• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake - New Details and Pictures Revealed

consoul

Blame it on the rain yeah yeah
music video 80s GIF

angrod14

Less than two months away from launch and this is how Capcom decides to market the game? Shitty footage and crumbs from Game Informer?

What a joke.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The rain looks absolutely atrocious. Cant believe an AAA art director approved this. Is this made by the B team?

MTrrnYw.gif

This is what rain looked like in games 7 years ago. I swear after Dead Space, Gotham knights and Forspoken, we are actually producing worse graphics than we did in 2015-2016.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Gorgyles

Banned
No it doesnt
The more I look, the more it seems like some rain overlay
unchanged by light sources or the character's movement

Last edited:

RaduN

I do not like the new Ashley's overall look.
She looks way older and less playful than the original one.
Leon also looks a bit less classy in his movements, and ironically, a few years younger than the original.

Other than that, it looks amazing for a cross gen title.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Reminds me to finish the Quest2 VR port, which was very good--basically the best way to experience the original game world with perfectly faithful graphics.

Shakka43

Ashley looks fine as hell here.

The gameplay from what they have shown so far looks a little janky and that rain is GTA trilogy DE bad. Hopefully they fix these issues before release.

SCB3

So they made Ashley a grown woman instead of a kid, wasn't she the president's daughter? Always thought it was weird the president just didn't send in the entire us army to get her.
Shes supposed to be 19-20 ish, she looked too young in the originals imo, this is perfect

Also, is Leon not wearing his Jacket at all in this? I don't think I've seen a single screenshot of him in it

Most excellent news.

I never really liked the QTE parts anyway. Also, I am not against enemies no longer dropping ammo in place of now using mixing powders. It was a hell of a dumb idea to begin with, because a lot of the enemies were either non human, or not carrying firearms. So them having bullets and other things, was hardly realistic.

Vick

The new clips don't inspire me much, to be honest.
What is illuminating the rain? Why are the drops so big?
Why don't the flashes of lightning cast dramatic shadows?

There's a huge disconnect for me here.
It looks wrong and off.

Gun to my head I'd say it's because there's not a Capcom A-Team lead by Mikami working on it.
Artists who might care about mood and atmosphere and would shitcan giant cumdrop raindrops covering the screen.

This was such an interesting and dramatic moment in the original and that vibe is gone.

I agree.
Resident Evil 4 is my most replayed game of all time. I've played every version ever released (favorite GameCube) and spent close to ten years on Re4 HD Project week after week providing feedback and analyzing every inch of the game.

I also consider the Village section and part of the Castle, in terms of mood and artistic design, among the very best things ever made, actually.
There was no way in hell for this Remake to satisfy me entirely so I am only going to treat this as a companion piece and that only.. yet that night clip was really worse than I expected.

Strangely, this doesn't look anywhere near as good as RE2 or RE3 to me.

1F34A4FB8A883220934797CACD3BFC22784C6F6B

876CEB3C8B4A4FFAE59AF268D7E0E3519C3FCE5A
If you played RE3E like that, you fucked up man.

VhumXd4.png

PJZuWRa.png

NaHsQZD.png

uZ4DYUi.png

VBuXX9B.png

This is what rain looked like in games 7 years ago. I swear after Dead Space, Gotham knights and Forspoken, we are actually producing worse graphics than we did in 2015-2016.

giphy.gif
That particular section always reminded me of RE4.. looked and still does look legit insane.

Yep. Did they hire Bluepoint Games to make it?
A Bluepoint RE4 Remake, with gameplay intact?

I'd legit pay $1000 for it. Demon's Souls looked made by Capcom Studio 4 and Studio 3 between Remake and RE0 pre-rendered backgrounds production.

demon-soul-ps5.gif

dOgqVEN.gif

Leon also looks a bit less classy in his movements.
This actually is a thing. I agree.

Also, is Leon not wearing his Jacket at all in this? I don't think I've seen a single screenshot of him in it
He certainly is. Plenty of pictures/videos with jacket on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom