• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake – third trailer, demo, and DLC ‘The Mercenaries’

I don't give a damn because this looks graphically amazing to me. And a VR mode will be a given after what they did with RE8. I can only sing praises to Capcom because they've been on a roll lately. But where is my Pragmata announcement Capcom?

GymWolf

With this generation I think we all need to adjust expectations since pretty much every game is cross gen.

Plus these games are on the Series S as well whereas Horizon is an exclusive.
Like i said, hfw is a crossgen open world and it looks miles better than this, horizon is also on ps4, a way worse console than series s.

The game look barely better than re2 remake, a 4 years old game, does it still look good? of course it does.

You kinda have a point but i'm sure you can also see mine.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Some people just have higher standards in 2023.

The game looks barely better than re2 remake, a 4 years old game when it should look better than horizon fw, a damn full fledged open world game that runs circles around this thing graphically speaking.

Looking good was never the point, it should look much better than this.
Horizon Forbidden West looks better then nearly everything, shit Aloy even has peach fuzz.
But even that game has its faults that could be better and are not up to par.
It blows my mind that with all the details on Aloy's face her navel is just a blurry texture and her hands aren't that detailed.

Madflavor

Yeah, we get it, but they polished a piece of shit, so who cares? Capcom didn't feel the pressure of showcasing a console like Guerilla did. Maybe focus less on peach fuzz and more on everything else that makes a great game.

I really couldn’t have said it better myself. There’s no sense in obsessing and concerning yourself so much over an aspect of a game that will look obsolete in 2-3 years.

Realistic Graphics will never be anything more than a cute novelty, while games with a stronger focus on gameplay and fun outlast the Console Showcasers.

If it really means that much to a person, buy the game on PC and then in 4 months download the Fuckface’s Realistic Shadows mod.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Horizon Forbidden West looks better then nearly everything, shit Aloy even has peach fuzz.
It blows my mind that with all the details on Aloy's face her navel is just a blurry texture and her hands aren't that detailed.
oOqX8fn.jpg

GymWolf

Her navel?

About the hands, i think they used all their rendering budget on the feet for people with that type of fetish

horizon_forbidden_west_aloy_s_feet_by_xuanyaochen_df0wlce-pre.jpg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah, we get it, but they polished a piece of shit, so who cares? Capcom didn't feel the pressure of showcasing a console like Guerilla did. Maybe focus less on peach fuzz and more on everything else that makes a great game.
Yeah i get it, my argument its hard to counter so it's better to insult horizon and guerrilla for actually giving a fuck when they ask 70 dollars on new gen hardware, a piece of shit that millions of people probably enjoyed but ok:lollipop_squinting:

Sorry my bad, we can continue the circle jerk, why even talking about the graphic in a fucking remake where graphic represent like 80% of the reason people buy remakes:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

P.s inb4 gne gne shut up hater, i have the game firmly in preorder since november.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Glad to hear they're fixing the rain. That was the only thing about the graphics I thought was outright bad, because it actually distracted and to a certain extent blocked your view.

Also:

Review embargo lifts a week before launch. Sounds like they're very confident the game will review great.

Last edited:

Sygma

Like i said, hfw is a crossgen open world and it looks miles better than this, horizon is also on ps4, a way worse console than series s.

The game look barely better than re2 remake, a 4 years old game, does it still look good? of course it does.

You kinda have a point but i'm sure you can also see mine.

Rift Apart utterly destroys Horizon so I don't really understand that point. Not everything is meant to have very high production values and modern RE gales so far don't seem to be that, hence why they're able to churn them out quickly. In an age where any major game take 5 - 7 years to develop the "middle point" is perfectly fine if consistency is there, which it is

Also unlike REmake 2 and Village, 4 has quite a bit of runtime when playing it normally

Last edited:

Madflavor

Lifting the embargo a week ahead shows a ton of confidence. We also know they're not cutting anything out of the Remake, and are actually adding on to it. Game looks good and if it plays good, we're probably looking at somewhere in the 90-94 range. That's my prediction.

DavidGzz

Yeah i get it, my argument its hard to counter so it's better to insult horizon and guerrilla for actually giving a fuck when they ask 70 dollars on new gen hardware, a piece of shit that millions of people probably enjoyed but ok:lollipop_squinting:

Sorry my bad, we can continue the circle jerk, why even talking about the graphic in a fucking remake where graphic represent like 80% of the reason people buy remakes:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

P.s inb4 gne gne shut up hater, i have the game firmly in preorder since november.

Look at how fast they are pumping REmakes out compared to Naughty Dog games, Guerilla, and the GTAs of the world. Do they make amazing games with great graphics, sure(Guerilla not so much). But I don't want to wait 6+ years for each game. Bottom line, it looks miles better than the original and that's all it needs to do. They are trying to change things for the better too, not just putting makeup on it like Blue Point did with Demon's Souls.

spartan30gr

Glad to hear they're fixing the rain. That was the only thing about the graphics I thought was outright bad, because it actually distracted and to a certain extent blocked your view.

Also:

Review embargo lifts a week before launch. Sounds like they're very confident the game will review great.

GOTY is coming
jurassic park dinosaur GIF

GymWolf

Look at how fast they are pumping REmakes out compared to Naughty Dog games, Guerilla, and the GTAs of the world. Do they make amazing games with great graphics, sure(Guerilla not so much). But I don't want to wait 6+ years for each game. Bottom line, it looks miles better than the original and that's all it needs to do. They are trying to change things for the better too, not just putting makeup on it like Blue Point did with Demon's Souls.
See, this is a much better argument.

I usually don't have problems witj devs taking their time, it's not like we don't have anything else to play.

Remakes would never take that much because they don't have to create the game from zero tho.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Rift Apart utterly destroys Horizon so I don't really understand that point. Not everything is meant to have very high production values and modern RE gales so far don't seem to be that, hence why they're able to churn them out quickly. In an age where any major game take 5 - 7 years to develop the "middle point" is perfectly fine if consistency is there, which it is

Also unlike REmake 2 and Village, 4 has quite a bit of runtime when playing it normally
Rift doesn't utterly destroy hfw in any way, shape or form, at the very best they are on par but horizon get extra points for being open world imo.

Like i said, creating games from zero is much more work tham doing a remake, if capcom takes 5-7 years for remakes when insommiac can churn out games in 2 years and santa monica can make a new gigantic god of war in 3-4 years then they are just super fucking slow, not my fault.

Re games are not even super big games to begin with, it's not like they are remaking an open world rpg, even 4 is just a 15 hours game unless you are shit with action tps, maybe 5 hours more if you explore well.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Like i said, creating games from zero is much more work tham doing a remake, if capcom takes 5-7 years for remakes when insommiac can churn out games in 2 years and santa monica can make a new gigantic god of war in 3-4 years then they are just super fucking slow, not my fault.

Re games are not even super big games to begin with, it's not like they are remaking an open world rpg, even 4 is just a 15 hours game unless you are shit with action tps, maybe 5 hours more if you explore well.

Yeah, they aren't huge which is why got REmake 2(01/2019), Remake 3(04/2020), Village 05/2021), and Remake 4 (03/2023) in 4 years. 1 game a year. Pretty insane and awesome. These games were made from the ground up. The story was finished but they are not using the same engine or framework. Could each of these games look and animate better if they took 4-6 years each instead? Sure. But then I'd be 60 years old by the time Remake 4 came out. Fuck that, lol. Btw, Spider man took 4 years to develop, the DLC Miles Morales took over two years but the city was already finished. God of War Ragnarok already had the engine finished, it wasn't very different than 2018 so of course dev time isn't going to be insane. I'm pretty sure GoW 2018 took 5+.

GymWolf

Yeah, they aren't huge which is why got REmake 2(01/2019), Remake 3(04/2020), Village 05/2021), and Remake 4 (03/2023) in 4 years. 1 game a year. Pretty insane and awesome. These games were made from the ground up. The story was finished but they are not using the same engine or framework. Could each of these games look and animate better if they took 4-6 years each instead? Sure. But then I'd be 60 years old by the time Remake 4 came out. Fuck that, lol. Btw, Spider man took 4 years to develop, the DLC Miles Morales took over two years but the city was already finished. God of War Ragnarok already had the engine finished, it wasn't very different than 2018 so of course dev time isn't going to be insane. I'm pretty sure GoW 2018 took 5+.
I mean, capcom has the engine ready and we can debate all we want but remakes are just easier to make than new games, even if they change some stuff here and there.

Spidermans are open world games, re games are not, big difference, and gow already had the engine but it's also a WAY bigger game than re4.

I don't believe for a second that capcom would take 4-6 years for a single remake unless they are complete inepts, cmon, 3 years at worse and i would be ok with playing 2-3 high quality remakes with actual nextgen graphic per generation.

Again, agree to disagree, i don't give a damn if they can release one remake per year when they all look the same graphically.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I mean, capcom has the engine ready and we can debate all we want but remakes are just easier to make than new games, even if they change some stuff here and there.

Spidermans are open world games, re games are not, big difference, and gow already had the engine but it's also a WAY bigger game than re4.

I don't believe for a second that capcom would take 4-6 years for a single remake unless they are complete inepts, cmon, 3 years at worse and i would be ok with playing 2-3 high quality remakes with actual nextgen graphic per generation.

Again, agree to disagree, i don't give a damn if they can release one remake per year when they all look the same graphically.

Santa Monica had the engine ready for GoW Ragnarok and it looked the same as the previous one, even on the PS5. Miles Morales looked the same as well. Spiderman 2 will look very similar to the last two I bet. Horizon looked the same as the PS4 version with some extra features and peach fuzz. For me, the REmakes look as good as those games anyway besides PS5 Horizon. Yeah, agree to disagree, I don't want Capcom taking precious time to make the Remakes instead of getting to Dragon's Dogma 2 and Resident Evil 9. Let's face it, man. Games aren't going to look a gen ahead until UE5 games start coming out. Maybe when Naughty Dog makes their next game which will probably come to PS6.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Santa Monica had the engine ready for GoW Ragnarok and it looked the same as the previous one, even on the PS5. Miles Morales looked the same as well. Spiderman 2 will look very similar to the last two I bet. Horizon looked the same as the PS4 version with some extra features and peach fuzz. For me, the REmakes look as good as those games anyway besides PS5 Horizon. Yeah, agree to disagree, I don't want Capcom taking precious time to make the Remakes instead of getting to Dragon's Dogma 2 and Resident Evil 9.
I think they have different teams for dogma, monster hunter and new re games, these games are all in the work as we speak.

I have faith in sony teams to deliver even without ue5 tbh, last gen their proprietary engines were not exactly inferior to ue4 and i can see the same happening this gen when they actually start developing for nextgen only.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
I'd rather Aloy look like PS1 Hagrid and the game actually be fun rather than what we got

Anyone else replaying original RE4 before this gets released? I havn’t played it since gamecube (LOVED IT) and want to refresh my memory so when I play the remake I can go “Holy hell look how much better this looks and that looks and what they did to this and that wowww”.

Or are you guys more of a “dont replay it so its kind of a new experience to you” type?
WJxoI93.jpg

Ryuji Goda

I never played RE4 but I do own the PS4 version. I'm thinking of playing it so I can compare the two versions, like Tikilagoon said, but also want to go in fresh when playing the remake.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
To ps5 players of these games with headphones.
Do You have:
-Headphones selected in game
-binary/3d audio enabled in game
-Dynamic range high
-System level 3d headphones audio enabled?

I think all 3 is correct right? I mgiht be getting re4 remake on ps5 but I've tried village demos and this audio settings confuse me.
I want to get re2 rt version too since it totally crap my 3080 with it's 10gb of vram sadly.

And from the village demos I've played on ps5, the sound was a bit better than when I played on pc but I could be wrong

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Anyone else replaying original RE4 before this gets released? I havn’t played it since gamecube (LOVED IT) and want to refresh my memory so when I play the remake I can go “Holy hell look how much better this looks and that looks and what they did to this and that wowww”.

Or are you guys more of a “dont replay it so its kind of a new experience to you” type?
WJxoI93.jpg
I already know the original back to front. I hope they have some cheeky subversions in the remake.

iorek21

This game was never going to be a disappointment, Capcom would never - and that’s a big never - NEVER fail in the remake of the most important Resident Evil of all time.

This is a guaranteed 90-95 MC.

Top Bottom