• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Dead Island 2? It's STILL being worked on, promises THQ Nordic

Bullet Club

Remember Dead Island 2? It's STILL being worked on, promises THQ Nordic

Dead Island 2 gets a new logo, as publisher THQ Nordic says to "stay tuned" for more news

lw3s1bz.jpg

In yesterday's presentation, CEO Lars Wingefors, upon looking ahead to THQ Nordic's upcoming slate of titles, very briefly mentioned that Dead Island 2 was still "being worked on", and fans should "stay tuned" for more info when it arrives. And that was it. The game hasn't been cancelled, and we'll learn more when Deep Silver is ready to share. Cue heavy sighs across the internet.

yWdGraB.jpg

That said, look closely at presentation slide number 15 during the live stream, and you can see the upcoming sequel has received a new logo, in which the iconic grapheme of the hangman's tree from the original game has been updated with the number "2" beneath it. Whether this is an rough piece of concepting, or an official update to the game's previous artwork is unclear, but it is perhaps a promising indication that Dead Island 2 has been at least evolving since we last saw any gameplay in 2014.

With the dawn of the PS5 and Xbox Project Scarlett right around the corner in 2020, the open world zombie shooter doesn't have long to either release on current hardware, or transition to the next-generation to stay profitable. Fingers crossed that Deep Silver gives us more information than just "Dead Island 2 exists mmkay" in the coming months.

Source: Games Radar

I hope so. I liked dead island and dead island : riptide. It was janky, the story didn't make sense and the voice acting was poor. But my god, running around smashing zombie people in bikinis, over the head with an ore. Fun times.

-MD-

since Dying light 2 is abandoning the zombies and focusing on killing the IP, i'm looking forward to Dead island's return

Wait, what? Lmao

Dying Light was literally just Dead Island with parkour so I'm interested to see what they do with Dead Island 2.

odd_hatch

Dead Island and Dying Light are the only zombie games worth playing, even with it's many flaws.

Dead Island 2 is welcome since we don't know what Dying Light 2 could bring to the table.

somerset

Sigh- sigh....

Look guys, Dead Island, Dead Island the next part, Dying Light(1) and Dying Light(2) (which *does* still have zombies) are all 100% Techland. Techland, Techland, Techland. A very old and very good *engine* company.

But the *name* of Dead Island belongs to a publisher that has *nothing* to do with any code behind the aforementioned games- *nothing*.

So Dead Island 2 is *nothing*, doesn't exist- has never existed- will never exist. Instead incompetent sh-t publisher THQ Nordic is looking for some crap dev team to make some crap zombie-based game that barely works, almost certainly coded in Unreal, that they can then *lyingly* label as Dead Island 2 in order to fool *suckers* into buying it.

Thye have tried this twice- and both times the crappy dev crashed and burned before a release.

100% of what you want from 'Dead Island 2' is actually 100% emboded in the work of Techland, who are currently spending far too long making Dying Light 2- which currently seems to be 'The Division' meets Dead Island.

Dead Island = Techland Engine, and nothing else. And *no* this is engine isn't up for 'license' by third parties who are not directly working with Techland.

Top Bottom