• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Review thread

DavidGzz

ACG
Pretty much saying in some ways it feels dated but it's at the level of the RE2 remake which is an insta-buy

Gamespot

IGN

Fextralife

Eurogamer
"Overall, this is as good as remakes get."

Push Square

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/resident-evil-4?ref=hp
93-Meta

93-Open

Last edited:

killatopak

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Wasn’t an huge fan or RE4 back in the days but I’m now ready to give it a second chance knowing what to expect 😌

sumdumfuk

Banned
I always knew these devs would deliver nothing but solid gold. Remake 4 will remind people how good survival horror games can be. Washing away that dirty dead space remake aftertaste.
Didn’t play that yet. Thought it was well received apart of some woke trash here and there?

ShadowLag

finally got to the demo last night. as many others here, i am a die hard resident evil fan. i've been travelling throughout Europe and bought a gaming laptop to be able to play games and travel. this is day 1. super excited !!

Mad respect to your RE5 mercs runs on Twitch years ago. I was in that grind as well, albeit at a lower level ;D

~94-95 MC scores, game's gonna be yuuuuge.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Already pre ordered which I'm trying to stop doing but...with this game I knew...

Let's fucking goooo!

I didn't need these reviewers to tell me what I could already sense.

Any comments on xbox controls, that's my only concern now.

TonyK

I'm too lazy to read the reviews, somebody knows if the PS5 IQ problem or Xbox control problem from the demo is mentioned in the reviews, and solved in final release?

GrayChild

Expected nothing less from the Capgods.

Of course, there's always that guy (Pcgamesn) who deducts points from the overall score, because "RE4 is sexist, amirite guyze".

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So this seems like basically GOTY? I played the demo - never played the OG game but loved village and loved the demo
This game is gonna be fucking fantastic but with that being said I personally never consider Remake/Remasters as GOTY.

skit_data

Damn, 93 on MC after 80 reviews. Really impressive. As someone who haven’t played any RE games outside of just starting RE2 Remake after buying the RE2 and RE3 Remakes it looks like I have a lot to look forward to.

Edit: Pretty crazy how Capcom has seemingly become one of the best publishers out there, now all we want is a Dino Crisis remake of the same caliber.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
God I can't wait for next Friday.

Top Bottom