• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Sandra Bullock to Lead All-Female ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ Reboot; Gary Ross director

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbs

Banned
Queen-Latifah.jpg

DocSeuss

Why do an all-female reboot when you could just do a gender-swapped reboot, or, heck, why not fix the imbalance of the first movie by seeking to have more even ratios?

I wonder if this film will have the ethnic diversity of the first Clooney film.

gurudyne

I support the idea, but I would support it a lot more if Soderbergh was directing again. At least get the art/sound/cinematography guys back. The Oceans films are all beautifully shot. Any reboot's got a hell of a steep climb to compete just in terms of style.

PSqueak

Banned
Reboot?

Huh, i dunno, i don't see how this can't be on the same continuity with the old ones, just state it's a different team for whatever reason.

The villains
images

images

I love the way you think, i hope they do something like this, but something tells me the villian will be a guy because, HOLLYWOOD!

Avixph

Why do an all-female reboot when you could just do a gender-swapped reboot, or, heck, why not fix the imbalance of the first movie by seeking to have more even ratios?

I wonder if this film will have the ethnic diversity of the first Clooney film.
Probably not.

Kasper

I love heist flicks, so I'll give it a go. What made the previous incarnation was the cast, so hopefully Bullock gets some interesting people to play off of. However unlikely, I would love to see Garfunkel and Oates be the female counterpart to Scott Caan and Casey Afflecks Malloy brothers.

C4Lukins

The type of ensemble in Ocean's Eleven features a lot of characters that you don't really see women do, will be interesting to see what kind of characters they include.

Which actresses has the smarmy charisma of Clooney and Pitt?

Some combination of Cate Blanchett, Emily Blunt, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and Anna Kendrick maybe?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Isn't there a comedian with an all female oceans 11 bit? Something about it never working due to how badly women treat each other.

Enzom21

I can't wait for this to be praised for being so progressive but still only cast one non-white person in a major role.

Tremis

This man does his research.
Don't really care about the movie, but I can't wait to see dumbfuck Gamergaters get mad about like they did with Ghostbusters.

Wut. Nice false equivalency thar.

People not happy with exploiting women as a gimmick in blockbuster movies somehow = GGers.

I'm down for the movie (1 & 3 are fantastic movies, and the tone is super-fun), though I wonder how you make it feel interesting. Is it just a straight retelling, a new story in the franchise... how is this just not an original movie that could be described as 'Ocean's Elveven with all ladies'?

Platy

As long as they don't go FULL comedy, awesome

Always fun to see a heist movie

I can't wait for this to be praised for being so progressive but still only cast one non-white person in a major role.

Clooney version had like 2 or 3 non white characters !
That is the minimum they need to beat

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
i grew up on the ocean's eleven franchise and this is just ruining my childhood

Ocean's Eleven is my favourite movie of all time and i like Sandra Bullock, so i'm definitely interested.
Will be interesting to see the cast. Please cast Rebecca Ferguson.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Terrible idea

only the Sandra bullock part. I have this inexplicable hate for her.

I could like this more than the original modern one depending on the writing and casting.

Herbs

Banned
A bit up your post...

Doesn't she even have experience with an all female heist-like movie too?

I can't think of female cheadle tho.

yeah, though it was much more serious in tone but still a great movie. I think she'd need to be more integral to the team than cheadle though.

Enzom21

As long as they don't go FULL comedy, awesome

Always fun to see a heist movie

Clooney version had like 2 or 3 non white characters !
That is the minimum they need to beat
All white woman cast is progressive enough for some.
A bit up your post...

She was in Set It Off.

PSqueak

Banned
Jesus, Hollywood really is out of ideas.

I don't care about the all-female leads thing. Just stop with the fucking remakes already.

I dunno what would be sadder, to accept what you just said and believe Hollywood has no more ideas, or to think that they have so little faith on an all female cast movie that they have to use brand recognition to get it made.

PreFire

Lol why a reboot?

Why not just make a fucking new movie, and call it something else. This is going to make google searches even more confusing.

And why are they rebooting a successful franchise? Thought this only happened with old movies or blockbuster flops.

Will probably watch anyway, Bullock is amazing.

I'm just pleased that someone is putting together a movie with eleven women in roles with agency.

Oh, the Don Cheadle part could be Whoopi Goldberg. I'm sure she could pull off a horrible Cockney accent.

Toss in Sofia Vergara, too. Just because.

Oooh, and Charlene Yi!

Herbs

Banned
I dunno what would be sadder, to accept what you just said and believe Hollywood has no more ideas, or to think that they have so little faith on an all female cast movie that they have to use brand recognition to get it made.

the hollywood has no ideas notion is tired and poor. reality says otherwise. but hey whatever narrative makes them feel better.

Vice

A bit up your post...

Lupita, Angela Basset, Viola Davis all have that smile that brightens a room. Some are almost as toothy as his too.

Lol why a reboot?

Why not just make a fucking new movie, and call it something else. This is going to make google searches even more confusing.

And why are they rebooting a successful franchise? Thought this only happened with old movies or blockbuster flops.

Will probably watch anyway, Bullock is amazing.

They may have had an idea for a similar film, but didn't want to risk a lawsuit and using an existing IP is easier.

Kuroyume

Banned
They need to reboot serial killer movies with the women as serial killers. Give me a female Dexter while we're at it.

D i Z

The OP says that it's not clear that this is a reboot, so why are we calling it a reboot?

Regardless, I'm down for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom