• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REPORT: The Elder Scrolls VI Is Planned as an Xbox Exclusive

Do you still think es6 will come to other than pc and Xbox?

• Yes

Votes: 75 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 425 85.0%

• Total voters

dotnotbot

hmm ok. lets kid on that MS aren't releasing Halo Infinite + Forza Horizon 5 this year and Starfield isn't coming next year. What games are Sony releasing this year and when is God of War/Gran Turismo coming out?
The point is how much they already released compared to Xbox. An why are you asking about those instead of let's say Horizon 2?

Next week on obvious buisness moves: The new Housemarque game will be exclusive for PS5
dumb and dumber GIF

dotnotbot

Yep, it's on everything. I'm actually one of the people who thinks there's a chance you'll see TES6 on PS5 because the existing install base for the franchise is - potentially - too big to ignore. Not everyone is going to buy an Xbox to play TES6. I'm sure the suits at Microsoft already know better than us whether it's worth shipping it on PS5 even if it's after the launch on Xbox/PC.

TES 6 has potential to sell up to 50 millions on one platform alone. This franchise is like next big thing compared to GTA. If we're talking about smaller franchises then I'm sure at least some entries won't come to PS but being so sure about TES 6 is crazy. Anyway, game is still far from release, many things can happen and change, those threads are pointless.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Yes but MS paid billions for Zenimax for a reason. They also want to sell systems and subscriptions in return. They want to recoup those costs. If this game ends up on Playstation day one, what difference would it make for MS except for a slice on sold copies they also might've sold on Xbox/PC instead.

Best case scenario is that TES6 eventually releases on Playstation when its not that significant anymore. The question is, if you want to play this game so badly, do you want to wait that long. Starfield is a new IP, that one can perfectly be introduced as an Xbox exclusive and stay it forever.

TES 6 has potential to sell up to 50 millions on one platform alone. This franchise is like next big thing compared to GTA. If we're talking about smaller franchises then I'm sure at least some entries won't come to PS but being so sure about TES 6 is crazy. Anyway, game is still far from release, many things can happen and change, those threads are pointless.
Oh sweet nieve child, you'll learn one day.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Yeah, as I say I'm sure the people behind the scenes at MS are already busy calculating whether or not they think it's worth dropping it on other platforms, if ever. I actually did a poll thread a while back to gauge GAF's reaction and I'm still in the "I think TES6 / Fallout 5 could come to PS5 eventually" camp whether smaller titles remains exclusive.

Doesn't bother me one bit either way, I'd be playing on PC regardless.

Of course it won't, outside of games Bethesda has already delivered to PlayStation or contracted to deliver, they will only release on the Xbox platform.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Was Minecraft Dungeons?

Nope, someone already asked, that came to everything. The acquisition also only cost 1/3 of the Bethesda grab so it's still incomparable to me, although see above, I do think there's a chance we see TES6 specifically on PS5 eventually. Maybe.

Star-Lord

hmm ok. lets kid on that MS aren't releasing Halo Infinite + Forza Horizon 5 this year and Starfield isn't coming next year. What games are Sony releasing this year and when is God of War/Gran Turismo coming out?
I can’t tell if you’re just naive, or simply trying to troll. PlayStation has plenty of exclusives for the remainder of the year. Deathloop, Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut, Stray, Goodbye Volcano High, F.I.S.T, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Death Stranding Director's Cut, and Horizon Forbidden West are all coming out. PS5 is not short of exclusives.

If, for whatever reason, Elder Scrolls Vi doesn’t come to PlayStation, we’ll have plenty to fall back on. By the time it’s released, we’ll have Ragnarok and GT amongst others.

Pallas

I think it’s safe to assume it’s a Xbox series/PC exclusive until officially told otherwise. Everyone bringing up Minecraft, that was particularly a special case I believe with Mojang Studios.

anthony2690

Banned
I stopped reading after this. In a thread full of shit, this is by far the biggest pile. That’s like saying fire itself is not hot, it’s just whatever it’s touching retaining the heat. Jesus.

Anyway, I can’t wait for the day it’s announced ES6 is coming to PlayStation. If it doesn’t come, I’ll genuinely go out, by a PlayStation-themed hat, and eat it.
Fire is hot though...

Fire is hot because thermal energy (heat) is released when chemical bonds are broken and formed during a combustion reaction. ... Energy is required to start the reaction, breaking bonds in the fuel and between oxygen atoms, but much more energy is released when atoms bonds together into carbon dioxide and water.

Sakura

Why would MS spend billions on Bethesda (Zenimax) just to make a fraction of it back by putting the game on PS consoles?

Nope, someone already asked, that came to everything. The acquisition also only cost 1/3 of the Bethesda grab so it's still incomparable to me, although see above, I do think there's a chance we see TES6 specifically on PS5 eventually. Maybe.
Oh, I don't think it's coming to PlayStation either. I was just pointing out that MS isn't tied to all their games being completely exclusive.

Remember Phil Spencer came out and said Ori and the Will of the Wisps would stay an Xbox/PC exclusive and a couple months later it was out on Switch.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I can’t tell if you’re just naive, or simply trying to troll. PlayStation has plenty of exclusives for the remainder of the year. Deathloop, Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut, Stray, Goodbye Volcano High, F.I.S.T, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Death Stranding Director's Cut, and Horizon Forbidden West are all coming out. PS5 is not short of exclusives.

If, for whatever reason, Elder Scrolls Vi doesn’t come to PlayStation, we’ll have plenty to fall back on. By the time it’s released, we’ll have Ragnarok and GT amongst others.
Deathloop isn’t an exclusive, it’s coming out on PC and Xbox.

Ghost of Tsushima is available on PS4.

I don’t know enough about Stray or FIST to comment.

Goodbye Volcano High :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kena isn’t exclusive, it’s coming out on PC and for all we know Xbox later.

Death Stranding is available on PS4.

Horizon Forbidden West isn’t coming out this year.

Brofist

Xbox crowd trying to get a rise out of the PS guys..... at least rub it in their faces.... maybe get a few bans if anyone loses their cool.

You know, the usual way Xbox crowd get enjoyment..... certainly not from playing games anyway.
You sound saltier than the Pacific Ocean these days, what's up not enough new PS games coming out to keep you occupied?

Metnut

This is why I come to NEOGaf. Hard to compete with a rumor that a Microsoft studios game that’s going to be released at some point after 2026 is going to be exclusive to Microsoft platforms.

Crazy stuff! Who could believe it?!?

Stuart360

Was Minecraft Dungeons?
If you research the sale of Micecraft, apparently the dev put stipulations into the sale to Microsoft about Mincecraft, and all future Minecraft related games, have to continue to release on all platforms.
Whuch he has a right to do, and as he said himself, he developed Minecraft for everyone.

Concern

This is why I come to NEOGaf. Hard to compete with a rumor that a Microsoft studios game that’s going to be released at some point after 2026 is going to be exclusive to Microsoft platforms.

Crazy stuff! Who could believe it?!?

Not a rumor since the acquisition. Just unfortunate news that seems to have to be reiterated every so often for plastic warriors like you who are still in disbelief 😉

Stuart360

Not a rumor since the acquisition. Just unfortunate news that seems to have to be reiterated every so often for plastic warriors like you who are still in disbelief 😉
I mean there are still some on here who believe Starfield will come to PS5, even after they have been told its not happening by Microsoft themselves, multiple times.

If you want to play all of the new Bethesda games going forward after Deathloop get a Xbox or PC .... simple.

MS isn't going to spend over a billion dollars to not have big exclusive games from Bethesda

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Well Duh!

Does anyone expect Horizon Forbidden West or God of War 2 to come to Xbox? No! So why would anyone think Xbox would put ES6 on PS5?

alienator

I dont care for TES, im more of a fallout guy. which will also undeniably become exclusive to xbox and pc.

This is why i bought a ps5 next to my 3070 RTX

Concern

I mean there are still some on here who believe Starfield will come to PS5, even after they have been told its not happening by Microsoft themselves, multiple times.

Yea I know but why should we have to suffer their ignorance? Not our fault they can't read. I mean what is it? Are "Bethesda games bad anyway"? Or is it still coming to Playstation?

I said a few days ago we're going to need a "Bethesda games are still coming to Playstation" ot for all the poor souls to confine their wishes to one thread lol

Top Bottom