• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread

tillbot8

Banned
RE3 remake sold sold like 3 million copies didn't it, surely Capcom are working on RE4 would love them to do a Collab with these guys!

Hi! Chapter 5-3 is ready ;)

CHAPTER-5-3.jpg

Greirat

This project looks amazing. Good job to everyone who worked on it.

Is it true that the PC version of RE4 has different gameplay to the Gamecube version? I heard the enemies behave differently, like they aggro at different times and such.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Amazing! I'm more excited for this project than for the official remake.
Same here. I've been waiting on this to be finished for years, and my wife and I are both waiting until the project's finished before we both start new games on RE4. This is kind of a big deal for us, this project. It may sound weird, but two of the biggest things my wife and I bonded over, and part of the reason we've been married for over ten years now, is our love of RE4 and weightlifting. We've been lifting and blasting through RE4 together now for over a decade together, and playing through our favorite game together again with this patch is going to be kind of a euphoric experience for us. Every time a new update video gets released we sit and watch it together with the excitement of children lol. Getting so close now, I think the project might actually be finished in 2020, and that's amazing to think about.

Thanks, people!

This project looks amazing. Good job to everyone who worked on it.

Is it true that the PC version of RE4 has different gameplay to the Gamecube version? I heard the enemies behave differently, like they aggro at different times and such.

I think all ports since PS2 have some slight differences. IMO Nothing that spoils the game experience and probably most people won't notice them

Same here. I've been waiting on this to be finished for years, and my wife and I are both waiting until the project's finished before we both start new games on RE4. This is kind of a big deal for us, this project. It may sound weird, but two of the biggest things my wife and I bonded over, and part of the reason we've been married for over ten years now, is our love of RE4 and weightlifting. We've been lifting and blasting through RE4 together now for over a decade together, and playing through our favorite game together again with this patch is going to be kind of a euphoric experience for us. Every time a new update video gets released we sit and watch it together with the excitement of children lol. Getting so close now, I think the project might actually be finished in 2020, and that's amazing to think about.

This story made my day :)

Last edited:

poodaddy

Gold Member
Imagine offering this project as a bonus, pre-order bonus or digital deluxe edition for the rumored RE4 remake.
As of right now, assuming they dump too much of what makes RE4 special when they remake it, packing this into the deal is the only way to ensure I'd buy it lol. I just have no faith in a remake of a game that's already ostensibly perfect, but yeah if this was packed in, they got my money for sure.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hate RE4 for what it meant to old school survival horror (wiped it from the face of earth) but this mod is SO good I'm on my third playthrough.

GametimeUK

I'm so hyped to play this. I've been waiting for years to play it. Is it finished now or are there final touches still being made?

Excess

I actually have the RE2 and RE3 HD remasters, and I just came off from playing the RE2 and RE3 Remakes. I did not know they were working on this, and seeing as how I was planning to play the for this first time on PC, this is awesome!

I played the original RE2 as a kid, but heard RE4 is where the franchise changed, even though it's considered one of the best?

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I actually have the RE2 and RE3 HD remasters, and I just came off from playing the RE2 and RE3 Remakes. I did not know they were working on this, and seeing as how I was planning to play the for this first time on PC, this is awesome!

I played the original RE2 as a kid, but heard RE4 is where the franchise changed, even though it's considered one of the best?
It's one if not the greatest game ever made.

It's just quite different compared to everything that came before and this is why some folks don't like it.

LarknThe4th

Best game of a VERY stacked generation filled with GOATs and is still THE lesson in gameply/pacing

Its Mikami at full whack, untethered just going ham, due to this it loses its focus as a Resident evil title but excels beyond into a new paradigm(it legitimately is I'm not over hyping it)

It's a masterpiece

Best game of a VERY stacked generation filled with GOATs and is still THE lesson in gameply/pacing

Its Mikami at full whack, untethered just going ham, due to this it loses its focus as a Resident evil title but excels beyond into a new paradigm(it legitimately is I'm not over hyping it)

It's a masterpiece

Tell them about the epic Tetris battle that is Inventory Management. I don't know exactly why, but rearranging my items became a therapeutic thing for me, with this game.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Can someone help me understand how to download this game? I don't understand torrents and I have tried and failed to download the files by following the instructions on the download page (on their website).

Would someone please walk me through it like you're talking to a 10 year old? You can DM me if you want.

New update!
The entire Assignment Ada minigame and some behind the scenes stuff

ASSIGNMENT.jpg

Can someone help me understand how to download this game? I don't understand torrents and I have tried and failed to download the files by following the instructions on the download page (on their website).

Would someone please walk me through it like you're talking to a 10 year old? You can DM me if you want.
The torrent file needs to be opened using a BitTorrent client (like utorrent), but it doesn't include the entire game, only the new textures, models, lights, etc. You need to have an original copy of the game installed in your machine, first
And remember the current built of the project is from 2018. All improvements I've done since then are not included yet.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
New update!
The entire Assignment Ada minigame and some behind the scenes stuff

ASSIGNMENT.jpg

The torrent file needs to be opened using a BitTorrent client (like utorrent), but it doesn't include the entire game, only the new textures, models, lights, etc. You need to have an original copy of the game installed in your machine, first
And remember the current built of the project is from 2018. All improvements I've done since then are not included yet.

1) I have a steam copy of the game. Is that good enough?
2) When will the newest updates be ready? Is it at least be said to be close?

I plan on giving a donation for the work done. Totally worth it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The dedication and thoroughness of this project is completely insane.

I usually hate HD texture mods. They always look gaudy and completely incongruent with the look the game like. Like people taking high res photos and slapping them on low-poly models.

This one, though, man... you guys rocked it. Firmly in the "how I remember it looking" territory. Just great work.

Top Bottom