• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread

Kuranghi

That's also good practice for future professional works, anyway. proficiancy with tools and general workflow has to be learned and practiced anyway.

I agree of course but its funny you just replied to a comment from 8 years ago. He'll be a professional by now!

Kuranghi

I misspoke, we've all seen the quality of this HD project, Cris and Albert are professionals now, they produced work beyond what most professionals do:

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama
Clapping GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards
Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky
Ryan Gosling Clap GIF
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN
World Cup Love GIF by Molang
Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN
Happy Clap GIF
The Rock Clapping GIF
Cheers Applause GIF
Happy Snow White GIF by Disney

"Change the tone of RE4 in the upcoming remake," they said...

With a change in tone you wouldn't get Pulitzer prize-worthy lines of dialog like this :messenger_tears_of_joy:

YczWJtC.jpg

I'm trying to decide between this and "No thanks, bro" as the absolute best line in the game. Leon at his one-liner height of power :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Soodanim

Gold Member

With a change in tone you wouldn't get Pulitzer prize-worthy lines of dialog like this :messenger_tears_of_joy:

YczWJtC.jpg

I'm trying to decide between this and "No thanks, bro" as the absolute best line in the game. Leon at his one-liner height of power :messenger_tears_of_joy:
If the rumours are correct and they’re drastically changing things, I think the humour will be gone too. This just makes the HD Project even more valuable.

Unrelated to that, I’ve come up with a simple control change that makes life easier:
Use Steam Input to add an additional action to the unused button (default LB on Xinput layout). The action is turbo X. You’ll be able to pick up items, mash through text/prompts, and perform all but one QTE button mashes (Krauser) with no effort at all.

You can also get an additional benefit if you swapped your shoulder buttons like I did, because LT is the turbo button but it also retains QTE function so you can just hold that and press either A or RT as needed.

Now I’m going to go back to wishing for a seamlessly added ability to play as Mercenaries in the main story. Mainly for Krauser and his bow, but I’d happily play as Hunk and Wesker for those melee attacks.

SantaC

Playing through it right now. Even if the HD mod is amazing the game still looks like an early PS3 game.

Also the tank controls has not aged well.

Still the game is fun, moreso than Village

Last edited:

Kuranghi

YczWJtC.jpg

I'm going to go with "Where's everyone going? Bingo?", JFC Leon 20 people just tried to kill you, including two men with sacks on their heads who were brandishing chainsaws! He's not a very serious man lmao.

Last edited:
I'm going to go with "Where's everyone going? Bingo?", jfc Leon like 20 people just tried to kill you including two men with scaks on their heads brandishing chainsaw! Ge's not a very serious man lmao.
I think you made me realize something: There are too many awesome lines in this game to be able to choose a single one as the best.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I think you made me realize something: There are too many awesome lines in this game to be able to choose a single one as the best.

True.

"Rain or shine, you're going down"
"Your right hand comes off ?"
"No thanks, Bro"
"Monsters .. guess after this there'll be one less to worry about"
"Women ..."

RE4 Leon is the best RE protagonist.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'm going to go with "Where's everyone going? Bingo?", JFC Leon 20 people just tried to kill you, including two men with sacks on their heads who were brandishing chainsaws! He's not a very serious man lmao.
A whole city of zombies and much worse things tried to kill him when he was a rookie, government agent Leon is not phased by a couple of cultists. If I survived a Tyrant before I hit my skill peak I’d laugh at a religious cult, too!

Among the best dialogue is Leon and Saddler, where even Saddler laughs at Leon’s jokes.

“Ah, I have an idea. Since you’re here, why don’t I introduce you to “it”? It should keep you busy.”
“Can’t remember the name, huh? A senior moment perhaps.”

Top Bottom