• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake – third trailer, demo, and DLC ‘The Mercenaries’

Draugoth

Gold Member

Capcom has released the third official trailer and new screenshots for the Resident Evil 4 remake, as well as announced a special demo and free downloadable content “The Mercenaries” mode.

Get the details below.

New Trailer
The latest look at the highly anticipated title gave a glimpse of Leon S. Kennedy exploring multiple new environments, a cutting exchange with Jack Krauser, and more! Alongside these gameplay reveals, the trailer also announced an upcoming demo for Resident Evil 4 and confirmed “The Mercenaries” mode will return as free downloadable content after launch.
During their harrowing escape from a small European village in thrall to Las Plagas, Leon and his ward Ashley Graham must navigate multiple environments controlled by the cult of Los Iluminados. Across a sprawling castle, dilapidated mines, and more, they encounter even more infected villagers, deranged cultists, and insidious enemies empowered by the Las Plagas parasite. Leon and Ashley must navigate these foes while also deciphering the arcane designs of the hidden mechanisms, esoteric puzzles, and tantalizing secrets. The duo’s path to safety also intersects with the calculating special forces operative Major Jack Krauser.
Special Demo
The trailer also announced some exciting experiences for fans eagerly anticipating the full release of Resident Evil 4, and those who want even more to do after completing the main campaign. To help hold fans over until March 24, the Resident Evil 4 demo has been announced.

Last edited:

ShadowLag

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Originals

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I think I might cancel my preorder on this and go with Dead Space instead. I was going to play this day 1 and wait until Halloween season to buy Dead Space at a discount....

But idk, the more I see of this game, Dead Space is looking like more of the must play between the two so far. Maybe I'll wait for a sale on this.

Last edited:

SSfox

MERCENARIES IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!! YES YES YESSSS

Please make Wesker and Hunk Payable like the OG game

Other Campaign stuffs i don't care cause it's Spoilers city, no reason to watch that shit if you're gonna play the game

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Hmm interesting how much Luis is in this trailer, there are some sections he's not in in the original, like the Mines

Also, the fucking Island is back...
Thats what I was thinking, I think they rewrote his character to make him have more scenes/survive longer.

You can even see his NPC fighting in some of those shots.

Sygma

I love that the island is still in. Directors mentioned they just wanted to crank the original up to 11 and it looks just like that.

Valt7786

As utterly amazing as it looks, I'd wait til we see mercenaries in action before we get excited about it.
They said it was back for Village and well...that was dogshit so.

Arachnid

A lot of the voices seem off. Krauser sounds like a tryhard 17 year old trying to be tough, Salazar is a downgrade, Ada is terrible, Luis is off and super disrespected as a character, (etc...). Still looks great and it seems like nothing was cut (definitely didn't expect the double El Gigante fight to stay in, AND they added Luis for that section!). The QTEs replaced with actual gameplay (us controling Leon in the knife fight) is super cool.

I am excited for more Luis, but I hope they don't overdo him being our partner. I like my RE4 solitary. Keep that AI partner stuff for RE5 (or better yet, don't).

Mercs being DLC is stupid, and doesn't bode well for Seperate Ways.

Overall, still looks fantastic. Can't wait

Last edited:

dan76

Really hyped for it, getting it day one, but that trailer didn't really do much forme. They've left that helicopter part in from the island.... and what the hell is Luis doing with Leon fighting the two El Gigantes? im getting RE6 vibes. Please don't force me to play with an AI partner too much. I almost expected a co-op announcement.

Top Bottom