• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Repella Fella

Coflash

About this game
Set in a future, post-apocalyptic Australia, Repella Fella tells the story of several characters as they work towards a better life. Shoot, stab, lie and maim your way through any problem that presents itself. Explore weird and wonderful locations scattered throughout Australia.
Features:
  • Completely voiced with over 75 talented voice actors
  • An engaging story with multiple subplots
  • Read notes, books, newspapers and guides
  • Multiple endings with a final collaborative choice - the most voted option determines where and how the sequel will begin
  • Authentically Australian - no overdone accents or dusty, barren wastelands
  • 5 years in the making
  • Search for weapons and items to aid you in your travels
  • Coming to Steam on Windows, Mac and Linux
How do I play the game?
The game consists of either making choices during cinematics or exploring interactive areas to progress through the game.

There are various locations where you can walk around, chat to people, make story based choices, discover multiple subplots, find reading materials, listen to audio cassettes and complete small quests. Many objects can be interacted with, and there are numerous items you can find to use in your adventures.

One book in the game contains over 120 pages full of information, illustrations and photos.

It's not possible to see all of the content in any one playthrough. You will need to play the game at least 3 times to see the majority of the game's content.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/misadventurous/repella-fella
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1008860

yhNuLmI.jpg

fXhcXee.gif

w3rArIg.jpg

yPmIvPp.gif

73QR9XN.gif

NWpZ004.jpg

x0Y2rqg.gif

Full disclosure: This is my game and it will be coming regardless of the Kickstarter outcome. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Coflash

Yep! I test it often on my 2017 Mac. My theory is if I can maintain 144FPS on that thing (in gameplay segments), any decent PC from the past decade should have no problems.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Whoever covered 'Waltzing Matilda' in the trailer did a bad job.

The game looks interesting though, so I will keep an eye on the reviews once it's out.

Coflash

Whoever covered 'Waltzing Matilda' in the trailer did a bad job.

How dare you!

It was designed for the intro video, which it goes really well with.

I initially tried to license the 'Bodyjar' version (Aussie band) but hit roadblock after roadblock. Once this version was made (faster, punchier), I then had to pay for rights to use it globally... because uh... some place in New York owns the rights to this iconic Australian song. Which still seems strange to me.

Anyway, once again - how dare you! And the full release should hopefully be within the next 1-2 months.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
How dare you!

It was designed for the intro video, which it goes really well with.

I initially tried to license the 'Bodyjar' version (Aussie band) but hit roadblock after roadblock. Once this version was made (faster, punchier), I then had to pay for rights to use it globally... because uh... some place in New York owns the rights to this iconic Australian song. Which still seems strange to me.

Anyway, once again - how dare you! And the full release should hopefully be within the next 1-2 months.
You know, I had no idea the song's origins. For whatever reason, I was thinking it was a cover of The Pogues 'The Band Played Waltzing Matilda'. Forgive me. I am sorry. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Anyway, the game looks interesting man. Congrats on the full upcoming launch. I've got my eye on it. 😘

Ozzie666

This looks interesting. But was it just me or was the driver side of the van on the wrong side? Australia driver's sit on the right side of the vehicles not the left like North America.
It's a small thing or am I losing my mind.

D5eQaoA.png

Coflash

It's out fellas!

Some things:
  1. 7-8 hours of gameplay with replayability value
  2. A pirate version of the game was specifically created for pirates, released by FitGirl
  3. Repella Fella was featured in the Aus Indie showcase at Pax 2022 (Melbourne)
  4. It is fully voiced (there are over 90 paid voice actors)
  5. Jay Anthony Franke (JCDenton from the original Deus Ex) briefly voices an American character
  6. It works on PC, Mac and Linux (native Linux)

If you want to try the game, feel free to grab the pirate edition from fitgirl (thanks, fitgirl!). It's the same thing with a different intro video. Want to see the pirate version intro video? Here you are!

How I got here:

Where to next:

Want a Steam key?
To celebrate, I've got 10 to give away. Simply comment and I'll PM you so that bots don't nab it.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's out fellas!

Some things:
  1. 7-8 hours of gameplay with replayability value
  2. A pirate version of the game was specifically created for pirates, released by FitGirl
  3. Repella Fella was featured in the Aus Indie showcase at Pax 2022 (Melbourne)
  4. It is fully voiced (there are over 90 paid voice actors)
  5. Jay Anthony Franke (JCDenton from the original Deus Ex) briefly voices an American character
  6. It works on PC, Mac and Linux (native Linux)

If you want to try the game, feel free to grab the pirate edition from fitgirl (thanks, fitgirl!). It's the same thing with a different intro video. Want to see the pirate version intro video? Here you are!

How I got here:

Where to next:

Want a Steam key?
To celebrate, I've got 10 to give away. Simply comment and I'll PM you so that bots don't nab it.

Congrats on the release! I will happily take a key. :p

Top Bottom