• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 remake has added microtransactions to upgrade weapons quicker

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just wait some more weeks…

They also sold the infinite RL for 5€ for RE2Remake which I spent hours and nerves for.

You can literally beat the game once in the lowest difficulty and unlock it once for new game + on all difficulties.

Some rewards require you to not use NG+ weapons, but for general folks, unlocking Infinite rocket launcher is ridiculously easy.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
pro RE gamer dont use these cheats to unlock weapons or upgrades.

Moses85

You can literally beat the game once in the lowest difficulty and unlock it once for new game + on all difficulties.

Some rewards require you to not use NG+ weapons, but for general folks, unlocking Infinite rocket launcher is ridiculously easy.
Infinite RL is not possible to use for Platinum

adamsapple

Infinite RL is not possible to use for Platinum

Yes, and even if you pay for it, it would still not be possible.

The specific requirements for S+ rank trophies is that you must beat the game within 5 hours *without* NG+ weapons. IRL is an NG+ weapon, even if you unlock it from the rewards store, you can only use it on NG+ runs, not on new game runs.

Doing my second play through now, and I think I'm gonna grab a 5 pack. Mostly as a tip to the devs. But it will save me some sweet sweet time as well. 5x crit pistol here I come.

If you want to use it, I would have personally used it to speed up Blacktail or Red9 quicker. Red9 has the sheer stopping power and BT is the closest second strongest gun, but it also takes up less inventory space, so it's more versatile.

Last edited:

nkarafo

How long before using Cheat Engine in Single Player games, to get resources faster, is considered piracy against microtransaction DLCs?

adamsapple

E-Cat

The logical endgame of this type of development is to pay $100 for someone else to beat the game for you

I mean what's even the purpose??

kikii

They literally changed the balance of the game to accommodate the MTX.

RE4's "mtx" are nowhere near as egregious. Comparing the two is drawing a false parallel.

But you know that already.
so wait u need to play to get smt ? oO and i dunno anything atleast not abt re4-6 as those are shooterlooters or smt like that :D

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seriously, there is absolutely no reason to buy vouchers apart from using one to make the S+ run on Professional a bit less difficult. The key point being that even with an unlimited ammo weapon from the start that run is still extremely challenging and yes, frustrating.

It takes a bit off the grind, but realistically most people will need to do a bunch of full-story runs in order to prepare anyway, and along the way you'll most likely easily unlock all the other infinite use weapons.

The bottom line is that playing for that run is not for everyone. Its the definition of a task for hardcore completionists only because it not only takes skill, but it requires a ton of planning due to the limitations to both time and number of saves.

From a practical standpoint most players can just do multiple new-game+ cycles and unlock the crucial stuff that way, and by crucial I mean stuff like Ashley's special outfit that is almost mandatory for speedrunning!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
They literally changed the balance of the game to accommodate the MTX.
Well they kind of did change the balance of RE4 remake to be fair. They made it easier! Now instead having to play through Professional to unlock the Handcannon, you only need to wreck people on 3 stages in Mercs, with either Krauser or Hunk to get ridiculous easy to get high scores (Although Leon seem to be the top choice on Playstation on which the scoreboards are shared across PS4/5) and boom you get a sweet free Handcannon, and after what about an hour to a hour and a half of gameplay, you unlock Infinite Ammo for it anyway.

For free. In less than two hours. It's fairly clear that people stomping their feet angrily haven't played the game at all IMO.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Well they kind of did change the balance of RE4 remake to be fair. They made it easier! Now instead having to play through Professional to unlock the Handcannon, you only need to wreck people on 3 stages in Mercs, with either Krauser or Hunk to get ridiculous easy to get high scores (Although Leon seem to be the top choice on Playstation on which the scoreboards are shared across PS4/5) and boom you get a sweet free Handcannon, and after what about an hour to a hour and a half of gameplay, you unlock Infinite Ammo for it anyway

I take that as an absolute win.

PS, I was able to unlock HC with Mercs in 20 mins, while I was probably not gonna bang my head against a new Professional S+ Run, lol.

Last edited:

adamsapple

I would buy the handcannon, not gonna lie.

Mercs made it ridiculously easy to unlock.

You just need to get an S rank in the 3 maps, and it's really easy with Leon. Just make sure your combos are up, save mayhem mode for when the mid-boss enemies start appearing.

Even if you die, your score is counted so don't worry about quitting or restarting if you're about to die. IIRC you only need to score above 100K to get S rank. It's a lot easier than I'm making it sound, trust me.

If you have to buy shit to be like Arnie, you aren't a true gamer. 🤑

In fact, RE4 gives you way too much ammo as it is. At least use the game's challenging appeal itself to better your ability. 💪

I was wondering why it was taking me longer to upgrade my weapons to max compared to the original. Reminds me of Gran Turismo 7. I have to say I am tempted to buy the handcannon if I can but I am going to resist.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I was wondering why it was taking me longer to upgrade my weapons to max compared to the original. Reminds me of Gran Turismo 7. I have to say I am tempted to buy the handcannon if I can but I am going to resist.
The handcannon is not for sale as MTX. Only upgrade tickets are.

Go on mercenaries and get S rank on the 3 maps and youll have the handcannon in your current playthrough.

stickkidsam

tidus-laugh-o.gif

Soodanim

Gold Member
I've never had a problem with Capcom's Remake unlock keys. Single player games with a paid shortcut don't make the blindest bit of difference to anyone but the person that paid the cost to be the boss. Deluxe Edition exclusives are the more egregious content offering. Yes, they're paid cheats. But when was the last time you saw cheats in a game? I don't know of any in recent years, certainly not AAA stuff.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You can get the handcannon from s ranking mercenaries. Thats like 15 minutes max. Very easy to do.

Then you can buy this exclusive upgrade ticket they are selling for $3 in chapter 7. I can get there in an hour and a half now while doing all the side quests to get the currrency you need to buy it.

You can earn 2 exclusive tickets per run. You can beat the game in 4 hours on NG+. 5 Hours on regular NG runs with enough money to fully upgrade 3-4 other weapons.

I was wondering why it was taking me longer to upgrade my weapons to max compared to the original. Reminds me of Gran Turismo 7.
This mainly happens when you’re trying to blitz through the game, not do any side stuff, not find treasures, not break open boxes often, and not sell any additional weapons.

Advice for all: Don’t collect all weapons on a first play through. Sell what you aren’t using and min/max.

Top Bottom