• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Unveils Airsoft Replica of Leon's Gun

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Capcom announced its collaboration with airsoft gun manufacturer Tokyo Marui to release a replica of the Silver Ghost, Leon’s weapon in Resident Evil 4. This airsoft gun, the SG-09 R, features the main characteristics of Leon’s gun so that Resident Evil fans can purchase their own model of this iconic weapon. The SG-09 R airsoft gun will release in late March 2023 in Japan and cost 32,800 JPY, which amounts to around $243 USD.

The airsoft replica of Leon’s gun in Resident Evil 4 comes with a special magazine called Survive Magazine #18 and two extra magazines. The SG-09 R features the Kendo logo engraved on the right side of the gun just like in Resident Evil 4 and the same color scheme as Leon’s Silver Ghost. The left side of the pistol slide shows the serial number of the weapon to complete the look of this popular fictional weapon inspired by the H&K USP, S&W Sigma, and Ruger P85.

resident-evil-4-remake-leon-kennedy-airsoft-gun-1.jpg
resident-evil-4-remake-leon-kennedy-airsoft-gun-6.jpg

Last edited:

Kupfer

This is the first time I realize it looks pretty much like the pistol from HL2, which basically is a Heckler & Koch USP Match

Edit:
My bad, didn't read properly, it even has the H&K USP branding

Edit #2:
Seems like this gun was pretty popular in the early to mid 2000's. Lara Croft used them as well in Angel of Darkness & Legend.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Seems like this gun was pretty popular in the early to mid 2000's. Lara Croft used them as well in Angel of Darkness & Legend.
It's also the gun Solid Snake gets in the Tanker chapter of MGS2, it has the flashlight attachment there.

Kupfer

Don't think you can have replica looking guns in UK :(
Just asked ChatGPT. This reads to me like it is at least doable if you really want to own a firearm.
In the United Kingdom, there are very strict laws regarding the possession of firearms. For most citizens in the UK, the possession of a semi-automatic handgun is prohibited unless they meet certain requirements and have a valid license.
To obtain such a license, a person typically must be at least 21 years old, apply for a Firearms Certificate with the local police force and demonstrate a good reason for possessing a firearm, such as hunting, sport shooting or professional use.
The applicant must also undergo a background check, which includes a criminal record check, medical examinations, and an assessment of family circumstances. In addition, firearm owners in the UK are required to ensure that their firearms are stored securely, such as in a specially designed gun cabinet that meets safety requirements.
It is important to note that firearm possession in the UK is highly regulated and is only permitted in limited circumstances. The laws can vary from region to region, so individuals interested in purchasing and possessing firearms should always check with their local authorities to learn about the applicable regulations and requirements.

It's also the gun Solid Snake gets in the Tanker chapter of MGS2, it has the flashlight attachment there.
You are right.
Such a beautiful and slick (without attachments) gun.

Last edited:

Moses85

I have all these little RE 4 guns which Play Asia gave together with the game if you pre ordered the game.

I was totally crazy in this time and collected nearly everything.

CDs, TShirts, Figures and I also bought a RE4 style Jacket

dance moms lol GIF by Lifetime

Just asked ChatGPT. This reads to me like it is at least doable if you really want to own a firearm.

I eagerly await the first AI lawyers. That's gonna be a game-changer.

Oh shit, there'll probably be AI judges someday too.

AI convicts!? I can't wait. I am 100% on board for the coming dystopia.

The remake is a solid game. Although screw the puzzles. They are plentiful, yet annoying. :D

This is certainly not an abomination like that awful RE3 remake from back in 2020. But I reckon Capcom stepped up their game because they know the original RE4 is so iconic, that it really ain't a game to fool around with.

I can't say there's much to be disappointed about. Now granted, I am not the biggest RE4 fan in general, because it's not a game I ever saw as being anywhere as gripping as the early PlayStation games, if you're going off of the horror aspects. However, if judged by itself as an epic action game, it's certainly in a different class.

Top Bottom