• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Hiroyuki Sanada to star in Ghost of Tsushiam Live Action

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to insider Daniel Richtman (DanielRPK), Hiroyuki Sanada (Shogun: The Glorious History of Japan) is in negotiations to take part in the Ghost of Tsushima movie.

It is not known which role he is being considered for (Likely Shimura)

For the time being, everything should be treated as a rumor.

The film will be directed by Chad Stahelski, who helmed all the films in the John Wick franchise.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

200w.gif

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
He's been in the same role since The Last Samurai. Hollywood knows about like 3 Japanese men and thats it.

He's big in Shogun now, but more importantly for me at least, he has worked with Chad Stahelski, the director of the Tsushima movie before, on John Wick 4. He's a storied actor, having done martial arts films in Hong Kong and Japan since forever.

He was already a leading man in the 80s:

(he's the guy in black)

Guy had some sweet moves back in the day! As others said he's too old to be playing Jin though...

CamHostage

Hollywood knows about like 3 Japanese men and thats it.

Yeah, I really love Sanada's work (and am continuously surprised every time somebody reminds me that he was the second guy in Ninja in the Dragon's Den... a bonkers movie BTW worth checking out,) but I do want another Japanese actor to be made a star some day. Hopefully this and Shogun will make a few new stars in addition to cementing Sanada's rep as a great face and powerful voice in cinema & TV.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im not the only one thinking this is cringe right?

everytime theres a role on asian gangster, samurai, ninja, its gonna be him.

Hollywood seriously lacking good asian actors and actress.
Its always the same asian taking up these roles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom