• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Sells Over 3 Million Units in First Two Days After Release

Draugoth

Gold Member
https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e230329.html

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that new title Resident Evil 4 for PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S and PC has sold over 3 million units worldwide.

The Resident Evil franchise features survival horror games in which players utilize a variety of weapons and other items to escape terrifying situations. Cumulative shipments of the games in the series now exceed 135 million units* since the first title debuted in 1996. Now, more than 27 years later, continuous support from the passionate fan base across the globe makes it Capcom’s flagship game series.

Resident Evil 4 is a remake of the original 2005 title. In addition to reworking the story and modernizing the game feel, the 2023 release will provide both fans of the series and newcomers alike with a fresh gameplay experience, featuring highly immersive visuals powered by the cutting-edge graphics technology of Capcom’s proprietary RE ENGINE. Along with securing high scores on online review sites, the title garnered praise and attention following the release of the Chainsaw Demo, in which players could enjoy the opening of the game, resulting in worldwide sales of the title surpassing 3 million units in the first two days after the game’s release.

Capcom remains firmly committed to satisfying the expectations of all stakeholders by leveraging its industry-leading game development capabilities in order to create highly entertaining gameplay experiences.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I bought 2. :D

Great for them. RE4 is my favourite game of all time and the Remake even pleases me. That says something.

Now please do a propper Remake of Code Veronica or RE5.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The greatest of all time, got greaterer. Well now Elden Ring is the GOAT kinda but I am a RE fanboy at heart since my childhood so....Yeah RE4 bitches! Bigger and better than ever. Can't wait to dive into Mercs (Wesker sounds sick!) and of course I will drop the cash for Separate Ways.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Amazing game. Well deserved. Those UK sales were not indicative considering it outsold RE2 and Village.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Amazing game. Well deserved. Those UK sales were not indicative considering it outsold RE2 and Village.

Those UK sales were also physical only in an overwhelmingly digital market. I told y'all not to put stock in it

Last edited:

Rykan

Way to go, Capcom! Now get rid of this stupid First Person fad and stick to Action Resident Evil, which is Best Resident Evil.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Because RE4's the best.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

One of the GOAT's has one of the GOAT remakes.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Mixed feelings about the game but overall mostly positive. Good to see single player games thriving :messenger_sunglasses:

Now use that cash to make RE10. Next gen only. Take it to the next level

fart town usa

Gold Member
I love that Capcom is firing on all cylinders. I still really want to see an Onimusha soulsborne type game and there's many other dormant IPs that could be absolute bangers but man, I really can't complain about anything that Capcom is doing. Far and away my favorite developer and I'm really happy for their success.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Yeah it is a great game so far (chapter 5). My favourite of the franchise together with Village.
I've been thinking about it and I actually think I prefer Village. Not that one is better than the other but just for my own personal preference. Just something about Village that really engages me. I'll probably go back to it once I'm done with RE4 and finish up my Village save in third person. I've played through it about 3 times and have a recent late game save that I've been wanting to try in third person.

Kuranghi

I've been thinking about it and I actually think I prefer Village. Not that one is better than the other but just for my own personal preference. Just something about Village that really engages me. I'll probably go back to it once I'm done with RE4 and finish up my Village save in third person. I've played through it about 3 times and have a recent late game save that I've been wanting to try in third person.

I think I did enjoy Village more overall so far, but I'm loving RE4R a lot, I played Village through about 8 times I think.

Gambit2483

Greatly deserved. It's amazing how Capcom first showed us what a true Remake could be with REmake on Gamecube and then what a true HD Remake could be with RE2 and now with RE4 what a 6th gen Remake/Reimagining can be.

Capcom stays winning in the Remake game...can we have Dino Crisis now?

2023 is shaping up to be one of the best years in gaming history similar to 2002

Dead Space
RE4
Metroid Prime
Hogwarts
Star Wars
Redfall
Zelda
Diablo
FFXVI
Starfield
Silent Hill 2
Spider-Man 2

Not to mention PSVR2 and stuff that may get released we don’t know about

Insane?

Yeah insane

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Those UK sales were also physical only in an overwhelmingly digital market. I told y'all not to put stock in it

Actually the UK sales clearly showed that it was selling great. Too many dumb people don't know how to extrapolate from that data, into what the full data set could look like.

MrA

Banned
It still shocks me that companies like EA and Ubisoft still don't get it. People world-wide LOVE single player games.
Yeah but capcom can't push insidious mtx with single player games,
Anyway, still think the original is better, (balance, atmosphere, pacing, encounter design, voice acting Krauser saddler and the merchant)
If combat was better balanced early in the remake I'd call it a tie
In its favor I like that they buffed the killer7, giving both magnums a purpose, Leon's and Luis voice acting is fine, and Ashley's is better) all the merchants sub missions were a nice addition and I like the puzzly aspect of the treasures
Soooo I'd still rate it A+ for all the faults (relative to the original) the game is still amazing. It doesn't replace the original but offer a great complimentary re-imagining and ill continue to play both just like the other remakes and originals

Top Bottom