• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: PlayStation to Make Big Announcements this Week

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Just keep releasing games if you’re SONY for the longest time Xbox gamers have been making excuses why exclusives aren’t coming out, I see Sony winning this generation again and again and again

take that mic drop GIF by WWE

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this the new "Microsoft to buy SEGA next Wednesday" thread?

.Pennywise

Banned
I know "Russia-Ukraine" is the new "there's a pandemic".

But to be honest. If there's any shooting game to be showcased it's probably more trouble than anything.

Belthazar

A delay would be stupid, considering things will only get worse in a thing or two. Just do it already

Last edited:

yurinka

Well, people were concerned Sony was too quiet. Now, they don't shut up. :messenger_beaming:
They have been releasing some GOTY candidates these recent few weeks plus smaller great games like Sifu or Olli Olli World. Obviously they wanted to keep the attention focus on them. Now they delayed Forspoken, so as I remember there's only Ghostwire Tokyo remaining, but they already marketed it, it's a timed exclusive and from MS.

If other than that they are free from big exclusives (I'd ignore indie stuff like Stray) for the H1 then yes, it's time to release the Kraken and announce Knack 3 and so on.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Abandoned, aka Silent Hill was confirmed to be announced this month, hope the event is not delayed.

you damn fool... I pity thee
they didnt do anything to deserve this much dedication from you. stop grasping at a straws.

It is ok, they fooled you and all of us... for that one month last year. Now let it go... there wasn't ever anything there. Just lies

Last edited:

bitbydeath

you damn fool... I pity thee
they didnt do anything to deserve this much dedication from you. stop grasping at a straws.

It is ok, they fooled you and all of us... for that one month last year. Now let it go... there wasn't ever anything there. Just lies
You didn’t notice the account or just playing dumb?

bitbydeath

It is just some account posting name march.
There is NOTHING to it.
Probably teasing some event
They were asked when the Prologue would drop.
That’s the account that has access to the PlayStation database which is often referenced for upcoming game information. It’s legit.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
They were asked when the Prologue would drop.
That’s the account that has access to the PlayStation database which is often referenced for upcoming game information. It’s legit.
I still don't understand.
Even if this is real official PS account.. they just tweeted march.
Abandoned is nothing. If silent hill is remade, it is not abandoned. I guarantee you 100%, abandoned is just some scam shit game.

bitbydeath

I still don't understand.
Even if this is real official PS account.. they just tweeted march.
Abandoned is nothing. If silent hill is remade, it is not abandoned. I guarantee you 100%, abandoned is just some scam shit game.
The question was deleted, which is why it’s no longer showing up. Team real or fake, the announcement was scheduled for this month with a trailer and prologue drop.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The question was deleted, which is why it’s no longer showing up. Team real or fake, the announcement was scheduled for this month with a trailer and prologue drop.
what? the abandoned prologue was supposed to be announced this month?
no. it was announced last year and was supposed to drop month later.
Stop giving these fuckers attention, please. Hasan is a fraud. YOU MUST KNOW THIS

bitbydeath

what? the abandoned prologue was supposed to be announced this month?
no. it was announced last year and was supposed to drop month later.
Stop giving these fuckers attention, please. Hasan is a fraud. YOU MUST KNOW THIS
Not announced, made available to download.

bitbydeath

bitbydeath

so what ?
The account saying the reveal is/was scheduled for March is a real confirmation. You can still be Team Fake and think it’ll be revealed as something else, but the information of a reveal is legit.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The account saying the reveal is/was scheduled for March is a real confirmation. You can still be Team Fake and think it’ll be revealed as something else, but the information of a reveal is legit.
Reveal of what? They are too vague. Just teasing not even sure what.
Believe what you want man.
me? Silent hill sure, abandoned no

bitbydeath

Reveal of what? They are too vague. Just teasing not even sure what.
Believe what you want man.
me? Silent hill sure, abandoned no
The gameplay reveal is the prologue, and is planned to reveal the title of the game, much like how PT revealed the title Silent Hills.
Is Abandoned the actual IP name?

No Abandoned is a codename. The marketing title name will be announced with the gameplay reveal.

mortal

Gold Member
So is this going to be the typical State of Play format or is this meant to be something more?
All of the buzz / rumoring surrounding this is making it seem like the latter.

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
Everybody going to be so disappointed when this is just for stupid “Spartacus” - which it 100% will be mostly about as the writing is allllll over the wall.

And maybe showing a few games we likely already know of.

And to add to the popular topic at hand, it’s stupid to delay a conference for ANY reason - Yes, ANY outside of your company being PERSONALLY affected.

That isn’t to sound harsh, it just isn’t going to change the world one way or the other. Things like this drag on, and using this as an excuse is for nothing but pat-on-the-back feel good points.

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
Most of these state of plays have been disappointing so I'm not expecting much different this time around

For real.

I long for the e3 days where PlayStation begin to turn the tide around 08 and on. Announcement after announcement, big drops, future drops, man. Miss it all.

SoP are seldom not disappointing. Just not the same energy. And that pretty much applies to all of the gaming companies and their new showcases. None are as good as E3 keynotes were.

Last edited:
Top Bottom