• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil producer says currently ‘no plans’ for Code Veronica remake

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sure. It'll be the next one to get the remake treatment.

With a pinch of luck, Dino Crisis will be after that.

Madflavor

I wonder what's next after RE4 Remake, 5 and 6 aren't that old and they're not that liked, remaking 1 again would be kinda dumb, rest of the games are less popular.
The correct move would be for the Remakes to be treated as a separate timeline, and we get more entries that occur between 1998 - 2006. That way we get more entries that feature the old guard cast.

By the time RE9 comes out, characters like Chris, Leon, Jill, Clair, etc, are gonna be pushing 50 years old. Not to mention decades of experience. They're essentially super soldiers. Ethan was a breath of fresh air because he was just some guy. I hope they continue with new protagonists in the mainline entries.

Astral Dog

Its very sad, Code Veronica has aged like milk, but a well crafted remake with modern controls/graphics made by a talented team would easily make it one of the best modern Resident Evil overall, the art, setting, music and content have a lot of potential.

But i fear it might never be realized 😢

Soltype

CV should have been after 3, RE4 didn't need a remake.I played some CV a couple years ago, the game needs a lot of polish.

Last edited:
One of the actual Resident Evil games that could actually use a remake isn’t getting a remake, at least for now. As much as I like RE4, I think Code Veronica needed a remake much more than RE4 did, but that’s probably just me.

They'll never do a remake of this game, a certain loud population of people will scream on Twitter over the villain of the first half of the game no matter what, even if they cut him out entirely.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
CV is a trash game. Stop the cap.

But it DOES need a remake.

Wanting remakes of every RE game is a waste of time though. Lol if you think REmake/RE0 need remakes. You're clearly an OTS casual.

Orta

Banned
The game would get destroyed due to woke people equating certain stuff to attacks on the lgbtbbqxyz community. It's never going to happen.

I thought Japanese devs tend not to be concerned about those fucking cunts?

Azurro

Banned
I thought Japanese devs tend not to be concerned about those fucking cunts?

Well, the games have a big budget and they need them to sell big numbers worldwide. I mean, I don't know, I'm just pessimistic about it. CV really needs a remake.

Nosferatu getting out of his restraints like that to attack you on the roof, still sends me chills.

I really don't think they'd do a good job with remaking it, as their new remakes are so annoyingly dark, and Capcom feels the need to constantly change the friggin' storyline.

Basically, old RE games were atmospheric, but you could still see what the heck you were doing. Now they're making everything look too emo by blanketing every room in darkness.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Speaking to website Noisy Pixel, series producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi said that there were no concrete plans to develop a Resident Evil Code: Veronica Remake, but didn’t totally rule out the opportunity, stating that if the “opportunity comes, maybe.”

Good.
For me it was the worst Resident Evil I've played in the franchise.

Darth-Vader-No-Gif.gif

fart town usa

Gold Member
Good.
For me it was the worst Resident Evil I've played in the franchise.
Is that based on playing it at release or a recent playthrough? Just curious cause I really disliked it for almost 20 years but a few years ago it clicked with me and it entered my top 3.

Not saying you need to play it again but just curious if you were like me and disliked it at launch.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Is that based on playing it at release or a recent playthrough? Just curious cause I really disliked it for almost 20 years but a few years ago it clicked with me and it entered my top 3.

Not saying you need to play it again but just curious if you were like me and disliked it at launch.

Hi, friend.

There were many details...

- I played it on Gamecube, after the remake, RE Zero and Resident evil 4, but it wasn't the graphics that was the problem.

-I feel that it is The Resident Evil more overrated.

- I didn't like the story, after RE 2, RE 3 and Zero, the story seemed very normal to me.

- The enemies and the bosses weren't that great... I feel them very generic, except Wesker.

- The place where the game takes place either, the environment is horrible... I liked the Racoon City scenario or the RE Zero Train better.

I had high expectations but when I finished it I was left with a 😐 face.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I remember picking it up on Dreamcast the day it came out. Imports were sold out at the time too. One of the best games on the Dreamcast. Weird how they’ve got such low standards. Steve’s voice is annoying, which could get fixed with a Remake. They could make some of the characters scarier by remaking it.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hi, friend.

- I played it on Gamecube, after the remake, RE Zero and Resident evil 4, but it wasn't the graphics that was the problem.

- I didn't like the story, after RE 2, RE 3 and Zero, the story seemed very normal to me.

- The enemies and the bosses weren't that great... I feel them very generic, except Wesker.

- The place where the game takes place either, the environment is horrible... I liked the Racoon City scenario or the RE Zero Train better.

Can't disagree with any of that, you're absolutely right, lol.

I love the game but yea, it definitely has it's share of issues. it's mostly the classic-style gameplay and OST that hooked me.

Well, I think RE1 needs a remake, as the original RE1 remake just doesn't suit the tone of these recent remakes. It doesn't make much sense, because if new players don't experience the original RE, they aren't going to know who Albert Wesker is, or the Umbrella Corporation, and this is from me assuming they're completely new to the lore.

Now CV comes after RE3, making it naturally the proper RE4 sort of game. So like, why skip it? Of course, I know why.

CV isn't a shooter like RE4, and I guess RE4 being on every platform since 2005 made their decision easier.

Astral Dog

Hi, friend.

Curious, i think it has its fair share of issues but its the Resident Evil with the highest potential of improvment with a REmake , it doesn't matter much if the original game aged if the team handling the project upgrades the game design and graphics while respecting the original vision. You just need some talented folks with experience on the series.

There are cool sceneraios from what i remember(you should check out Darkside Chronicles as well).

-Alfred can be a great villain, like on the Darkside Chronicles, damn he was so crazy there.
-The prison, old RE1 mansion,Doll House, the Artic, the 'Basement' graveyard, and others, all make creepy environments.
-The soundtrack 👌👌👌
-The storyline, once again can be updated it would be very interesting to see Wesker meeting Chris again and the lore
-big spiders 🕷️
-Nosferatu 😨

//DEVIL//

You want them to talk about the next project when the current project isn't out ?

Anyway for some reason I never thought of code Veronica is a mainline game so maybe they will switch to 5 directly

I remember picking it up on Dreamcast the day it came out. Imports were sold out at the time too. One of the best games on the Dreamcast. Weird how they’ve got such low standards. Steve’s voice is annoying, which could get fixed with a Remake. They could make some of the characters scarier by remaking it.
Yes, they could really do alot with the Ashford twins. And how Wesker wants the sample of T-Veronica, the most powerful, but hard to keep virus variant

I wouldn't worry too much about Capcom not remaking CV just yet, because RE4 will probably be very successful, and they will gradually run out of the old games to milk. But remaking RE4 honestly felt a bit too soon, since the original is from 2005 and CV was out in early 2000. Right? So CV warranted a modern rendition even more.

The only reason Capcom does what they do, is for money. They know RE4 has been selling massively as a port on pretty much everything it's came out for. So it really was the case of them releasing RE2 and 3, and seeing how people fell for them. I mean, give or take. I'm not a big fan of them myself, personally. I hate the cut content, missing enemies, and whatnot.

But RE4 being like the pinnacle of the franchise, means they got greedy too quickly. So I feel as if CV has been unjustly shunned here.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The game is too good for the RE series. They don’t know what to do with a good game. 😱

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Beyond stupid. Easily one of the easiest of the games in needing of a remix: excellent story that could use better direction for the more. . . campy of the games elements.

. . . also give me a break with the "woke handwringing."
PSYCHO
exists in a number of formats. This game would be fine.

I love the first three OST's from Masami Ueda ( to me he's the father of RE music ).

Having said that, I low key think Resident Evil Code Veronica has the best OST of the series. At least the horror games.

The composer knew how to create mood.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I'm sure they don't want to even remotely touch Alfred Ashford with a 20 foot pole in today's political climate.

Top Bottom