• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4: New 7 Minutes of Gameplay Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Capcom has given us a look at some new gameplay footage of the upcoming Resident Evil 4 remake.

We’ve put together some of the best bits from the footage and edited it into a highlights package, complete with commentary to point out some of the remake’s new features. The footage shows some combat with enemies in the game’s fourth chapter, including a better look at the knife parrying system and the way parasites come out of enemies’ heads as you damage them.

It then shows some footage of an encounter with the Merchant, and some of the things that can be done when dealing with him, such as upgrading weaponry and selling items.

The ability to customise your attaché case containing your inventory is also shown, such as the option to apply little charms that hang off it and give new perks.

The footage then moves on to some of the sections involing Ashley, and shows how players can tell her to stay close or keep her distance depending on how dangerous the current situation is.

It then leads to combat inside Ramon Salazar’s castle, including more knife parry action, followed by a fight with a powerful Garrador enemy.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Parks And Recreation Gimme GIF

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
"No way, they have catapults!!??" Reminds me of the cheesy line in the new Star Wars movies....."They fly now???"

Can't wait, this looks awesome!!

Zimmy68

I see one thing I don't like.
Wasn't a melee attack after a knock down an instant kill in the original game?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Can't wait to see how it will look with HDR on oled.
Hopefully it got the same QUALITY film grain option as in re2 remake. It really 100% eliminated gradient banding/posterization which is often a problem with dark games.
Sadly, it was missing in re3 and terrible in village

FeastYoEyes

I just watched maximillians footage. Holy fuck this looks so good. First footage that is great quality and not 20 fps. Slow the fuck down gaming in 2023
His footage is more spoilery but a better representation of what to expect. Very excited.

SSfox

Capcom really can't help to spoil their unreleased games holy fuck!!!

Anyway no thanks, and now i have to block in Twitter anybody that post RE4 stuffs

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You know, was thinking about getting this on PS5, but the modding support makes me now want to get it on PC.
I am also deciding but even if I played with mods for re2 remake on pc, I never keep them enabled for when I really replayed the game. Maybe I am not a mod guy.
Also, the village was a bit compromised on pc on release due to denuvo and broken TAA. But it was good enough. I kinda missed 3d audio and dualsense from village demos on ps5.
So this time around I am considering re4 on ps5 again

Skifi28

Combat looks excellent. I can easily see myself dying a million times trying (and failing) to become a parry master.

Top Bottom