• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake – third trailer, demo, and DLC ‘The Mercenaries’

Madflavor

A lot of the voices seem off. Krauser sounds like a tryhard 17 year old trying to be tough, Salazar is a downgrade, Ada is terrible, Luis is off and super disrespected as a character, (etc...). Still looks great and it seems like nothing was cut (definitely didn't expect the double El Gigante fight to stay in, AND they added Luis for that section!). The QTEs replaced with actual gameplay (us controling Leon in the knife fight) is super cool.
Most of the voice acting ranges from mediocre to fine, but Krauser's voice actor is completely out of place. It's bad in the sense that it just doesn't fit the character and the physique at all.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Gibbs GIF by CBS

Minsc

Gold Member
That VA is awful. Makes the whole trailer awfully cheesy. Much like the new Naruto trailer🤣

So in other words it is absolutely perfect for RE! The series with lines such as "And Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you" or "Your Right Hand Comes Off?"

Elysion

Banned
Yikes, that minecart section looked goofy as fuck lol. It doesn’t really fit into the otherwise more serious vibe this remake is going for compared to the original imo.

RaduN

Looks fantastic.

If the 'game mechanics vs enemies' balance is as good as the original, so far that's the game of the generation right there.

Eiknarf

Have RE2 and RE3 remakes for the PS4.

Can’t really remember the original RE4. But, did it have less, more, or the same amount of puzzles?

Will the upcoming RE4 Remake have less or more of those kinds of puzzles?

Last edited:
This looks great. I’ve played up until about half way through the castle on the original and don’t remember most of the stuff in that trailer.

DKPOWPOW

I am happy, except for Krauser's voice. They kept the cheese. And more Luis is always good, except the voice acting here just ain't close to the originals. But it's not terrible.

The game looks sweet, it does seem like they cranked it to 11. Proud of you Capcom. This plus Street Fighter 6... *Chef's kiss*

FingerBang

A PSVR2-centered state of play
A Resident Evil 4 with PSVR2 support

No footage or mention of PSVR2 mode. I can't be the only one who's disappointed. That said, looks goosh.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
First trailer of the remake which makes me hyped for the game. Fucking day one!

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yikes, that minecart section looked goofy as fuck lol. It doesn’t really fit into the otherwise more serious vibe this remake is going for compared to the original imo.

You didn't play 8 then I take it?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Trailer looked cool, but sadly I'm not into those kind of remakes. Might get later when it's cheap.

Also, was that Don Quijote reference in the original? Liked that.

Griffon

Good it kept the goofy tone of the original.

Not sure how I feel about the graphics, the pitch black shadows everywhere is a weird choice, I don't liket that.

Last edited:
The gamma levels appear to be completely fooked guys, judging from the videos at least, the game is either too dark with crushed blacks or, some scenes appear to be washed out, it's really weird.

Also, the colour palette they decided on is...not very good, there's this weird blueish/brownish effect which turns me off.

Finally, the RE engine, while God-like when it came to the previous gen of consoles now appears to be a liiiitle long in the tooth and whilst the 1st trailer made my jaw drop, now... I just don't know (since the new videos came out I mean) - it really looks like a cross gen game .

Anyway...

Last edited:

Hugare

Some enemies (like the giants) look overdesigned

I'm surprisingly zero hyped for this. Recently I downloaded the HD Remake and I'm fine with that.

RE 2 and 3 needed remakes, but 4 still has such unique charm that makes it timeless. Especially now after the restoration mod.

I'll check it out eventually, but I doubt that this will be considered the definitive way to enjoy RE 4 like the new Dead Space remake was for the original

I'm surprised by the mine cart criticisms to the point where I feel like I must have watched a different trailer than the rest of you. It doesn't match the serious tone? The trailer is filled with campy stuff all over the place. If anything from all we've seen it's far more in line with the OG RE4 than RE2R/RE3R were in line with their respective games.

Leon's quipping off silly one liners, there's the buddy cop stuff all over the place too. I mean maybe people expected the game to be more serious coming from RE2R/RE3R but from what they've been showing off none of it seems that way. It seems like a largely faithful reimagining of RE4.

Amplify the fun, amplify the camp, amplify the horror.

RaduN

Trailer looked cool, but sadly I'm not into those kind of remakes. Might get later when it's cheap.

Also, was that Don Quijote reference in the original? Liked that.
It was not. And yeah, this is the kind of character dynamic that made the original such a fantastic experience.
Glad to see they are somewhat keeping this style.

killatopak

Gold Member
Anyone thinking
I'm surprised by the mine cart criticisms to the point where I feel like I must have watched a different trailer than the rest of you. It doesn't match the serious tone? The trailer is filled with campy stuff all over the place. If anything from all we've seen it's far more in line with the OG RE4 than RE2R/RE3R were in line with their respective games.

Leon's quipping off silly one liners, there's the buddy cop stuff all over the place too. I mean maybe people expected the game to be more serious coming from RE2R/RE3R but from what they've been showing off none of it seems that way. It seems like a largely faithful reimagining of RE4.

Amplify the fun, amplify the camp, amplify the horror.
I dunno how a giant moving statue chasing you across a bridge could be taken seriously.

Anyone thinking

I dunno how a giant moving statue chasing you across a bridge could be taken seriously.
That's basically my point. RE4 was goofy as hell and this seems perfectly in line with that based on everything they've shown so far.

So much so that that giant statue isn't off the table now lol.

Top Bottom