• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil producer says currently ‘no plans’ for Code Veronica remake

It's one of the highest rated games in the entire Resident Evil franchise. I've never played it though so I can't comment, but I'm guessing it lived up to the hype?

I guess they don't see the marketing potential, because it isn't numbered or well recognized. Kinda dumb, because they could have really focused on Wesker as its main appeal. And unlike RE4, which they didn't even to remake in the first place, they could have actually improved things here drastically - in a perfect world, they would remake flawed games and make them good, not remake good ones that are easily available.

Last edited:
Suggestion for how they could acknowledge this being the true RE3 when it comes to story:

45893010oi.png

mcjmetroid

5 is probably the game I want the remake of most. It has the makings of a game as good as 4 if a lot of possible tweaks were made.

Please don't remake 1, boring AF idea.

SenkiDala

The RE franchise is in my top 5, I played all RE games on day one, this one on day 1 on jp DC. All that to say that I think it is not that great on some points, the "psychological" part they tried to add was quite pathetic, the Ashfords are ridiculous and I laughed every time they appeared... and I was just 16yo so... I dunno how they could be credible for an adult. And the famous "fatheeeeeeeeeer" scene...

So they're the a lot of work to do, but overall this episode is essential for the lore, and still a great game. If they want to make a RE5 remake they need to remake RECV, to see the evolution of Chris at least.

Valt7786

5 is probably the game I want the remake of most. It has the makings of a game as good as 4 if a lot of possible tweaks were made.

Please don't remake 1, boring AF idea.

5 is 99% being done if the ending of 4 remake is anything to go by.

1 kinda needs doing now to to keep in with the continuity of the remakes. Going into 5R without knowing who chris and wesker are and why they hate each other would be confusing and pointless.

Kyo

Can't wait for them to give an eventual remake its rightful place in the series by retitling it Resident Evil: Cod3 V3ronica. 😄

Drizzlehell

Banned
Good, that game was fucking stupid.

I'd rather they focus on either remaking 5 and 6, or just continuing the series with new games and spin-offs.

mcjmetroid

5 is 99% being done if the ending of 4 remake is anything to go by.

1 kinda needs doing now to to keep in with the continuity of the remakes. Going into 5R without knowing who chris and wesker are and why they hate each other would be confusing and pointless.
Then they can play the other resident evil 1 remake., Resident Evil 1 HD is available on all modern platforms and honestly it's not that dated gameplay wise( it's an old gameplay design perfected but honestly not everyone game has to play the same now) and it still looks amazing because of the art style.

I enjoyed the remake of 2 and 3 but for me they took away from the feeling of the original games which is why 1 is my favorite remake to this day. I really like what they did with Resident Evil 4 remake mind you,

To me honestly there is nothing more boring as remaking the first one. The game has been re-released countless times and not to mention it is available on modern platforms. I understand where you're coming from from a newcomers point of view just trying to get into the series but as a fan of series what are people hoping for? What can a remake accomplish besides a better map and more modern controls?

5 is 100% the place to go. I'd love a coop version of the controls they created in resident evil 4. If they can tighen up the story a little bit and remove the piss filter which was the style at the time, I'm 100% in.

Don't go back to the first one please. I have no doubt they'll do it eventually but not now.

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
Not surprising. Such is life, the PS2 version is available on modern consoles and that's good enough for me.

CVX is easily one of the most underrated titles in the series and in terms of classic RE gameplay, the game is a complete juggernaut. Story is dumb as shit but gameplay-wise, it's near perfect for what it sets out to be. OST is top-tier as well and the PS2 emulator on PS4/PS5 do the visuals justice. Not for the faint of heart though, your first playthrough might have you rage quitting more than once :messenger_grinning_sweat:.

I've completed most RE games, many of them multiple times. But this is one I've never been able to. I either get frustrated or stuck. I made quite a concerted effort a few years ago, including using the infinite health glitch but even using some guides I still ended up getting stuck, and just walking around, back and forth between different areas, trying to figure out what the game wanted me to do, to progress. These old RE games and their elaborate puzzles are too cryptic for me I think, it's all too much like hard work.

I wish they'd remade this rather than 4 which didn't need a remake.

Hydroxy

Yes please give me Code Veronica remake. I never played it beyond the first hour or two and don't want to. And then RE1 remake and then RE5 remake

fart town usa

Gold Member
I've completed most RE games, many of them multiple times. But this is one I've never been able to. I either get frustrated or stuck. I made quite a concerted effort a few years ago, including using the infinite health glitch but even using some guides I still ended up getting stuck, and just walking around, back and forth between different areas, trying to figure out what the game wanted me to do, to progress. These old RE games and their elaborate puzzles are too cryptic for me I think, it's all too much like hard work.

I wish they'd remade this rather than 4 which didn't need a remake.
It's no joke when it comes to classic era RE. Hope you get to finish it someday. The game is infinitely more enjoyable once you finish it once and know the difficulty spikes, etc. It's so brutal the first time through, really unfair at times.

I'd rather they focus on either remaking 5 and 6, or just continuing the series with new games and spin-offs.
Calling Code Veronica fucking stupid but then proceeding to list RE6 the worst rated mainline title in the series that had a mutated T-REX boss fight is something I did not expect.

Code Veronica remade would fucking rule. It had the best OST in the series, it had Claire and Chris in it, had incredible atmosphere. It's shortcomings were in the acting and pacing department both which could be improved a great deal.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Calling Code Veronica fucking stupid but then proceeding to list RE6 the worst rated mainline title in the series that had a mutated T-REX boss fight is something I did not expect.

Code Veronica remade would fucking rule. It had the best OST in the series, it had Claire and Chris in it, had incredible atmosphere. It's shortcomings were in the acting and pacing department both which could be improved a great deal.
RE6 was stupid too but at least in a funny way. Like, it aimed for an Olympic medal in jumping the shark and it went home with a fucking gold. I genuinely think that Resident Evil lore is pretty stupid overall and it was always at its most boring when it actually tried to take itself seriously, so it only stands to reason that games like RE4 (or RE6 for that matter) are some of my favorite entries in this series. It's pure schlock and it doesn't even pretend to be anything else, and I love it.

Plus RE6 is actually fun to play, while tank controls are a thing of the past and they can just fuck off and die. Also Steve is the worst and the plot of Code Veronica is just awful, honestly it's even worse than six.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member

Please god, no. That was okay until it went off the rails starting with orange herbs. Turning the tyrant into a stalker and ruining Alflexia would be unforgivable mistakes.

I'd rather them not bother than half of that list, but luckily it is so poorly put together that I'm confident it's a complete fabrication.

MiguelItUp

I personally never understood the Veronica praise. It was the first time Resident Evil's "schlock" was laid on a bit too thick IMO. Even when RE4 came out after it wasn't nearly as "schlock-y" aside from the amazing one liners, lol.

Astral Dog

Please god, no. That was okay until it went off the rails starting with orange herbs. Turning the tyrant into a stalker and ruining Alflexia would be unforgivable mistakes.

I'd rather them not bother than half of that list, but luckily it is so poorly put together that I'm confident it's a complete fabrication.
I don't like the idea of Mtwo getting their hands on Code Veronica that should be enough reason to worry, the RE2/7/4 team needs to be on this project

But yep the list is so bogus it doesn't matter 🤭

Last edited:

SHA

Okay, go ahead and make 5, just rush through 6 and end the remake series anyway.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

+1 for RE5. I played a lot of RE4R Mercs this year and yes, I see potential in a remake of RE5. Imagine co-op gameplay and Mercs reunion with these mechanics. I think its at the very least a ton of fun. Do try to get D.C. Douglas back though.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
There are no plans because they're past making plans and are balls deep in developing the remake. Technically not a lie.

-Zelda-

Banned
Good. Hopefully 5 and 6 are after CV. Would also like Revelations 1 and 2 redone, and finally a Revelations 3 to finish that.
so:

CVR
Re9
RE 5R
Revelations 1 and 2 Rs
Resident Evil 10
Resident Evil 6R
Revelations 3
RE11
RE1 R again?

It more than likely will not happen that way, but that is my wish.

Last edited:

F31 Leopard

I would prefer a remaster of CVX. The only mainline RE I haven't beat. Got stuck on a certain boss fight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom