• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera is just a POS forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCU005

One dude posted that it was weird that the character from Forspoken is black and that there is no black writers.

I replied to him that it doesn't have to be. So I got many replies about being insensitive and racist! What?

Then I replied again saying that Everyone should get a chance of voicing a character and that it doesn't need to be a black person to write a good back character.

Resetera mods: Banned Permanent

IMO, my position is not racist, on the contrary! In fact, personally I'm the least racist person in the world.

Now I understand all the REEEEEEEEEEEEEE comments done here.

Those dudes over Resetera, and I mean the mods are just a POS people trying to look woke and whatnot.

I believe that by banning for any comment, without allowing any discussion it's censorship. One thing is to moderate the discussion that doesn't get out of hand, other entirely is to ban people because it differs from your views.

I don't care I got banned, I don't go there often. Somehow that comment caught my eye and I replied. I forgot you need to be very careful not to offend anyone over there, specially the mods. Annoying!

/rant

j0hnnix

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

sol_bad

It's one of the stupidest things with Hollywood at the moment.
Only a black person can write a black character.
Only a trans person can play a trans character.
Only a blind person should play a blind character.

Get the fuck outta here.

sol_bad

They're actually doing that in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. One of the characters is one of the blind Andorians introduced in Enterprise and the guy playing him is legally blind.

I should mention I'm not against people with disabilities being hired to represent that specific disability. But I think it's beyond stupid that it should be a requirement.

Buggy Loop

It's one of the stupidest things with Hollywood at the moment.
Only a black person can write a black character.
Only a trans person can play a trans character.
Only a blind person should play a blind character.

Get the fuck outta here.

What about retards? Could Dustin Hoffman pull off Rainman in 2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom