• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi Says Remake Now In “Final Spurt” Of Development

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Japanese website Famitsu recently published its annual end-of-year interviews featuring a number of game developers sharing their plans regarding for the next year. The spotlight includes Capcom veteran Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, who has previously served as a producer in multiple remake projects including Resident Evil, and Resident Evil 2.

Now at the helm of the Resident Evil 4 Remake, Hirabayashi shared that the development process of the remake is near completion. This means that the game's March 24th release date is looking likely and that no delays are expected by the studio. The producer also shared that they will share more content from the anticipated title as they get closer to the launch.

Speaking to Famitsu, Hirabayashi said Capcom is "working hard to provide you with more information about Resident Evil RE:4 in preparation for its release on March 24th." The producer then went on to state that the Resident Evil 4 Remake is "in the final spurt" of the development process, and urged fans to "wait just a little longer."

Kuranghi

[/URL]

Japanese website Famitsu recently published its annual end-of-year interviews featuring a number of game developers sharing their plans regarding for the next year. The spotlight includes Capcom veteran Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, who has previously served as a producer in multiple remake projects including Resident Evil, and Resident Evil 2.

Now at the helm of the Resident Evil 4 Remake, Hirabayashi shared that the development process of the remake is near completion. This means that the game's March 24th release date is looking likely and that no delays are expected by the studio. The producer also shared that they will share more content from the anticipated title as they get closer to the launch.

Speaking to Famitsu, Hirabayashi said Capcom is "working hard to provide you with more information about Resident Evil RE:4 in preparation for its release on March 24th." The producer then went on to state that the Resident Evil 4 Remake is "in the final spurt" of the development process, and urged fans to "wait just a little longer."

Spurt it all over my chest please gentlemen.

ssringo

give it to me GIF

GametimeUK

Last spurt of development?

As in crunching the living soul out of these poor overworked and underpaid developers working 70 hour work weeks whilst missing the birth of their children and are forced to sleep in the broom storage closet? THIS INDUSTRY MAKES ME SICK!

can't wait to play the game though it looks good.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member

soon GIF

Rippa

Good!

Hopefully we don’t get the dreaded elevated black levels in HDR that currently plagues RE 2 & 3 Remakes. Also plaguing Callisto Protocol. Hopefully it doesn’t rear it’s ugliness in the Dead Space Remake either.

Get your shit straight CAPCOM!

I kind of hope this is the last RE remake from Capcom, besides perhaps remaking CV like they were supposed to. Although quite honestly, I have little faith in Capcom not to muck up any more entries.

This is my most hyped game this year. One of my all-time favourite games. Even bought it multiple times on various consoles. Never get tired of playing through and just can't wait to play it with the remake treatment.

Last edited:
Everything, dude. They altered the camera, watered down the story, and removed tons of enemy types, rooms, or buildings, and just made characters all obnoxious sounding.

Well, the RE4 remake is bound to have missing content too, giving their history of omitting shit. But I think just because it is indeed RE4, their golden game, Capcom will have to choose wisely as to what gets put on that chopping block.

Kokoloko85

I kind of hope this is the last RE remake from Capcom, besides perhaps remaking CV like they were supposed to. Although quite honestly, I have little faith in Capcom not to muck up any more entries.

The remakes arent perfect and I have alot of issues but they could of been alot worse. I hope they Remake CV and maybe wait awhile to Remake 1 and Zero, new engine. Next Gen

Yeah. I don't see the point in a demo when it's due out soon anyway. It's like when they had that RE showcase in October, showing off their DLC which was not far from the release date.

It just felt like they were trying too hard to have RE shoved down our throats. LOL.

I think they're making it look like a horror game, but when you play it you'll find you can parry the chainsaw each time you see him. So it's gonna look dumb.

I don't get how that flimsy knife can even withstand a chainsaw the way it does.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My most hyped game of the year. I just finished replaying VII and Village to start the year in Resident Evil mood.
I’m actually replying RERemake, RE2Remake and RE3Remake.

I can’t believe how original RERemake aged this well, both gameplay and visuals. Another thing RE3Remake might be weakest among them but still fun game, in my opinion it doesn’t deserves the amount of shit it gets.

Well, RE2 has notable amounts of cut content and mundane gameplay, yet hardly anyone says RE2 is a bad game. So RE3 is likely a victim of selective hate among fans. However, I do think if you like the RE2 remake, 3 should be up your street, just like how RE5 is almost a repeat of RE4, with it basically having the same type of villager foes that you meet and other mutations that are repeated.

Since they play the same, I think it is biased to not like a game such as RE5 that has the same assets. Now granted, Sheva is an annoying sidekick in the single player environment. But generally, 4 and 5 are very similar gameplay wise, as is 2 and 3.

Top Bottom