• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil VIIIage DLC "Shadows of Rose" Announced (coming October 28, 2022)

Draugoth

Gold Member
FVKnUFkXoAANrtY

FVKqmeOWQAAmwVP

FVKng7LX0Acrebe

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
I’m opposite, I personally don’t care for FPS in RE games, if I can play entire RE8 in 3rd person mode then I’m hyped.
Good for you. I'm not opposed to RE 8 having a third person mode, though I feel that the game should be experienced in its intended mode, but the DLC should have been in first person, because thats part of what people loved about RE 8, and the DLC is aimed at them.

Nautilus

Banned
I thought RE8 was getting third person mode too as a toggle. So surely this DLC is just showing off the third person mode. I'm sure the 1st person view is still there.
Hope you are right.But they didn't mention anything, so that worries me.

Arun1910

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Hopefully this means they've realized people would rather have third person RE. Enough of that first person trash.

I think they said the DLC is third person only.
But the Ethan third person mode is the main game in third person, the first person mode for the main game will still be available. The dlc is going to be third person.

Nautilus

Banned
It’s obviously optional, they won’t remove the first person mode. But the good news is that this indicates that RE9 Won’t be first person.
That would be horrible news. And no, it indicates nothing, much like RE 2 Remake didn't indicate that RE 8 would be third person.

Nautilus

Banned

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Ugh it’s in third person. Why make an expansion and completely change up the gameplay like that ?

The entire game is now playable in 3rd person. Plus this is kinda normal for RE DLC. 7‘s DLC was almost entirely based on different gameplay styles. From Chris’s action FPS to rogue-lite survival, and blackjack.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Why would they keep a living part of a monster in a jar for 20 years :p
Anyway, should be great in third person. But I really enjoyed immersive first person too

-MD-

Super unexpected for them to give RE8 a third person cam, I love it.

Glad the series seems to be trending back to third person, I've had my fill with first person RE.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I was waiting for mega bargain bin price on Village because I didn't care for 7's FP perspective, but once that third person mode drops.... I'm all in.

Probably the biggest surprise for the summer announcements.

Top Bottom