• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Alan Wake Remastered Runs On a New Engine and Supports Ray-Tracing

Zathalus

I've seen some scrrenshots, it's a remaster and not a remake, so this is not true. Same engine with updated lighting, textures and models.

sinnergy

I bought it on ebay when it was on sale for an actual dollar and felt like I wanted my money back

The story while it had potential was super tedious, game is repetitive as all hell, generic enemies,
crap camera and just BORING overall which was a shame because its not a 'bad' game halfway decent rental I guess replay value is next to nill even if someone did enjoy it...IMO

Alan Wake getting a remake feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel
Right .. to bad you played it 13 years to late 🤣 controls weren’t that different fro. Other games in that era .

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Was the first one any good?

The game play is dull and the battery mechanic is not only annoying but one of the worst product advertisements of all time. Luckily the game is short and the narrative should carry you through. Barry was way too good for this game.

Great Hair

Banned
Average - atmosphere was great and some of the scenes in game were amazing but main gimmick of using flashlight got old really quickly.
Not even close to remedy best times with Max Payne 1&2.
Still better than Cristofer Walt´s weird biogame ...
Child Smile GIF

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Ugh, more frame rate snobs.

That's what I think when I see comments like yours.
Ha! That's fine, I don't mean to upset anyone, I just can't be doing with 30fps now, it's been something I've wanted to see the back of for ages, I'd much rather they sacrificed any other feature to keep the framerate at 60fps.
TBH, higher than 60fps doesn't do much for me so I might have to hand my framerate snob card in!

I played Control's raytracing mode for a couple of minutes and had to put it back to 60fps, it doesn't matter how shiny it is to me, if it's 30fps it's too smeary and blurred for me to feel like it's worth the trade off.

Danknugz

would be nice to have a proper full fledged sequel because the first was good but the whole david lunch twin peaks ode was a little underwhelming and always wished to see that fleshed out more.

Ha! That's fine, I don't mean to upset anyone, I just can't be doing with 30fps now, it's been something I've wanted to see the back of for ages, I'd much rather they sacrificed any other feature to keep the framerate at 60fps.
TBH, higher than 60fps doesn't do much for me so I might have to hand my framerate snob card in!

I played Control's raytracing mode for a couple of minutes and had to put it back to 60fps, it doesn't matter how shiny it is to me, if it's 30fps it's too smeary and blurred for me to feel like it's worth the trade off.
To be fair though, Control is a very blurry and smeary game at 30fps. Something with the motion blur and the reconstruction technique they're using for ray tracing makes everything look ultra smeary. Rift Apart wasn't nearly as bad as that.

Top Bottom