• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder - 3DS/Wii U eShop Closure (Add giftcard funds before August 29!!!)

fart town usa

Gold Member
The eshop for Wii U and 3DS don't actually close until March 2023 but the only way to add funds right now is via eShop giftcards. That option is ending on the 29th (MONDAY)

This is especially important for people who want the Silver Falls game on Wii U. The developer said it would cost $30 or so $24.99, I just loaded up $55 to be safe.

As of March 27, 2023, it will no longer be possible to make purchases in Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. It will also no longer be possible to download free content, including game demos. Furthermore, as this date draws closer, related services will cease to function:

• As of May 23, 2022, it is no longer possible to use a credit card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
  • As of August 29, 2022, it will no longer be possible to use a Nintendo eShop Card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. However, it will still be possible to redeem download codes until March 27, 2023.

A solo effort from Jerrell of Sungrand Studios. Horror game (part of a a larger series of books/games). The Wii U game will incorporate the Wiimote and balance board (optional). Jerrell basically wants to make a swan song for the Wii U and incorporate all the features that the system offers. Yea it looks janky, who gives a shit? Indie horror for the Wii U? 100% count me in.

drganon drganon is right. Google it to find out how (if you own a switch).
If you link your 3ds account with your switch account, you can use money added to your switch account to buy 3ds games. I did that and got the 3ds ace attorney games dirt cheap.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Wait, what? So you in a few days you can't redeem eShop card codes?
Yup, for 3DS and Wii U.

Also, just checked the store, some great games on sale for cheap. RE4 Wii is $5, Rayman Legends is $10. Ducktales Remastered is like $3.50, D&D Mystaria Chronicles is also $3.50.

Scoop 'em up boys.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
The eshop for Wii U and 3DS don't actually close until March 2023 but the only way to add funds right now is via eShop giftcards. That option is ending on the 29th (MONDAY)

This is especially important for people who want the Silver Falls game on Wii U. The developer said it would cost $30 or so, I just loaded up $55 to be safe.

A solo effort from Jerrell of Sungrand Studios. Horror game (part of a a larger series of books/games). The Wii U game will incorporate the Wiimote and balance board (optional). Jerrell basically wants to make a swan song for the Wii U and incorporate all the features that the system offers. Yea it looks janky, who gives a shit? Indie horror for the Wii U? 100% count me in.
Wait, so you’re saying that this indie game will actually release on the eShop after the final cutoff date for adding funds? It’s hard for me to imagine Nintendo permitting a new release during these sunsetting months when even the pay systems are limited.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Wait, so you’re saying that this indie game will actually release on the eShop after the final cutoff date for adding funds? It’s hard for me to imagine Nintendo permitting a new release during these sunsetting months when even the pay systems are limited.
Yea, strange enough, Nintendo has been super helpful with getting the games ready and whatnot. Jerrell has been posting videos for a while now but I think he recently got the word to "shit or get off the pot".

There's no official release date for the Wii U titles but it's gotta be sometime soon. Probably within the next month or so (hopefully). No way it's vaporware though, I think he was just ironing out bugs and stuff.

Last edited:

Kazza

Thanks for the reminder. Got me some Sega 3D classics. There don't seem to be any discounts on any games though - this is Nintendo not Steam after all

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
good call, those have been on my wish list. Awesome games.
The entire Retro VC on the Wii U is worth going through once more before they shut it down. Same with the 3DS. If you don’t have the New 3DS you can’t play the SNES games on there for whatever reason. There are some good ones on there like Vampire Master of Darkness.

TidusYuna

These videos cover 3DS and Wii-U pretty well for things you may want to pick up before eshop closure. I found a lot of hidden gems and DLC I would have missed if not for these videos. Shout out to FromTheVoid.

3DS Exclusives and Hidden Gems Part1

3DS Exclusives and Hidden Gems Part2

Wii-U

Virtual Console

Important DLC for Wii-U and 3DS

Last edited:

Leonidas

The way to add money now seems sketchy, sounds like you have to add more money than the games actually cost? So you'll be left with some remaining balance you'll never be able to use?

Feels bad if that's the case. I still have $0.01 on my account I hope someone files a class action if this is true :lollipop_grimacing:

Top Bottom