• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Sony will soon launch a FIFA 23 PS5 bundle with two Dual Sense controllers Sept 30th.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why a Fifa game?
Why not focus on just the non bundled console
Think About It GIF by Identity

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Pretty sure a $600-700 PS5 in Europe or Asia would be DOA. If the game and extra controller raise the price.

But if it's just the price hike cost, and neither the game or the extra controller raise the price, than it would be the same price as if you went and brought a PS5 with an extra controller anyway, and you get a free game, which knocks the price back to $499 or slightly below.
I see you have no idea how popular FIFA is......or the PS5......or the frikken world cup.

43d704c22d49886d2c7a8431c0adc57741e0d607.jpg

I know more people IRL who got PS5/XSXs for FIFA than I know who got PS5s for any other game.

I see you have no idea how popular FIFA is......or the PS5......or the frikken world cup.

43d704c22d49886d2c7a8431c0adc57741e0d607.jpg

I know more people IRL who got PS5/XSXs for FIFA than I know who got PS5s for any other game.

And they as usual will buy at the highest quantity around the holiday season, and a $700 console to play Fifa (assuming they add the game and spare controller to the price. will stock out when they can get the game and more, as well as other items somewhere else.

But if it's just the new adjusted price and Sony doesn't increase the price to include the game and the controller, than I agree the bundle will sell out very well. Absolutely.

Maybe he's an unpaid intern in Vietnam?

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I had a conversation with someone like that and it was hilarious. I was like not everyone is in your situation. Many people actually earn money with their jobs.

Sounds like the excuse people defending the PS5 price cut in Europe and Asia made that wasn't popular here. Some of which were people who made money and still didn't appove the hike.

Last edited:
And they as usual will buy at the highest quantity around the holiday season, and a $700 console to play Fifa (assuming they add the game and spare controller to the price. will stock out when they can get the game and more, as well as other items somewhere else.

But if it's just the new adjusted price and Sony doesn't increase the price to include the game and the controller, than I agree the bundle will sell out very well. Absolutely.

Sounds like the excuse people defending the PS5 price cut in Europe and Asia made that wasn't popular here. Some of which were people who made money and still didn't appove the hike.

Nah more like its just your excuse. Try harder next time.

LOL you're actually pretty funny.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
https://www.gizmochina.com/2022/09/14/sony-launch-ps5-fifa-23-bundle-dualsense-controller/

If this bundle is true, how much this matters will depend on the price of the bundle.

If the price has NOT changed in countries outside the US where Sony hoked the price of the PS5 around $50-$100, then the 2nd controller bundled with the console could potentially justify paying the new increased price. Because a Dual Sense controller itself is $60-$80 based on where you buy it and what region you are in. For those who buy Fifa and have a friend over or big gatherings, or want to have the game for an event, this would be no different than buying a standard PS5 and buying an extra controller. Only those who only one to play Fifa online, SP, or already have an extra controller wouldn't want it. Or those who don't want to buy Fifa.

However, if the cost for having this second controller bundled in and/or the Fifa 23 game, adds to the price, this may be the dumbest single bundle in the history of gaming and will surely be DOA.
I said god damn!!

PS5 and FIFA doa??

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Banjo64

cumsessed
Wouldn’t touch that bundle with a barge pole.

Series S is currently £249 bundled with FIFA 23 on Amazon, and the Ultimate Edition bundle is £269.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BCG39G51/

Feel sorry for the FIFA bros that will just spunk a wedge on that bundle to just play FIFA and CoD every year.

Last edited:
https://www.gizmochina.com/2022/09/14/sony-launch-ps5-fifa-23-bundle-dualsense-controller/
However, if the cost for having this second controller bundled in and/or the Fifa 23 game, adds to the price, this may be the dumbest single bundle in the history of gaming and will surely be DOA.

Every store has been unofficially selling them bundled with extra controllers, docks, ps plus cards and random games here in Canada just to further gouge buyers since a couple months into the launch of the PS5 and they still sell out instantly. It’s pretty rare to see it sold on its own.

So no, it won’t do a damn thing. At least nothing negative.

Last edited:
I feel like a huge PS5 supply in europe is happening this week. (which would explain why Horizon Forbidden West dropped to #8 in the UK).
Even here in Portugal i already got an alert from Fnac saying they are getting a PS5 + Fifa bundle in September 30th.

Sony wouldn't drop the ball with a Fifa game release in Europe right now...so this is the sku they will care about for October and then November and December it will be all about Ragnarok to sell the console.

jm89

I feel like a huge PS5 supply in europe is happening this week. (which would explain why Horizon Forbidden West dropped to #8 in the UK).
Even here in Portugal i already got an alert from Fnac saying they are getting a PS5 + Fifa bundle in September 30th.

Sony wouldn't drop the ball with a Fifa game release in Europe right now...so this is the sku they will care about for October and then November and December it will be all about Ragnarok to sell the console.
In the uk it's pretty massive. Multiple retailers all in one go have it in stock this morning, never see this level of restock in one day before.

reksveks

As in they reduced the number of the HFW hard bundle for prep for this week. Yeah, that might be a possibility.

The amazon UK Sept charts aren't too hot at the moment for console sales.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2022-09/videogames

#32 and #36 suspect next week and first week of October should be better.

August had the main sku at #11 but hard to obviously compare MoM

Last edited:

jm89

As in they reduced the number of the HFW hard bundle for prep for this week. Yeah, that might be a possibility.

I feel like they are doing the same thing as they are doing in the usa and really pushing stock through ps direct.

recma12

Except, here in Germany most people buy consoles to play FIFA and many need a second gamepad for couch coop.
This bundle will fly off the shelves in the EU.

I mean...a #32 and #36 is still the biggest selling console in the Uk for the month and that's without a huge last week from September that's about to happen like jm89 is mentioning here:
In the uk it's pretty massive. Multiple retailers all in one go have it in stock this morning, never see this level of restock in one day before.
Is thr Fifa bundle available today? Isn't that just for friday? Or can you pre-order the friday PS5 + Fifa bundle release?

Last edited:

Pelta88

Here in Europe stores made their own "unofficial" Playstation Fifa bundles and those sold like hot cakes. It's going to be interesting to see how well an official bundle does.

jm89

I mean...a #32 and #36 is still the biggest selling console in the Uk for the month and that's without a huge last week from September that's about to happen like jm89 is mentioning here:

Is thr Fifa bundle available today? Isn't that just for friday? Or can you pre-order the friday PS5 + Fifa bundle release?
Yeah just for pre order for friday release.

Last edited:

reksveks

Not comparing it to any other consoles, I just am saying that it hasn't been too high in the charts this month.

Also being the biggest selling console isn't what Sony cares about, its about hitting that sales target.

SLB1904

Banned
What bunch of assumptions am I making?
The muh exclusives part and people care about exclusives. At no moment I mentioned none of that. You got ahead of yourself.
Let me put bluntly
Playstation brand is bigger than xbox by a wide margin in Europe. People don't give a shit about exclusives. They see playstation writin on the box they buy it.

jm89

Really? Fuck. That’s news to me.

Does the Series S play the next gen version of FIFA? Yeah. Does it play ‘muh Sony exclusives’? No. Do most people care? No.
What most people will care is what their friends have anyway. Fifa seems to be alot bigger on ps.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The muh exclusives part and people care about exclusives. At no moment I mentioned none of that. You got ahead of yourself.
Let me put bluntly
Playstation brand is bigger than xbox by a wide margin in Europe. People don't give a shit about exclusives. They see playstation writin on the box they buy it.
Yeah, UK aside, you are right. I have to say though, that I find that type of poorly informed consumer to be pretty pathetic.

Banjo64

cumsessed
What most people will care is what their friends have anyway. Fifa seems to be alot bigger on ps.
That’s true, that’s what a decades long advertising deal with the CL gets you. This one has cross platform play though, so that wouldn’t influence me personally.

SLB1904

Banned
Yeah, UK aside, you are right. I have to say though, that I find that type of poorly informed consumer to be pretty pathetic.
That's the power of the brand, same as apple and anything really. Even cars people would rather pay for a audi no extras more expensive than a kia or hyunday that come fully kitted

Yes, If you ignore that Xbox series x is #17 on that list
And how do you know that #32 and #36 isn't bigger than the #17 that Series X is on Amazon?
PS5 will have 3 skus this month: Both the ones at #32 and #36 plus the one that just opened in pre-orders everywhere today for this friday release and will include the final weekend of september as well as opoed to the Series X sku you mentioned.

pasterpl

Without numbers, its impossible to tell if that 32+36 ranking is greater than 17.

I also think that we need to remember that amazon is just one retailer.

Series s is #37 just behind ps5, and yeah, Amazon is only one retailer, but at the same time is one of the biggest retailers in the uk.

And how do you know that #32 and #36 isn't bigger than the #17 that Series X is on Amazon?
PS5 will have 3 skus this month: Both the ones at #32 and #36 plus the one that just opened in pre-orders everywhere today for this friday release and will include the final weekend of september as well as opoed to the Series X sku you mentioned.
Xbox series x is #17 while Xbox series s is #37, so how do you know if #17 and #37 on Amazon? Asking same question you asked me. We don’t have absolute numbers so we both are guessing.

I mean, you have made the following statement;

I mean...a #32 and #36 is still the biggest selling console in the Uk for the month

I just corrected it.

Also worth adding, there is less official fifa23 bundle with series s where you are basically getting the game for free.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BC2F6VB7/

Last edited:

reksveks

You can get a series s and a copy of fifa 23 here in the U.K. for £269.99
Yeah, there is like 4 sku's in the amazon charts. Refurb/Normal and then combined with Fifa Ultimate or Normal. I don't think they will come up in the Weekly SW numbers though.

Wouldn’t touch that bundle with a barge pole.

Series S is currently £249 bundled with FIFA 23 on Amazon, and the Ultimate Edition bundle is £269.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BCG39G51/

Feel sorry for the FIFA bros that will just spunk a wedge on that bundle to just play FIFA and CoD every year.
That's a Series S though. People want the proper consoles, be it a PS5 or Series X - even if all they play is FIFA and Call of Duty.

Even if that's the only games they play, doesn't mean they are that hard up for cash. A couple hundred dollars for something you use for years, is nothing to most working adults. Hell, I paid more than that just to move up to first-class on a plane ride just to have the extra leg room.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
That's a Series S though. People want the proper consoles, be it a PS5 or Series X - even if all they play is FIFA and Call of Duty.
Source on that? Most people I know think if they have a 4k TV everything on it is displayed at 4k. The last time I checked the Series S is a proper console, it’s not a squeaky dog toy.

Even if that's the only games they play, doesn't mean they are that hard up for cash. A couple hundred dollars for something you use for years, is nothing to most working adults. Hell, I paid more than that just to move up to first-class on a plane ride just to have the extra leg room.
I’m not sure why you’re making it a question of affordability, I’d expect people on benefits to be able to save £400.

Top Bottom