• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake - New Details and Pictures Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
resident-evil-4-remake-085024.png

The game received new details and images and according to the details, the Remake will not have QTEs. In addition, the game will also feature side quests. Throughout the month of February Game Informer will be presenting new details about the game, such as gameplay details, as well as impressions of the church, cemetery and combat in general.

• Side quests are now in-game;
  • New enemies;
  • New crossbow (weapon);
  • No QTEs;
  • Can carry multiple knives;
  • R3 button is used to command Ashley;
  • Capcom didn't want to start from scratch, but "turned everything to 11".

New Pictures:

085037.jpg
085038.jpg
085049.jpg
085047.jpg
085048.jpg
Fn0-QERXwAEOhE2
085047.jpg
085046.jpg
085045.jpg
085043.jpg
Fn0-QueXoAI5Ef8

085044.jpg
085040.jpg
085042.jpg
085039.jpg

085041.jpg
resident-evil-4-remake-085023.png

Fn0g9geXkAEtvu3
Fn0g95fXkAM3zfW

Fn0g-UyWYAA11Qr
Fn09wtgX0AQ1X-S

Fn09wtZWIAQZVxc
353_hub_hero.png

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Hey no complains from me. So far, everything looks dandy. Btw, kinda cool they retained the stuff of Ashley being abducted. They are really trying to be as much closer to the origina as possible.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
It looks ugly an amateurish compared to the atmospheric original
Yea, I wouldn't go that far myself but the lighting and colors in those screenshots look like complete ass. I don't think the game will actually look that crushed/washed out.

OT - Looks cool, not super hyped cause RE4 is just a good game to me, never revisited it that much. I just hope there's a story this time and connections to prior games. The story in OG RE4 is truly awful. It's RE though so of course it's Day 1 for me. I'm expecting a solid gameplay experience. I'll probably like it more than the original.

Gorgyles

Banned
Yea, I wouldn't go that far myself but the lighting and colors in those screenshots look like complete ass. I don't think the game will actually look that crushed/washed out.

OT - Looks cool, not super hyped cause RE4 is just a good game to me, never revisited it that much. I just hope there's a story this time and connections to prior games. The story in OG RE4 is truly awful. It's RE though so of course it's Day 1 for me. I'm expecting a solid gameplay experience. I'll probably like it more than the original.

The new clips don't inspire me much, to be honest.
What is illuminating the rain? Why are the drops so big?
Why don't the flashes of lightning cast dramatic shadows?

There's a huge disconnect for me here.
It looks wrong and off.

Gun to my head I'd say it's because there's not a Capcom A-Team lead by Mikami working on it.
Artists who might care about mood and atmosphere and would shitcan giant cumdrop raindrops covering the screen.

This was such an interesting and dramatic moment in the original and that vibe is gone.

Gambit2483

So they made Ashley a grown woman instead of a kid, wasn't she the president's daughter? Always thought it was weird the president just didn't send in the entire us army to get her.

If I had to guess, late teens or early 20s. Maybe they updated her personality a bit so that she's less annoying and naive towards Leon.

fart town usa

Gold Member
The new clips don't inspire me much, to be honest.
What is illuminating the rain? Why are the drops so big?
Why don't the flashes of lightning cast dramatic shadows?

There's a huge disconnect for me here.
It looks wrong and off.

Gun to my head I'd say it's because there's not a Capcom A-Team lead by Mikami working on it.
Artists who might care about mood and atmosphere and would shitcan giant cumdrop raindrops covering the screen.

This was such an interesting and dramatic moment in the original and that vibe is gone.

lol, I have to agree. That rain clip looks downright awful.

I still have a hard time believing the lighting and colors are gonna look that bad once I play it. It is really bizarre though, I've never seen that clip before but yea, it really does look awful, lol. Watching it a few times over, it looks like someone superimposed Leon onto the scene. Everything about it is weird. The rain looks like it was inserted in post-production.

Gorgyles

Banned
lol, I have to agree. That rain clip looks downright awful.

I still have a hard time believing the lighting and colors are gonna look that bad once I play it. It is really bizarre though, I've never seen that clip before but yea, it really does look awful, lol. Watching it a few times over, it looks like someone superimposed Leon onto the scene. Everything about it is weird. The rain looks like it was inserted in post-production.

The rain 100% has its own light source that doesn't effect any other element in the scene
Some artless middle manager was probably like "YOU CANT EVEN SEE THE RAIN. MAKE IT BIGGER AND LIGHT IT UP!"

Eimran

This looks so fucking great. I was afraid they ditched the briefcase inventory seeing the first mix but fortunately they kept it in it.
e2Ho1CU.jpg

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom