• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order To Launch This Friday on PS5/XSX

3liteDragon

The next-gen upgrade will launch on the same day it's officially announced.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order’s PS5 release is this Friday, according to a source speaking to TheGamer. EA has remained tightlipped on any specific dates so far, but this latest news reveals the publisher will be shadow dropping the upgrade to players in just two days. According to a source from a UK video game retailer, stores have today received physical copies of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on PS5, and have been told by the head office that there will be an “announcement and release” on June 11, this Friday.

Previously, all we have been told from official channels is that the next-gen upgrade would get a summer release. This however isn’t the only time a retailer has shed more light on when we’d be getting the upgraded version of the 2019 hit. Last month, Brazillian retailers listed the release date as June 26. This appears to have been pushed forward, with a large UK retailer now prepping for a June 11 release, as set out by its higher management.

This news also confirms that the upgrade will get a physical relaunch. Anyone who already owns the game and a PS5 console will not have to buy the game again, as it has been confirmed that there will be a free next-gen upgrade. This physical launch will just be for those who missed Jedi: Fallen Order during its original run on PS4 and now own a PS5. EA does not currently have any events scheduled for June 11, in which it could announce this shadow drop. It’s possible that this too will be a last-minute surprise - or alternatively, it could just be announced via social media.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order received widespread critical acclaim when it launched in 2019, at least in comparison to EA’s other Star Wars offerings during the eighth console generation. TheGamer gave it 3.5/5, saying that it perfectly captured the Star Wars aesthetic, and also praised the level design.

Kuranghi

Maybe now it’ll fix the stutter that plagues the game even on current gen consoles

Doubtful, from what I've read/seen its present on high end PCs (with the game installed on a fast SSD) as well when you try to run it at 60fps, 30fps lock fixes asset loading stutters but saving stutters are still present. Obviously you have the much improved I/O of PS5 but I don't know if they would bother/have the time or the money to rewrite the code to take advantage of that.

It would be great if they did though, I'd love to replay it at 60fps with near the same IQ as the first time (native 4K).

Last edited:

sackings

already runs pretty good on my PS5 IMO. The one issue was as people mentioned above. Also crashes quite a bit.

Boss Mog

Am I crazy or didn't this game already get a patch update for PS5 and XSX? I'm guessing this is a more thorough upgrade of stuff?

I'm all in, loved Fallen Order.
It got a patch for running the PS4 version at 60fps on PS5. This is a full native PS5 version.

Am I crazy or didn't this game already get a patch update for PS5 and XSX? I'm guessing this is a more thorough upgrade of stuff?

I'm all in, loved Fallen Order.
I think that patch just unlocked the framerate but left the resolution and assets/detail the same?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Loved Jedi Fallen Order. Such an excellent game and I don't give two shits about Star Wars. lol. If it wasn't for Days Gone, this would have been my 2019 game of the year.

Jack Uzi

Banned
Make the new game plus an actual new game plus where more than clothes carry over. Skills and abilities being locked via progression is bad design.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Enjoyed battlefront 2’s campaign and Jedi play, need to get around to playing Fallen Order.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Maybe now it’ll fix the stutter that plagues the game even on current gen consoles
The texture streaming in that game is all over the place, in Xbox One it even freezes for seconds in the mid of a level while loading the enemies right at the next corner... It srsly needs to use the current IO tech on PS5 and Xbox Series consoles to overcome those issues.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Looks to be out now on Series consoles. Picture copied from Reddit.

as6uhuvzxm471.jpg

thatJohann

Played the PS5 version for a bit this morning. Looks beautiful an runs silky smooth at 60fps in Performance Mode. Not sure what the technical improvements are, since the game was already gorgeous before, but plays and runs like a dream on PS5.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
So it seems to be a bigger download than the PS4 version, hope this doesn't mean it's just a lazy port.

And the trophies leaked, seems like it will be a shadow drop:

Another forum member updated the game on PS5, and it's 47 GB on the disk, after a ~20-ish GB upgrade.

Banned
Another forum member updated the game on PS5, and it's 47 GB on the disk, after a ~20-ish GB upgrade.

since when can you "update" PS4 games to become PS5 games on PS5?

PS4 and PS5 games are completely different SKUs on PSN.
even on Xbox it's not really the same sku, hence why it is called "upgrade" instead of "update" when you patch it, and it doesn't really patch it either, it simply replaces the already installed One version with the new Series X|S version.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Last edited:
Top Bottom