• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REPORT: The Elder Scrolls VI Is Planned as an Xbox Exclusive

Do you still think es6 will come to other than pc and Xbox?

• Yes

Votes: 75 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 425 85.0%

• Total voters

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

The Elder Scrolls VI, the next mainline entry in Bethesda's popular fantasy RPG series, is reportedly being planned as an Xbox exclusive.

With Bethesda now part of the Microsoft family, a new report claims that the next mainline Elder Scrolls game will be an Xbox exclusive.

Bethesda's next title, Starfield, is already an Xbox exclusive, with the game slated for release on Xbox Series X/S and Microsoft Windows on Nov. 11, 2022. In a post to Twitter, GamesBeat editor Jeff Grubb responded to a post claiming that Bethesda's Pete Hines suggested in a recent interview that Starfield could make its way to Sony's PlayStation 5 system in the future. "No," Grubb wrote. "And also Elder Scrolls 6 is planned as Xbox exclusive as well."

So confirmed that Starfield will never come To PlayStation 5 and es6 is planned as an Xbox exclusive as well, just as an PSA in before
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Mojang is part of the Microsoft family, and Minecraft came to PS5. I can’t see any reason why ESVI wouldn’t realease on PS5. Bethesda/MS will stay make their hard-earned money.

Minecraft was already on PS4 just before the Mojang acquisition, making it playable on PS5 regardless, totally different story.

Fredrik

The only way ES6 is coming to the PS5 is if the Xbox Series are selling so badly that they need to desperately start recouping the Bethesda investment through competing platforms.
I don’t think the TES games has sold all that much on Playstation anyway so I doubt it’ll happen. Main platform will likely be PC and they’ll port it to Xbox, and it’ll run on cloud as well.

So it's a statement from Jeff Grubb, right? Is he working for Microsoft? Because others "journalists" have done similar false statements in the past, like Eurogamer.

Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusive to Xbox One

Star-Lord

So it's a statement from Jeff Grubb, right? Is he working for Microsoft? Because others "journalists" have done similar false statements in the past, like Eurogamer.

Exactly. In this day and age, exclusivity stands for nothing. Xbox and PC might have it before PlayStation, but sooner or later it WILL come to PlayStation too.

All_Might

Microsoft paid a hefty sum for Zenimax, the primary reason being having more heavy hitters for their first party lineup. It would make no sense to release any more Bethesda games on PlayStation (apart from profit of course). Since this for many people is a key role I deciding to buy an Xbox. This isn’t an issue for me since I play on Pc & Ps5, but my brother only games on PlayStation and the Elder Scrolls series is his fav, which is why I was thinking of gifting him an Xbox Series X as his birthday gift.
This is just an example but I think it goes to show that this game being exclusive undoubtedly will move more people to Xbox.

SpokkX

Are you for real? Do you think Sony will release Uncharted on Xbox anytime soon? Would it make Sony money? Sure. Does that mean they will do it?

Microsoft owns 100% of Bethesda. They therefor own Elder Scrolls, like they own Halo or Gears of War.
It is a Microsoft IP.

They never owned Tomb Raider or Square Enix - that was a timed deal

There is NO WAY a new Elder Scrolls comes to Playstation.

Get over it

Last edited:

kikkis

I enjoy the controller of xbox more and I have currently ps4. If you asked me ten years ago what system to get, elder scrolls exclusivity would have won me over to xbox,but now is just a though choice

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Buy both consoles, or get GP on some device. It saves you a lot in the end. You don't have to buy every Hades, Psychonauts or w/e but use that money to buy PS exclusives instead. You don't have to pay 70-80 for TES, Starfield etc as well.

In the past I would complain about things not coming to PS, but this gen I just bought both systems. The result is I barely purchase games anymore.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
And also in other news. Water is wet. Lets Proceed to the wheater forecast
Water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet.

Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material.

Anyway, I know what you're getting at, hopefully people get past this weird denial phase soon.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Water is not itself wet…
I stopped reading after this. In a thread full of shit, this is by far the biggest pile. That’s like saying fire itself is not hot, it’s just whatever it’s touching retaining the heat. Jesus.

Anyway, I can’t wait for the day it’s announced ES6 is coming to PlayStation. If it doesn’t come, I’ll genuinely go out, by a PlayStation-themed hat, and eat it.

Water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet.

Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material.

Anyway, I know what you're getting at, hopefully people get past this weird denial phase soon.
Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.

Ben Stiller Comedy GIF

Top Bottom