• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake Gameplay Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

FVKozQrXEAAdYtR
FVKo2MsXEAEJh5d

FVKpDEzXoAEp1Bl
FVKpCd-XwAY0IWw

FVKpG4SXsAUrKG_
FVKpHlVWAAA9eyg

Last edited:

GHG

Looks incredible.

Really hoping the VR stuff is also coming to PC though. If they dare pull another RE7 on us...

Katajx

Gold Member
I hope they don’t remove the kick. I know people really got upset with the action aspect after 4, but it wasn’t super over the top like the stuff in 6.

It felt rather restrained in comparison and I would be sad if it goes.

Swift_Star

Banned
It's basically confirmed that is more of a horror game than action. Nice that they're going roots now

Capcom is just killing, man
I feel like it's going to be like RE Village. It's horror but you'll won't ever feel in need of ammo and whatnot. I don't think they'll make this like RE2 where managing resources is essential... unless on higher difficulties of course.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Leon looks fucking amazing thank God.
I was concerned because let's be honest, RE4 Leon is untouchable, but they nailed him here. D1.
Looks like RE4's prototype Leon which is great. As for the woods, the OG were too bright, the new ones seem too dark (but better overall)

Hyped. (hope they'll remove the island part and create a new level)

(yup, it would be perfect to add the prototype levels and remove the bland island)

Last edited:

Generic

Looks like RE4's prototype Leon which is great. As for the woods, the OG were too bright, the new ones seem too dark (but better overall)

Hyped. (hope they'll remove the island part and create a new level)
The island part has so many iconic moments dude.

I honestly do not think I will buy this. I have to put my foot down with remakes somewhere. Esp. for re4 which is pretty much perfect already.

It's one of those games where a remake can only be worse. Most people will go "ooooh, they redid the textures and I can walk and aim now."

Nah man. Re4 is the finest third person shooter ever made. The start of it ; evening with overcast, with the crows cawing... This remake feels more like so many other horror games in comparison.

Generic

I honestly do not think I will buy this. I have to put my foot down with remakes somewhere. Esp. for re4 which is pretty much perfect already.

It's one of those games where a remake can only be worse. Most people will go "ooooh, they redid the textures and I can walk and aim now."

Nah man. Re4 is the finest third person shooter ever made. The start of it ; evening with overcast, with the crows cawing... This remake feels more like so many other horror games in comparison.
Capcom is trying to cash-in on the success of RE2 Remake. I'm worried about the gameplay; RE4 was extremely arcadish, but I'm not sure if they want the same approach for the remake. Will the crows even drop loot when killed?

Last edited:

Jennings

Couldn't they have taken part in the Xbox showcase yesterday and made a big deal about it during a huge event where the eyes of the world could have seen it instead of just dumping this in a random tweet?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That was an extremely quick look, I wanted to see a lot more of the game :(

Last edited:

Vick

Looks like RE4's prototype Leon which is great.
He looks fucking perfect.
I know it's weird to care so much about a character model, a male one on top of that, and i didn't mind RE2R Leon at all.. but i've been super attached to RE4 and Darkside Chronicles Leon for my entire life because we basically share the same face, and that's one of the reasons i love OG RE4 so fucking much. Not sure i could still say the same this time with that slightly shorter nose, differently shaped chin and wider lips, but still, whatever they did to this new model compared to RE2, i love it.

100 times better than the shit they had in Degeneration and Vendetta.

As for the woods, the OG were too bright, the new ones seem too dark (but better overall)
Yeah it's certainly different. Not a fan of that cheap cold blue filter either, but we'll see.

OG atmosphere in the village is the literal definition of perfection for me.

Doom85

The island part has so many iconic moments dude.

Look Up This Is It GIF by Audible

Exactly, if they can enhance the horror element of the other areas, there’s no reason they can’t do the same for the island.

Also, what sane person wants Regenerators cut from RE 4?!

SnapShot

Wonder if it'll still have the option to kick stunned enemies in the face.

Also eager to see Remade Wesker, loved his RE5 design so curious to see how he'll look here.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Referencing the remakes and saying the people that played RE2 and RE3 remakes should find this familiar isn't good.

If they make RE 4 a fucking run from the guy then this IP is truly fucked. It's the worst and laziest padding they've integrated into the franchise.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Wow this looks so good!

The atmosphere is perfect this time. This one really looks like a survival horror. Can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom