• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 1: Remake || First Look & Gameplay | Fan Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

RESIDENT EVIL 1 Fan Remake Details,
Bravo Team has disappeared in the Arklay Mountains, accompany Jill Valentine along with the rest of Alpha Team. Their mission is to find the whereabouts of the missing team. Back to Survival horror where you must take care of every shot you make, take care of your ammunition. The game will be totally free. All rights belong to CAPCOM

The Project is being developed in parallel with the Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake, so neither project slows down the other. It is expected to be launched sometime in 2022. It will be available in many languages from the day of release, you will be able to change the language from within the game itself without game itself without the need to download another version or anything else.

Walk through the corridors of the RPD on one of its normal days before the incidents. You must reach the heliport to start the search for Bravo Team. You will see a rebuilt RPD.

Manage your inventory well, getting more space is something that can be difficult. Find defense knives to quickly run away from a zombie about to bite you. Use your flashlight whenever you want to be able to see in dark areas, you can turn it on and off as you wish. You can dodge the zombies and have a good number of weapons, but still survive the Spencer Mansion will be a challenge, ammunition will be scarce and healing items as well.

The Lord Of The Rings GIF

daywarf

Do they have a copyright? I'm happy to see this kind of thing, but also worried about the developers

Arachnid

Inb4 cease and desist

Seriously, go completely silent until your game is finished and out. Always sad to see these scenarios play out.

Handel

Not playing any game with tank controls in 2022.
The HD version of REmake has non-tank controls as an option :

Sound & New Controls
  • High-Quality Sound - The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.
  • New Controls
  • You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.
  • You can switch the control scheme during gameplay in real time.

Last edited:

Sound & New Controls
  • High-Quality Sound - The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.
  • New Controls
  • You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.

I bought the game and tried those new modern controls and guess what, they're not all that much better than the tank controls.

Give me a proper over the shoulder remake and I'm game.

Handel

I bought the game and tried those new modern controls and guess what, they're not all that much better than the tank controls.

Give me a proper over the shoulder remake and I'm game.
That's unlikely to ever happen so *shrug*. It's part of the holy trilogy of RE games with RE4 and RE2R, and I personally can't imagine being that averse to tank controls to pass up a horror classic, but you might just be a young'un who didn't grow up with them.

That's unlikely to ever happen so *shrug*. It's part of the holy trilogy of RE games with RE4 and RE2R, and I personally can't imagine being that averse to tank controls to pass up a horror classic, but you might just be a young'un who didn't grow up with them.
I'm 36, but thanks for the compliment. My first RE game was RE3, though I think I played a very small amount of RE1 when it first came out. Didn't like the controls then, certainly don't like them now. Same reason why I can't get into RDRD2.

SpiceRacz

This looks so good. Is she out front of the mansion in some of those clips?

Sound & New Controls
  • New Controls

That new control scheme is really awkward when the fixed camera keeps changing view. Nice addition though.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Nah fam, this one doesn't need a remake with modern controls.

Just play the HD remaster and you're good to go.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Why is there so much police station in it? It's been years but the first game takes place entirely in the mansion and on the grounds does it not?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
They mentioned a Code Veronica remake and I am way more interested in that.

These look pretty good as fan remakes go, although they fall into some of the usual problems that games pieced together from asset libraries tend to (inconsistent scaling of objects, poor lighting design, etc).

Mr Hyde

Looks really cool. But is Capcom really gonna let this fly? It's also crazy to think you'd spend this much resources and time to create something only to have it shut down because of copyright infringement.

Kikorin

Jill model is on point and about everything looks incredible for a fan made remake. Only concern is on shooting, one of the coolest things in RE2 Remake was to shoot zombies and how them react to bullets, but here looks really static. It would need some blood effects too.

Arachnid

RE1 in OTS would be fantastic. Hopefully they have Chris as playable too. Not a Jill fan tbh

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
That looks really cool. I hope they finish it.
Such projects never get finished (apart from black mesq, which also took 10 or so years?). It's always just a little part of first level or something and then the project never gets seen again.

Notabueno

Banned
Sorry to party poop, but this looks incredibly bad it terms of design and art direction, and that's why companies DMCAs those and rarely hire those.

It's nothing to produce basically a mod if you there's no subtly, knowledge, vision and experience behind...in fact pretty much the same for any games, but fanmade content always seem to miss all of those and rarely be something that I'd consider worthy of production or endorsement.

Last edited:

Velius

Banned
The thing I don't like is how some of the rooms seem way too big. Look at the stairwell for example, or the room in which Kenneth was killed. There's too much space, the original created some severely claustrophobic scenes.

I mean I'm sure they can tighten that up, just saying

ToxicWeeb

Banned
It's like they made this just to trigger me lol.

Resident Evil 2002 is the greatest survivor horror of all time, it certainly doesn't need a remake. Resident Evil 2 could use a remake like the 2002 game, not the other way around.

Also using ugly Jill instead of Voth Jill to add salt to the wound.

Alkemyst

Game looks absolutely incredible. Can't believe this is a fan remake. Looks like an AAA game. Can't wait to play it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Are any of those assets original or just straight ripped from different RE games? Seems kinda mismatched and all over the place. Superficially very RE2-like but upon closer inspection just a mess like assets (whole police station?) were imported from engines with different lighting, materials, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom