• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RENNSPORT - First Gameplay of New Sim Racing Game on Unreal Engine 5

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

RENNSPORT - First Gameplay of New Sim Racing Game on Unreal Engine 5

Check RENNSPORT offcial website for more info:

Timestamps
Granaliza Intro 00:00
Introduction 00:08
Porsche Porsche 911 GT3 Unreal Engine 5 Render 01:02
First Gameplay 01:55
BMW M4 Unreal Engine 5 Render 02:45

Banned
ec64e1d7bbb58dfffa7b4291f00197d9

Klik

Interested how this game will end up and i hope it will also have street cars ans great VR implementation. Racing games in VR are purely amazing and gamechanger..

But honestly, i think all simracer are waiting for Assetto Corsa 2 next year😁 They will use their own engine so i think it will be great for mods. Also, VR should be better implemented compared to ACC which was build in UE4.

CamHostage

I dont see any evidence of nanite level geometry. Might as well be UE4 then.

That's a consumer-level understanding of UE, but it's off-base to think that UE5 is just a delivery system for Nanite and Lumen (or, for that matter, that games will be better-looking by default because of Nanite and Lumen.) There's lots of reasons to work in UE5 (especially now that it has proven stable for product launches, and that studios are pulling from a talent pool which is gearing up on the new systems,) and ultimately, most Unreal Engine games will be made in UE5 over UE4 just for the production advantages, regardless of how advanced the project is in its tech use.

Last edited:

CGNoire

That's a consumer-level understanding of UE, but it's off-base to think that UE5 is just a delivery system for Nanite and Lumen (or, for that matter, that games will be better-looking by default because of Nanite and Lumen.) There's lots of reasons to work in UE5 (especially now that it has proven stable for product launches, and that studios are pulling from a talent pool which is gearing up on the new systems,) and ultimately, most Unreal Engine games will be made in UE5 over UE4 just for the production advantages, regardless of how advanced the project is in its tech use.
They just like everyone else go out of there way now to mention UE5 in there marketing so that customers can imagine it will leverage Nanite and Lumen to bring truly next gen visuals. No customer gives 2 shits about whether there development pipeline is more cushingly or not. They all know what there implying with the UE5 label.

UE5 without use of Nanite, Lumen, or Virtual Shadow maps is basicly UE4.

Nanite with out using high poly models wont really look any different than normal. Outside of Epics own presentations very few proper use of nanite have been show. Most of the time its just Nanitified last gen assets which just muddies the nanite brand. When properly used under the supervision of a competent art director it will mean a huge visual upgrade.

Top Bottom