• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil (HD Remake)

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Been relaying this after many years and am/are getting frustrated because of my short term memory. So much backtracking because I can't, or at most, have a vague recollecting what's in what's room.. Especially when I play the day after; ok. I've got this and that but what the fuck are their purpose again exactly? FFS LOL

Just ranting I guess...

Residents Evil. More like Evil Dementia

Edit ' I'd better take notes but bleh

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Use the map, can see which rooms are cleared of items then.

Ja I do that. But still.

More like ahh yisss I needed this for room X; spent 15 minutes looking for that room

Perhaps my mental notes ability took a vacation

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If you think about what the original would be like with linear gameplay and bright colored objective markers. It would basically be holding your hand throughout the entire game. Locked doors let you progress further until you find the right key. Analyzing objects and manipulating them to be used in the environment. I’ve played this game since PS1 and I’ve just memorized some things. You can find a bunch of text based or non spoiler guides too.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
If you think about what the original would be like with linear gameplay and bright colored objective markers. It would basically be holding your hand throughout the entire game. Locked doors let you progress further until you find the right key. Analyzing objects and manipulating them to be used in the environment. I’ve played this game since PS1 and I’ve just memorized some things. You can find a bunch of text based or non spoiler guides too.

Well said and thats what i like about it. Have looked up maybe 2 or 3 things because i felt i was out of op options.

My rant was more about entering the same crisomhead bathroom like 5 times. Last time I took him out. Was pretty chartatic lol.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Well said and thats what i like about it. Have looked up maybe 2 or 3 things because i felt i was out of op options.

My rant was more about entering the same crisomhead bathroom like 5 times. Last time I took him out. Was pretty chartatic lol.
Oh yeah and then they make you use up all your healing items just because they grabbed you while passing by.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Starting out in Raccoon city, discovering zombies at every corner and backtracking for keys to different rooms is what makes RE1-3 great.

No complaints here. I'd just wish I could make better mental notes to where to return with said items.

Like @QuickShot27 probably do some map item etc doodling

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
The game was designed to be replayed to shorten your play time and gain memorization with item locations.

If you haven't played it in years or months OF COURSE you'll forget every detail.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The game was designed to be replayed to shorten your play time and gain memorization with item locations.

If you haven't played it in years or months OF COURSE you'll forget every detail.

Yes. I'm aware of that. Just ranting mate =)

K' Dash

Ja I do that. But still.

More like ahh yisss I needed this for room X; spent 15 minutes looking for that room

Perhaps my mental notes ability took a vacation

if the map with color indicating if you've been there and also showing items not collected are not helping, maybe you need to take notes?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
if the map with color indicating if you've been there and also showing items not collected are not helping, maybe you need to take notes?

Sure perhaps. They're mostly herbs but still. A note is a handy reminder nonetheless.
Such an awesome game tho.

To be fair. Playing as a benzodiazepines addicted alcoholic Chris has it's charms.

Last edited:

Neff

The only game I have a platinum trophy for. I've played it to death. I only ever do hard mode/no save runs now.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
"Open de door on the left, now you comes across a locked door. Pro Tip: search for its key"

Itchy scratchy

😅💗👻

Last edited:

Excess

You'd love this game.

iu

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Imagine having to learn a whole new language and customs of a fictional culture to even solve a single puzzle.

When the context matter really resonates with you i guess its immsrsive as hell...

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
My head is pretty occupied so im not making mental notes and shit. Ahh yeah Its been years... its all good

MDSLKTR

It feels great when you learn the exact sequences. Had to do so many runs to get the platinum that I ended up 10-15minutes away from speedrun records, kinda proud.

Top Bottom