• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake Gameplay Revealed

mckmas8808

Banned
I think it's gonna be a separate PSVR 2 mode or something.

RE4 had shooting galleries as mini games, that would make a good candidate for VR.

Jeff Rosenstock Thumbs Down GIF by SideOneDummy Records

SLB1904

Banned
I'm glad I skip this game all these years, bought the steam version plays like trash.
I'm excited for this. It's a new game for me

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Having them skip last gen, I'd expect it to look much better than RE2R. For the time being, it just doesn't. Maybe they hit a wall with the engine?
Waiting for a gory wake-up roundhouse kick in the face next time they show it

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Capcom have nailed the last two RE remakes and I see no reason why this won't be amazing. I was skeptical of RE4 getting remade as the original still holds up pretty well, but I've been impressed with what I've seen so far.

Just really, really hope Dino Crisis is next for the remake treatment. Either that or Code Veronica. Both of those are ripe for a remake.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Bitch-ass ninjas complaining about how it looks, it is amazing BTW

Confused Ryan Gosling GIF
😆
I'm satisfied with the graphics so far, Leon is great, the spanish old fuckers are fine, the trees have personality but the bitch-ass ninja are right about the lights, it's too dark.(it will be problematic with cheap TVs and bad contrast)
On the other hand, i disagree with them on the perfection of the OG game: I had a blast with it but i didn't like the woods, the island and the ending.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Looks good, personally not too bothered about playing a prettier re4, but if this is able to offer new stuff along with the best of the original, I'm definitely in.

Aggelos

RE4 throwback, from the current RE4Remake producer Hirabayashi.

And some OG RE4 director Mikami Shinji talks, back from August 2021.
He talks about various stuff.
The lake monster (El Lago) in Biohazard 4 was axed material from the original 1996 game. It was meant to be a monster that would give the player the feeling that something's gonna burst out from the water (under the surface). Eventually, it was scrapped and he always kept thinking about where he could add it again, and it took him approx. 10 years to make it happen. Also, he mentions that at that time the zombies' idea started to reach a point of satiety/fatigue and he thought that having human opponents (instead of zombies) would be scarier. Also, the thought of leaving the company had popped up in his mind, because the RE fans had always been asking to see zombies and Umbrella in each new sequel, whereas Mikami was thinking to veer off that path (just for once for a Biohazard game). And he talked to the Capcom higher-ups that they could bring back the zombies and Umbrella storyline for the next sequel, i.e. Biohazard 5 (since that's what the RE fans always want/wanted).
He considers the Biohazard 4 dev team his dream team and feels that it is the best team he's ever led as director. He thinks that putting together such an awesome team, is really hard to come by.

chixdiggit

Looks awesome but would rather just have a new RE game.
I already played through this on the Gamecube, Wii, PC, and Quest VR.

Star-Lord

As much as I love Resident Evil 4, there isn't actually anything too scary about the game, bar the Regenerators.

Tonally, this remake looks to add the horror Capcom were aiming for with the original.

Couldn't they have taken part in the Xbox showcase yesterday and made a big deal about it during a huge event where the eyes of the world could have seen it instead of just dumping this in a random tweet?
They were at Sony's State of Play. They probably have a deal with them for this. I don't think they would show up with the same game on Xbox Showcase.

But how about remaking 0? Or code Veronica? Or gun survivor😂

I'm only curious about what will they do with Ashley, and the stellar Mexican dub of the villagers

Last edited:
The colour palette and the whole mood reminded me of the first RE4 slice, with Leon inside a manor. Do you guys remember that particular demo? 🤔

EDMIX

This is Resident Evil 4 Remake, not The Last of Us Part 1.

Remakes are supose to be different, not just a graphic bump.
Well not necessarily

what it is "supposed to be" is going to be based on the designer in really the game itself because I think some games can easily do a 1.1 if they're very static or something or if the genre didn't progress that much let's say something like Tetris

Some games might need to be more so re-imagined if too many ideas have advanced between that time where they have to add it and a bunch of modern features.

So ultimately a remake can be a reimagining or it could be a 1.1 in simply be a graphical facelift or something like we saw with Demon's Souls but all of that is completely subjective because some games can work that way, some can't.

Like how Mario 64 plays is simply too much of the game's concept to change drastically. So the idea of a remake is simply cannot artistically ever be a concrete exact thing, it's always going to come down to the game the designer in the changes made between those times.

And to my understanding both Resident Evil 4 and The Last of Us 1 remake are changing gameplay elements. But that shouldn't even really be that surprising because a lot has changed with how you control third person shooters

EDMIX

Here we go again...

Why get triggered? A remake is not "Supposed to be" this or that. its subject to the game, genre, how long ago the original was made etc. Sorry man, but you can't cry over this shit, none of this is some ironclad rule or something to be sobbing over.

Added on ignore for a bit as you cool off from this remake outrage lol

Have a good one.

9c7

Fake

Why get triggered?

Are you sure asking me this question?

Look at you spamming the 'LOL' button in every post you don't agree.

Since Battlefield 2042 thread you keep using the 'LOL' button with no stop and nothing else.

Go on. Prove me I'm right.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Still very keen but I hope this doesn't mean they're skipping a Code Veronica remake.

That's the RE game that needed a remake more than any others. RE 1, 2, 3, 4 all still hold up as great games. Code Veronica is a good game with a LOT of shit stuck to it, namely way too much padding and awful boss battles. But regardless of its faults it should always have been RE4.

Last edited:

Ristifer

I'm skeptical about an RE4 remake. But damn, this looks awesome. I'm fine with it being more horror-inspired, but I still wish the time of day would slowly go from day to night. We'll see how it goes. It's looking damn good, though.

Top Bottom