• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: GTA 6 Will Have Single-Player DLC

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
gta-6-dlc.jpg

Rockstar Games may have plans for single-player GTA 6 DLC ahead of the game’s launch, according to reliable insider Tez2. Tez2, whose recent reports of Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4 remasters were corroborated by numerous publications, wrote on popular fan site GTA Forums that Rockstar Games will revert back to how it planned DLC and add-ons before GTA Online’s success changed things. Although the online portion of GTA 5 turned out to be a massive success, players have long expressed their displeasure over lack of single-player DLC, which was in the works at one point before being scrapped.

gta-6-female.jpg

According to Tez2, Rockstar Games will be working on “new cities and missions” while GTA 6 is still in development. This way, the studio won’t be scrambling to allocate resources to DLC development post launch. Tez2 wrote:

Rockstar will go back to how they were planning future content before GTA Online success boomed. The first wave of ‘new cities and missions’ we will receive as DLC will definitely be planned out before VI releases. And Rockstar will be able to allocate resources towards whatever new title they will work on after VI release. As for the new cities, I think for the most part we will receive instanced new cities or islands. Like Cayo Perico or North Yankton style. That way, Rockstar can introduce a new heist for the next GTA Online mode with each new DLC. If we are lucky, we could receive a fully fledged new city from time to time.

Rockstar Games scrapped plans for GTA 5 single-player DLC back in 2015, much to fans’ disappointment. Later, the developer said that it decided to leave the game’s single-player alone because the campaign is “massive and very complete” as it is. Rockstar Games believes that GTA 5 is “three games in one.”

Jormatar

I always found it weird how they didn't release more content for a game that has way over 100 million copies sold. That is a lot of potential buyers for your future DLCs.

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Too bad they didn't make a story DLC with a different character for GTAV. Now they don't have anyone to humiliate and kill horribly in the first part of the next game just for shock value.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Pretty sure Rockstar said this quite a while ago now. The campaign won't be as long as people expect when it launches but they will gradually add new stuff over time.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Only way i see this happening is if its cut content from the initial release, theyl just turn it into some story shit and we will all buy that shit.

Larxia

Wouldn't surprise me.

They were the first to do large single player dlc as far as I remember.
Do you mean the first in like, every games ever? Because no, there have been big single player dlc before GTA IV, like Shivering Isles for Oblivion for example, and if we start talking about old pc games expansions it goes back even further (although we could insert GTA London here, but there have been other things before that too). They did big single player dlcs, but they weren't the firsts.

I do think they're building GTA VI as a platform more-so than a game.

So this tracks.

GTA VI (or whatever they call it) may be the last mainline GTA title we see for the next 10-20 years. They'll just build an iterate upon this behemoth until they've sucked us dry.

Last edited:

StormCell

lol @ you actually want single player DLC, so what they are going to do is "subtract some content" to repackage as single player DLC, and you will, of course, pay for it and be "happy"

Top Bottom