• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republique Anniversary Edition PS4 and PSVR will be seperated into 2 versions (PS4 version will NOT have VR)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Republique Anniversary that's launching onto PS4 next week ($14.99) will not contain PS VR support. The PSVR version will be counted as a standalone version of its own (also $14.99). "fortunately" you can buy both PS4 and PSVR as a bundle with a price tag of $19.99.

République: Anniversary Edition will release for $14.99 USD on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, the separate PlayStation VR edition will also retail for $14.99 USD and a bundle of the standard and VR versions of the game can be purchased on the PlayStation Store for $19.99 USD.

https://www.gamespress.com/en-AU/RE...ITION-ARRIVES-ON-SWITCH-PS4-AND-PS-VR-ON-MARC

This is not the case on PC, where the owners of Republique PC (which cost $9.99) gets the VR version with no additional cost.

Well, I've got some great news:
not only is Republique VR now available on Steam, but you can download it for FREE with the purchase of Republique.
If you already own Republique, you now have access to Republique VR at no cost, as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/317100/view/2395299943638688797

The only difference between the original version and the anniversary version is a brand new developer commentary tracks, and that it is now available on Switch and PSVR.

kingfey

Banned
Why are they treating ps4 users like peasants? Make it like the pc version.

How is that fair?

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Other flat games just let you play in VR mode. Is the VR mode really so different that it necessitates its own separate version?

How is that fair?
PS owners are oligarchs, PC players are peasants. PS owners should pay their fair share. They have to subsidize the game for PC gamers. This is the way.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Republique VR is also part of Fanatical's Build Your Ultimate VR Bundle

There are 4 tiers: 2 for $8.99, 4 for $14.99, 6 for $19.99 and 10 for $29.99
Going by just the lowest tier here, you can grab Republique VR and 1 other VR game for just $8.99

Basically:
Republique PCVR + 1 PCVR game = $8.99 on Fanatical
Republique Anniversary PSVR = $14.99

Or you can purchase the normal Republique on Fanatical at $8.49 with a FANATICAL15 coupon code , that will gives you free Republique VR

Basically:
Republique PC + Republique PCVR = $8.49 on Fanatical
Republique Anniversary PS4 + Republique Anniversary PSVR = $19.99

Notabueno

Banned

How is that fair?

Console markets buyers are more stupid and spend more for inferior value. That's the way to treat them in consequence.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
PS owners are oligarchs, PC players are peasants. PS owners should pay their fair share. They have to subsidize the game for PC gamers. This is the way.
Lol, what?
Console markets buyers are more stupid and spend more for inferior value. That's the way to treat them in consequence.

Prices are set by the publisher and have very little in the way of restriction by the platform holder. Camouflaj thinks they won't suffer any consequences from taking advantage of console players. Most gamers don't have the luxury of access to all platforms. I'm sure there's some goods that cost more where you live than elsewhere. Does that lack of access make you stupid?

Notabueno

Banned
Lol, what?

Prices are set by the publisher and have very little in the way of restriction by the platform holder. Camouflaj thinks they won't suffer any consequences from taking advantage of console players. Most gamers don't have the luxury of access to all platforms. I'm sure there's some goods that cost more where you live than elsewhere. Does that lack of access make you stupid?

I think so yes. I apply this thinking to my own country and continent: the stupider, least regulated the conditions are, the more it is a testimony of how stupid, gullible and abusable the median people are. Take brazil for example: taxes is a huge detriment to import, but also the economy and value output. This is just a sign that enough people locally accept or even enable those, and unfortunately in a democracy, the rule of the majority makes it so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom