• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REPORT: The Elder Scrolls VI Is Planned as an Xbox Exclusive

Do you still think es6 will come to other than pc and Xbox?

• Yes

Votes: 75 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 425 85.0%

• Total voters

dotnotbot

4CSdF4C.jpg

If gaf says no then I'm sure it will come to PS5. Just like most of gaffers predicted that switch will be a failure.

SkylineRKR

I can tell you another game that won't be coming to Playstation: Fallout 5.

You want to play Starfield, Elder Scrolls VI, or Fallout 5 you'll need to buy an Xbox or build a PC.

edit: oh and whatever the next Doom is called.

Those games won't come to Playstation. The Bethesda deal is partially why I caved and bought a Series + GP dollar deal. So far they haven't disappointed. Its the best way to replay Prey, Dishonored, Doom etc on console. And if they do come to Playstation in some capacity, well, I don't have to buy them.

If Sony had bought Zenimax this wouldn't even be up for debate.

Personally I like games being exclusively developed.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Mojang is part of the Microsoft family, and Minecraft came to PS5. I can’t see any reason why ESVI wouldn’t realease on PS5. Bethesda/MS will stay make their hard-earned money.
Spot on, I get the feeling that MS are milliseconds away from announcing Starfield and Hellblade 2 for PS5 also. Why not Halo and Forza too while we're at it.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'm shocked. I never expected a game, currently being made by Xbox first party developers, in the very early stages of development would be console exclusive to Xbox.

I'm floored. If someone tells me Pope Francis is Catholic, my week is ruined.

Congratulations Jeff on getting the tough scoop there.

Jagz

Exactly. In this day and age, exclusivity stands for nothing. Xbox and PC might have it before PlayStation, but sooner or later it WILL come to PlayStation too.
They bought Minecraft before Game Pass existed in the same capacity it does today. Nowadays their motto is that their games will be exclusive to platforms and devices where Game Pass exists.

I think the general explanation is: they bought Minecraft to make as much multiplat money from it as possible, but they are now buying franchises and developers to bolster the value proposition of Game Pass.

The only way these newly acquired Bethesda franchises are coming to PlayStation, is if Sony officially allows Game Pass on their console. But Sony would make little money from that, plus it would affect Xbox console sales, too, so I don't see it happening between those two companies.

dotnotbot

In a couple seconds, Wipeout comes to mind. Probably not the only one.
Okay, but that's kinda prehistoric. Just like Minecraft Dungeons released on PS4 in 2020 but now everyone says that it's been long time ago and doesn't matter.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I don't know if you can compare Minecraft. It had been available on every possible electronic device way before MS bought them. Its digital lego and educational even. I wouldn't lock that away either. Ergo, Xbox and Playstation probably live without it. The bulk of Minecraft players should be on PC and other devices.

But an Elder Scrolls? Well, Its been a PC exclusive for long, then it was ported to Xbox, Oblivion saw a late PS3 port and Skyrim a shitty day one release on PS3. Since then we've only seen Skyrim being milked dry.

Personally speaking I care more for Arkane and Doom. And Starfield.

Just get both consoles, problem solved. If you can't afford both, go Xbox + Game Pass first, that saves you enough money to get a 300 bucks PS5 slim and some 10 bucks exclusives in a few years.

This. With the one dollar deal the sub sets you back for 45 ish (you would buy for online play anyway) + 1 buck a month. And trust me, I've been there. I was also dismissing stuff not coming to PS4 etc in the past. Getting an Xbox next to your PS5 helps. Especially since it saves you a lot of cash if you play a decent amount. Its all those combined small purchases like SoR4, Dead Cells, Hades, Art of Rally, Tetris Effect etc that I used to do on playstation each time, I don't have to do anymore. On top of MS Game Studio exclusives and EA shit.

Sure you can continue with just Playstation and buy most of your games traditionally. But don't complain about some games not coming to this console, or keep grasping at straws while knowing better. It happens both ways.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
And what about Minecraft Dungeons?

Yep, it's on everything. I'm actually one of the people who thinks there's a chance you'll see TES6 on PS5 because the existing install base for the franchise is - potentially - too big to ignore. Not everyone is going to buy an Xbox to play TES6. I'm sure the suits at Microsoft already know better than us whether it's worth shipping it on PS5 even if it's after the launch on Xbox/PC.

K2D

Banned
One out of two things will happen: either;

I with-go the next title in one of my favorite game series, or;

Xbox manages to cough up three exclusive that I can't ignore, making me buy an x box.

Most likely I'll be playing them on PC, but it sucks that I won't be playing in psvr2.. unless Sony include pc support..!

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
I see that many GAFers are still in denial phase. It's crazy that after what Phil Spencer and co. said numerous times they still believe that TES VI will come to PS5.

Only way for TES VI on PS5 is if Sony will allow Game Pass on PlayStation. Period

dotnotbot

Ugh, I feel like on GameSpot System Wars. Thanks for making this site a worse place for everyone with your fanboy drivel.
Yep, my comment is at fault, not the fact that we get new thread about the same game being exclusive to Xbox every week.

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
MS struggles releasing new games right now so every week we need a new thread as a reminder that they will release a great game 6 years from now. Everyone please get hyped!
Yup. That's why they released Psychonauts 2 two weeks ago. And that's why they will release Age of Empires IV, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite in next three months :D

And if you want to count XGS games then you can count Deathloop in September also.

That narrative "Xbox has no games" is old and more importantly not true anymore.

Last edited:
This. With the one dollar deal the sub sets you back for 45 ish (you would buy for online play anyway) + 1 buck a month.
Don't know if it still works, but you could buy Gold for around 120 bucks and transform it into 36 months Game Pass Ultimate. That's like 1,5 Sony games.

dotnotbot

Ugh, I feel like on GameSpot System Wars. Thanks for making this site a worse place for everyone with your fanboy drivel.
Yep, my comment is at fault, not the fact that we get new thread about TES6 not releasing on Playstation every week or so

wOs

Mojang is part of the Microsoft family, and Minecraft came to PS5. I can’t see any reason why ESVI wouldn’t realease on PS5. Bethesda/MS will stay make their hard-earned money.
Keep telling yourself that. I'm not even sure why anybody at this point doesnt just say there is a much better chance of it never showing up outside pc and Xbox's.

MS struggles releasing new games right now so every week we need a new thread as a reminder that they will release a great game 6 years from now. Everyone please get hyped!
hmm ok. lets kid on that MS aren't releasing Halo Infinite + Forza Horizon 5 this year and Starfield isn't coming next year. What games are Sony releasing this year and when is God of War/Gran Turismo coming out?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
You guys are still bringing up minecraft even though that’s a totally different situation. Minecraft is a merchandising behemoth and it was already on all platforms unlike a game that’s not released yet. Minecraft is the long play. If there is ever a Minecraft 2 in the far far future it will be a Microsoft platform / service /app exclusive.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

MS had a bad year in terms of exclusivity so far. The launch was even without a significant exclusive. But since then they've released some good games. And with FH5 looking very good, and Halo Infinite perhaps not being trash they actually have a stronger fall lineup than Sony which has delayed Horizon 2.

Don't know if it still works, but you could buy Gold for around 120 bucks and transform it into 36 months Game Pass Ultimate. That's like 1,5 Sony games.

Yeah this works but I settled with one year just to try. I think I can do it again if I let it expire. I've read numerous reports about it being possible. I'd probably take more years then. GP is giving me decent playtime so far. Throughout the summer more than my PS5 in fact.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I don't know, maybe it will, maybe it won't. But one thing is for sure: if any of these titles as massive as Elder Scrolls goes console exclusive, it means Microsoft still thinks it can recapture its lost market share in the console space, and isn't genuinely 100% behind their seemingly broader strategy of turning Xbox into a brand and ambiguous across platforms.

dotnotbot

Xbox Game Studios H2 2021 games: Psychonauts 2, Flight Sim, Deathloop, Age of Empires 4, Forza Horizon and Halo Infinite.
Really struggling.

Forza and Halo still isn't out, while Psychonauts is playable on Playstation and Deathloop is timed exclusive to Playstation. That was my point why we need those threads - fanboys have to remind us great things will finally come and won't be available on Playstation, just wait!

Last edited:
Mojang was bought for $1Billion for a single game. Not only that, but they released Minecraft on every system prior to the purchase And Microsoft is typically good honoring deals

Top Bottom