• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL SHOWCASE

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
-REverse is a deathmatch with cel shaded graphics?! Woah, that's random. I don't think anyone was asking for this, but at least it's free with RE 8 so cant complain.

-The forthcoming CGI movie, the same as above (if you've got Netflix anyway its free, so its a shot to nothing).

Just about everyone who saw the prior cg movies was asking for more, btw. They are awesome. Pure stupid cheese. Degeneration is the weakest.

Valt7786

RE:verse looks garbage and another tacked on MP game no one wanted. Why do they keep doing it? :/ Surely they look at the internet and see people wanting Outbreak style game, not this trash.

Village looks great though and I'll eat my left nut if there isn't an RE 4 remake being done. The Village > Castle will have plenty of reusable assets, it has the merchant and the attache case inventory? No way are they wasting that on just one game.

digital.png

Yeah, looks like the max difficulty is locked behind a paywall. wtf?
With this same edition including save room stuff, it makes you wonder if manual typewriter saves are part of the "Max Difficulty" mode and that mode alone. I know in the RE2 remake you could only use ink ribbons on Hard difficulty.

Fuck. They're going to get me, aren't they? :messenger_expressionless:

Aggelos

Fixed it for you

I was watching the showcase for a moment, but then switched to the newest update from Gnomon Workshop, because that looked much more awesome...

fart town usa

Gold Member
PS4 release is all I needed to hear. The 25th anniversary announcements might as well have not happened. Even worse than what Nintendo does for their anniversaries. Village looks awesome though. Excited to play it.

Bartski

Gold Member
so the game page of RE:Village back in the store but no demo link yet?

Back on the subject, lol @ the also on current aka last gen "good news" .
Jank spotted same places as in the teaser, not much hope there but whatever, besides that the game looks great.

The combat bit looked really neat, some actual hit reactions and expanding block with that push mechanic is a good move.
Definitely a more action oriented take on the RE7 formula, merchant is back, all good. Some great-looking interiors. Really hoping for that 60fps on PS5!

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Village looks fantastic 👌💯

They overhyped the event a little for gamers expecting other stuff not RE8 and nerds will get angry but it was still hype

-The forthcoming CGI movie, the same as above (if you've got Netflix anyway its free, so its a shot to nothing).
Unfortunately, it's not a movie - it's a series🤦‍♂️
Resident Evil is a creatively exhausted IP from this info dump. Give it a rest.
👆Exactly this.

I cringed through the entire presentation and RE: Verse was a jaw-droppingly embarrassing project to announce - especially with that much enthusiasm, as if it was going to be something that "stole the show".

First person Resident Evil just doesn't work for me. I loved RE4, REmake [Gamecube/remaster] and REmake 2, I was disappointed in most of REmake 3 and RE5 & RE7 were not my bag...at all.

sublimit

Banned
Is it because RE8 had problems with its development for PS5 that they are going to release an exclusive demo for it? My question goes to Dusk Golem of course.

Anyway i don't care for either REVIII or that other crap. I guess i should forget new games in this franchise (other than remakes) to appeal to me in the future.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Twitch streamers are "giving away" PSN avatar... so far it's only those who have subbed or donated, I haven't seen one given just for requesting. I could be wrong.

TheGejsza

If max difficulty is for pre-orders only... fuck them.

I know CAPCOM is totally in redemption arc now but I also know they are capable of doing such a fuckery... still I hope it might be unlocked from the start for pre-orders and for the rest player it'll be unlocked after finishing the game.

Soodanim

Gold Member
If max difficulty is for pre-orders only... fuck them.

I know CAPCOM is totally in redemption arc now but I also know they are capable of doing such a fuckery... still I hope it might be unlocked from the start for pre-orders and for the rest player it'll be unlocked after finishing the game.
Capcom were on a rise for me, but 3R being barebones in favour of Resistance flattened that angle and this new weird inclusion could be further evidence of them making shitty calls the fans never asked for. Only time will tell, but including it for free is the exact same set up as before.

I won’t pre-order this after 3R’s disappointments. I still maintain I got my money’s worth, but only because I got 25% off. It was a step down from 2R and they have to win me back.

As for this showcase, it was only worth watching to laugh at how pointless and empty it was. The best bit was undoubtedly Ubisoft for how ridiculously out of place it was in an RE event.

TheGejsza

Just played demo for a few mins... No dynamic shadows from flashlight is not cool tbh.

Edit:
There are some kind of dynamic shadows but... there's something off with them...

Last edited:
Top Bottom