• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake |OT| Party like it's 1998

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I’m working on my Hardcore S+ run too, already making it to G2 in about 1 hour 20ish minutes... what a ride indeed, but I hear Leon’s S+ is way harder.
Yeah Leon has a harder time anyway but fuck... I'll try it next week. I was at the G2 fight at 1:12, I had to go back into the police station to get the machine gun, the grenade launcher is kinda shit after G1.

Geki-D

Banned
the grenade launcher is kinda shit after G1.
Is it just me or is the GL actually really shitty on all boss fights because neither flame nor acid rounds seem to be able to deal direct damage to the bosses weak points (and pretty much every boss in this game works with weak points)?

Grinchy

Banned
Is it just me or is the GL actually really shitty on all boss fights because neither flame nor acid rounds seem to be able to deal direct damage to the bosses weak points (and pretty much every boss in this game works with weak points)?
I don't necessarily love it but I feel like acid rounds can be pretty useful on the Willy 3 fight. It helps me to slow him down with an acid round so I can shoot his eyedicks without him attacking me.

Geki-D

Banned
I don't necessarily love it but I feel like acid rounds can be pretty useful on the Willy 3 fight. It helps me to slow him down with an acid round so I can shoot his eyedicks without him attacking me.
Yeah, they definitely stop him pretty much every shot, but you can sink like 10 rounds bang center into an eye and it'll barely just go red.

kunonabi

Yeah, they definitely stop him pretty much every shot, but you can sink like 10 rounds bang center into an eye and it'll barely just go red.

An on target acid shot kills the eyes in one go. Maybe two for the arm. They're super useful in the g3 fight but pointless for mostly everything else.

Nickolaidas

Banned
My complaints were lack of a music score equal to that of the old trilogy and veronica, as well as enemy diversity - while certainly an improvement over RE VII, it still needs more monsters to make a solid bestiary.

Other than that, I gave the game a solid 9 out of 10 and congratulated them on a job well done.

kyubajin

Finished my Claire Hardcore run at 2:32... Rank A :( I've got to the Ada part on my Leon Hardcore run at about 40ish minutes with no saves TWICE and died to fucking Mr. X... I guess I need a break.

dan76

After 5 nights of trying I finally got the No Way Out using under 60 handgun bullets done. I don't think I will be playing this again for a while. It was very difficult, but I've just had a blast running through the Katherine mission headshotting everything with the enhanced bullets.
A couple of tips. Save the rocket launcher until you're in the 70's and aim up at the ceiling. I'm pretty sure this is a good way to have the explosion effect different isles.
I used the mixed herbs to give me a shield when I knew a tough part was coming up regardless of how much damage I had taken.

scalman

As good as it can be as game those remakes just dont work for me. I know story so whatd the point. We have new games to play.
I did demo then i went little on full games and just left it.

Meted

As good as it can be as game those remakes just dont work for me. I know story so whatd the point. We have new games to play.
I did demo then i went little on full games and just left it.
by that logic games with no story have zero value to you

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I finally finished Claire B on hardcore mode. I love this game, this the type third person survival horror game i was craving for.

Grinchy

Banned
I was just cleaning up the last few trophies. The last run I did was an Assisted run on Claire B for the 14,000 steps trophy, so I had it in my mind for some reason that I had just gotten the S rank trophy for Claire.

After going through Leon B just now and getting an S rank, no trophy popped. Yeah, because I had already done Leon's S rank and I was supposed to do Claire's...so it was a waste of an entire run. Dumbass brain...

kyubajin

t2u8zgB.jpg

Finally, took me so many tries and many resets but well worth it.

Grinchy

Banned
I never tried a S+ hardcore run, but I did just get the platinum. This was a great game, but I'm definitely done grinding playthroughs on it for a while. My first 4 playthroughs, I didn't even look at the trophy list. I just did 2 standard and 2 hardcore runs. Then I looked at the trophies and did a shitload more runs.

Random question and sorry if it's been asked/answered before.

I beat Leon A on standard then did Claire A on hardcore and got the gold trophy. If I do Leon B on hardcore, will I get the trophy or does it have to be done on his A scenario? Thanks to anyone who knows 👍

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
YO FUCK THIS GAME.
this game is legit bad for my health i wanted to unwind and have some beers and game with a m8.
fuck this game
mr x nope . nope nope nope.
I cleared that building felt all safe then came back .. i cant even think straight anymore now.
What complete troll invented this mechanic. i am OUT XD

Last edited:

kyubajin

Random question and sorry if it's been asked/answered before.

I beat Leon A on standard then did Claire A on hardcore and got the gold trophy. If I do Leon B on hardcore, will I get the trophy or does it have to be done on his A scenario? Thanks to anyone who knows 👍
Scenario A or B doesn’t affect getting the trophy so go on :)

Last edited:

Synless

I don’t know what it is about this game but damn if it doesn’t give me severe anxiety. The only game I can think of that did this to me was the originals RE2. I’ve beaten all others no problem, I don’t even want to walk into a room with this game.

GenericUser

B Scenario feels like such an afterthought that I wonder why they didn't leave it out. Also lol at all the people that claim "X is in the game much more in the B scenario", never listen to the internet, never.

Last edited:

Moses85

Beat the game for the 8th time now but still haven’t get the Lore Explorer Trophy. Is it necessary to find all files in every scenario?

Won’t the safe files count them for several tries?

B Scenario feels like such an afterthought that I wonder why they didn't leave it out. Also lol at all the people that claim "X is in the game much more in the B scenario", never listen to the internet, never.
To be fair he does seem like he's there more the first time you play B, depending on how you do things at the beginning, of course then you realize he only triggers at the STARZ office, and the main hall camera footage was a red herring, and is actually only a additional obstacle for the final medallion if you do things correctly.

I honestly think the game would have been stronger if they just put the full ending/boss in scenario A, and replaced 2nd Run with arrange mode. As is 2nd Run is basically a mediocre arrange mode, with just a few little arrangements scattered throughout with only a big change at the beginning.

Last edited:

Dark Oni

they should've just made 1 scenario for each character with more interactions and a complete story instead of this A/B thing
didn't they originally say it was going to be made that way but the fans reaction to it was negative so they ended up having A/B scenarios?

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Can anyone make a thread for this if possible? I still don't have the privileges to, but I think it fully deserves it :D

It's an awesome documentary/interview with the Directors of Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5.

SpudHeadBlue

Neo Member
I'm just about done with the game for now. I got the platinum trophy, completed the game multiple times with each different run (Claire-Leon/Leon-Claire). Early contender for GOTY for me.

The few things i didn't like (2nd run being a poor B replacement) were not enough to ruin the game for me.

Lived up to my expectations fully.

I dread the state FF7r is going to be in, i don't think Square has it in them to put something as good as this out. I don't even mind it being in multiple parts so long as it's good.

GenericUser

I dread the state FF7r is going to be in, i don't think Square has it in them to put something as good as this out. I don't even mind it being in multiple parts so long as it's good.
I predict it's going to be a mess. I have no hope for every game directly developed at square in japan.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I got S+ with Leon on Hardcore.

2 hours 4 minutes it took me.

I saved too early and it messed me up a bit but I still managed in the end after like... 5 retries on the lab.

Top Bottom