• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL SHOWCASE

So sneaky to initially present this as a next gen exclusive title .....

I am sick of companies doing that to push next gen sells
won't be surprised the decision to include current gen version was a last minute one, considering it comes with a free upgrade to next gen.

I don't expect the game to run well in current gen anyways.

Calverz

Man i saw a shit load of texture pop in on the ps5 footage......should this still be a thing on the superfast ssd?? Hopefully the spring demo will have combat.

lestar

Capcom is trying really hard to make a good multiplayer RE game in the last years when all they have to do is to release an online RE Outbreak remaster/remake

And I'm really excitied with RE Village, it's like RE7, RE3.5 and RE4 had a baby

splattered

Damn Sony marketing in full swing there! Game looks bad ass IMO... still rough in some areas maybe. The part where the guy shot the red barrel looked janky and they switched away quickly for example. Overall i am digging the art style and characters so far... looking forward to this! That being said.. MP looks shit. Demo (No combat?) looks i dunno? No RE4 Remake = fail.

Aggelos

The whole showcase...

giphy.gif

Bartski

Gold Member
that PS5 demo surprise drop!!! Well where the fuck is it???
Can't see RE:V in the upcoming section anymore, nor in preorders

FUBARx89

See they're still trying desperately to make a MP game that isn't outbreak.

Need to give it up man, cause that looked shite.

Village looked alright. Even with it's bloodborne vibes.

Dunno why anyone expected RE4 to be shown. Next year at the earliest.

Matt_Fox

My snap reaction...

-They included "also on current gen" as if it was a great thing. It's not.

-The PS5 graphics do look nice, and a few of the environmental shots around the Rococo chairs and walls really delighted me.

-Gameplay looks a bit more action oriented than RE7 which imho is a good thing. I didn't welcome the return of the fly swarm. I thought being befuddled by flies was lame in 7 and it looks like they're back again to irritate.

-REverse is a deathmatch with cel shaded graphics?! Woah, that's random. I don't think anyone was asking for this, but at least it's free with RE 8 so cant complain.

-The forthcoming CGI movie, the same as above (if you've got Netflix anyway its free, so its a shot to nothing).

-The PS5 demo available now, exciting - I'm off to download it and hoping for a mini PT like experience!

RE8 continues to look like bizarro RE4 much in the same way RE7 was bizarro RE1. I dig it. The castle looks great.

I'll check out the demo at some point. I usually don't bother, but I guess this is like the Kitchen demo for RE7 where it's kind of its own standalone thing.

Can't say I care much about everything that came after the Village gameplay. That RE battle royale looked really awful.

Saber

Gold Member
One thing I'm confused, is the Demo doesn't have combat?

No, it doesn't. Seems like just an exploration, which I believe is nothing but a showncase.

Frankly I can't see why people is excited for that. Its basically a FPS trying to fool morons with the "guard", as if is something of big deal.

I'm happy it's coming out for PS4 because a PS5 is not in my future. Would be great if they had a VR mode though, I would like to get some use out of my PSVR

Fake

Then whats the hell is point for the demo!? People want to experience the demo to get sneak peak of the combat. Its like releasing Monster Hunter Rise demo without the combat.

I guess is not appeal to that kinda of 'gamers'... More like Outlast.

If there anything Biohazard related in that franchise yet I don't found.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Then whats the hell is point for the demo!? People want to experience the demo to get sneak peak of the combat. Its like releasing Monster Hunter Rise demo without the combat.
It's just a prologue with a different character? It's standalone and spoils nothing from the actual game.
Think of it as the VHS tape segments in RE7, or the kitchen demo.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's just a prologue with a different character? It's standalone and spoils nothing from the actual game.
Think of it as the VHS tape segments in RE7, or the kitchen demo.
Even so they could still add little bit of combat to get the feeling how the combat works in the full game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
One thing I'm confused, is the Demo doesn't have combat?
Was probably the original game that had nothing to do with RE that got thrown around before being picked up again and turn into RE8, a bit like The Kitchen Demo that had such a good response from the journalists they greenlighted it as an RE game
They're just doing horror themes and slapping RE on it now

They had a chance and showed hope with the Remakes, but this just confirms it.
RE is dead

consoul

PS5 Store's search function is dead right now, probably under the load of everyone searching for the demo. So even if it is on the store, you can't get it.

Top Bottom