• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake achieve more than 5 million units in sales.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Resident Evil series has garnered high praise from both fans and the media internationally, with Resident Evil 2, a remake released in January of this year, achieving more than 5 million units in sales* and being honored with Ultimate Game of the Year in the U.K. Golden Joystick Awards 2019—the highest prize awarded to games released in the current year.

Roni

Gold Member
Solid game and one of the greats this year. Thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. Didn't get too much into the mini-games after I finished the story multiple times, but I got what I wanted out of the game. Happy to see it succeed, hopefully this means Capcom will stay the course in terms of smaller, more diverse projects!

Aggelos

Actually things weren't entirely accurate when they thought/claimed that RE2Remake surpassed the original.
RE2Remake sales stats count all three available versions (PS4, Xbox One, PC) the game has been on.

If you take everything into account for the original RE2 (PS1, Dual Shock Ver., Nintendo64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PC versions) then the total sales of it have been around 6,1 million (or even higher).

Last edited:
The game was solid 8 for me, a big disappointment considering how hyped i was. shooting zombies feels like shooting jello. the shooting is just not satisfying, game is super easy. I hope resident evil 3 is much better, hopefully the dodge button will add some much needed depth for the gameplay.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The game was solid 8 for me, a big disappointment considering how hyped i was. shooting zombies feels like shooting jello. the shooting is just not satisfying, game is super easy. I hope resident evil 3 is much better, hopefully the dodge button will add some much needed depth for the gameplay.

Nothing screams "big disappointment" like an 8/10.

Roufianos

I think it was great, much closer to what I want from RE than 7 was. Wouldn't say it was GOTY quality though. My biggest complaints would be the floaty crosshairs, I think the red dot sight works better, and the fact that the atmosphere and pacing really take a hit once you leave the station.

Last edited:

Moses85

The only thing I really missed were the Spiders. Played it with the original soundtrack, it was pure joy and nostalgia.

ruvikx

Banned
if you are expecting the game to be close to last of us or resident evil 4 caliber it sure was, i was expecting a 9.5 or 10.

RE2 remake was better than The Last of Us from my point of view. It has more precise tighter controls, especially the shooting parts where Leon isn't a drunkard like Joel with his "weapon sway" by default before upgrades which made shooting hilariously unrealistic in TLOU. The AI in RE2 Remake was also better, as are the puzzles (in TLOU, it's ladders & container pushing, that's it).

It's difficult to truly compare games like that (especially when TLOU is years older than RE2 remake), but in the grand scheme of "great games", it would be incorrect to declare TLOU a "9.5 or 10" whilst declaring RE2 remake a disappointment by comparison.

RE2 remake was better than The Last of Us from my point of view. It has more precise tighter controls, especially the shooting parts where Leon isn't a drunkard like Joel with his "weapon sway" by default before upgrades which made shooting hilariously unrealistic in TLOU. The AI in RE2 Remake was also better, as are the puzzles (in TLOU, it's ladders & container pushing, that's it).

It's difficult to truly compare games like that (especially when TLOU is years older than RE2 remake), but in the grand scheme of "great games", it would be incorrect to declare TLOU a "9.5 or 10" whilst declaring RE2 remake a disappointment by comparison.

well i was talking for its time. the main problem for me was the game was easy as shit, and the shooting was just unsatisfying like in resident evil 4, and evil within getting the head shots felt so good.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
well i was talking for its time. the main problem for me was the game was easy as shit, and the shooting was just unsatisfying like in resident evil 4, and evil within getting the head shots felt so good.

I can't speak to higher difficulty levels, but playing RE2, RE4 and TLOU on normal, none are hard, even if RE2 if the easiest of the bunch. The original RE2 is probably the easiest RE game as well.

Diddy X

It outsold the original RE2 so it seems the franchise is in a better shape than ever, whole Capcom also?

Top Bottom