• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remothered: Broken Porcelain |OT| Broken Game

Hostile_18

Banned
fcWN2SB.jpg

What is this game?
The sequel to Remothered: Two Fathers and developed by Stomind Games. Remothered: Broken Porcelain is a traditional old school survival horror out today for PC, Playstation, Xbox and Switch RRP £24.99.

The Premise
After her expulsion from the Flemmington Girls’ Institute, an all-girls boarding school, the rebellious Jen suffers an injury attempting to escape from the Ashmann Inn, where she was sent to serve as one of its maids. Together with her new friend and fellow maid, a timid violinist named Linn, Jen slowly becomes aware of the manor's unsettling history. As the two girls begin to observe strange occurrences involving the inn's residents, a haunting figure lurking within the halls, and an ominous presence from inside the hotel, the duo must escape from their prison with the truth... and their lives.

Meanwhile, the enigmatic Rosemary Reed encounters an old nemesis, Stefano Ashmann, the since disfigured owner of the Ashmann Inn, in her continued search for Celeste Felton - a young girl who vanished years before under unexplainable circumstances. Closer to the answers she seeks than ever before, Reed will uncover everyone's role in this twisted plot, for better or worse.

Launch Trailer

Screenshots
5fTusuH.png

Df2RVgq.jpg

B5eP36y.jpg

hyXOZdG.png

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I bought the first game at a discount and loved it. Game me that old school Silent Hill vibe. As I often do I take chances on cheaper games and if I like them then buy their sequels day one full price.

Can't wait to get stuck into this tonight. Highly recommend the series if your into PS2 style survival horrors. 😁

Teslerum

I bought the first game at a discount and loved it. Game me that old school Silent Hill vibe. As I often do I take chances on cheaper games and if I like them then buy their sequels day one full price.

Can't wait to get stuck into this tonight. Highly recommend the series if your into PS2 style survival horrors. 😁

More like PS1 considering its influence is specifically the earlier games in the Clock Tower franchise.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
img_20201013_144758s7kvy.jpg

ss_a00a8717014f41bcf8ce772af4c759c94fc6a507.600x338.jpg

ss_9abe2ec8b634d3dd9dee44d51083efdf9f0fa822.600x338.jpg

ss_84881c8153497028312b5c10f6ce4954f3a56db8.600x338.jpg

ss_e7be9a3bf17ad7368c03aadd3e829846e226acee.600x338.jpg

ss_757e09a9724a511741896103185de3adf2be5e24.600x338.jpg

ss_02bcfcca5a4018e63a15a02ce234b8998fe81ab6.600x338.jpg

trailers1f3jjx.jpg

img_20201013_160238ijj64.jpg

Didn't see a OT so
Very quick & dirty for those that are interested​

Last edited:

Arachnid

I haven't seen any promotion of this game, and users on reddit are reporting a bunch of bugs and framerate issues. On top of that, there isn't a single review out for this.

I'm still interested so I'll buy and play it this month, but it's looking like a rough start (which sucks since the first game was fantastic)..

TGO

I haven't seen any promotion of this game, and users on reddit are reporting a bunch of bugs and framerate issues. On top of that, there isn't a single review out for this.
Sounds like the original then 😂

MiguelItUp

Watching CohhCarnage play this right now and it looks incredibly buggy. I mean, really bad, haha. I don't know if it's AS bad as the previous, or worse. He's already gotten stuck multiple times where he can't move his character and dies as a result.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I'd definitely recommend hopping into Cohh's stream to just look at it. It's a shame, because graphically the game looks pretty good. But man, definitely needed some more time in the oven for sure. All kinds of issues through and through.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Hostile_18

Banned
Little late 😉

Edit: mind yours is better, mine was a quick mobile effort lol.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: TGO

GHG

Is the first game worth playing now?

It's often on sale but I see the mixed reviews and nope out.

If it helps, I prefer my "horror" games to play more like classic resident evil/silent hill rather than this more recent trend of walking sim hide and seek with the odd jump scare nonsense.

kunonabi

If it helps, I prefer my "horror" games to play more like classic resident evil/silent hill rather than this more recent trend of walking sim hide and seek with the odd jump scare nonsense.

It's ok. The gameplay has issues so it isn't all that great to actually play but the presentation and atmosphere is pretty solid for what it is.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Hostile_18

Banned

From what I remember it's a mix of Silent Hill and Outlast. Certainly worth it for the sale price IMO. If you really hate hide and seek mechanics maybe not though.

Reactions: GHG

TGO

Little late 😉

Edit: mind yours is better, mine was a quick mobile effort lol.

So was mine! 😂

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Looks lame as hell. Amnesia and Medium dropping soon. Scorn hopefully this year too

Last edited:

drotahorror

I personally couldn't get into it. I bought it day 1 and gave it a fair shot. It was slow, clunky, not scary or creepy at all to me.

Obviously a different game but I found Song of Horror a better game, for an indie-style survival horror.

GrayFoxPL

I was looking forward to playing the first one but it was weak imo. Poor Clock Tower clone. Janky mess.

If you want good hide and seek horror check Outlast or even old CT games.

Hostile_18

Banned
I personally couldn't get into it. I bought it day 1 and gave it a fair shot. It was slow, clunky, not scary or creepy at all to me.

Obviously a different game but I found Song of Horror a better game, for an indie-style survival horror.

Thought that was unusual a decent looking game not on console but a quick google and it is coming out on PS4 end of this month. I'll defo look out for it. Cheers! 😁

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I own the original. I thought the animations were a bit rough around the edges when I played it on PS4. It was an interesting concept, but it should have been worked on longer. The voice actors they had felt obnoxiously AA level at times and the gameplay loop got old pretty fast. I got what I wanted from it within the first 30 minutes, so I never went back. It definitely looks interesting, but there seems to be a lack of polish around the edges.

CthulhuPL

First Remothered was a very good game although quite simple. Main issue that I had with it was broken HDR support on PS4 pro. I had to literally turn it off from the console's menu, otherwise the screen was washed out, grayish kinda.

TGO

I'll look into this 👍
Anyway had to Finish the first one which surprisingly didn't take long as I had already started it and I've just jumped straight onto this one and the first thing I've noticed it's the graphics are a LOT better and animations better and faster and she leaps over stuff in her way, this girl runs like Sidney Prescott
And she has a nail gun, that's new.
Anyway looks promising so far and massive improvement on the first.

Last edited:

Concern

Damn this looks interesting. Gave me evil within vibes. Looking forward to reading your impressions later op.

I enjoyed the first game despite it’s issues and glad it was actually third person, but I’m hearing the sequel is broken, glitchy and nearly unplayable. That’s disappointing. Hopefully they can sort things out or we might have the next “Amy”.

Reactions: Isa

Hostile_18

Banned
Its "mostly negative" on Steam. Any impressions guys? I didnt get round to buying it yet but if it's super buggy maybe I will wait for the sale.

Mod of War Mod of War could you please update the thread title "Remothered: Broken Porcelain |OT| Broken Game"

I don't think the current title is reflective of the game anymore 😂

TGO

Any impressions guys?
I've seen 1 bug in a cutscene, character didn't know which direction it wanted to face, other then that...nah
And I've defeated the first boss.
Oh there is now skill tree and crafting too
Game seems alot smoother then in videos I've seen too, I'm playing on a Pro though
Overall I'm enjoying it reminds me a bit more of clocktower then last time

Last edited:
This looks like the sort of thing that should be right up my alley but I'm hearing it's really broken and honestly doesn't look all that interesting from the screenshots.

TGO

Abort! Abort!
Game had been infected by wokeness!
b3f29fa65affe7d332f1b8561bdd007b.gif

Ruined it with tackie lesbian crap 😔

Last edited:
Top Bottom