• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil VIIIage DLC "Shadows of Rose" Announced (coming October 28, 2022)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I like how Village has more Mercenaries content than Resident Evil 3 Remake, the game that invented Mercenaries.

You just KNOW they are gonna cut it from RE4 Remake. Im sorry guys but I gotta feeling…

Rippa

We truly living in 3rd person survival horror haven!
220px-The_Callisto_Protocol_cover_art.jpg
resident-evil-4-remake-button-001-1654224044946.jpg
ffmGs82.png
DEAD-SPACE-REMAKE.jpg

the-bernie-mac-show-praise-god.gif
Fucking right!!

I’m all in on the TPS for Village. Fuck first person mode. My whole life is first person mode. 😂

Here’s hoping they implement a TPS for VII.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I am really curious how they handle 3rd person in the main game seeing as it was made for first person. There is a few events where I can’t even imagine trying to get through them in 3rd person.

Nautilus

Banned
Don't hope.
The DLC being locked to 3rd person, means that is the original experience intended, the story of ethan winters and his first person adventures are over.
I will, because not only first person brought back RE back to its roots, but its also an awesome way to experience RE.

More than that, Capcom proved that both first and third person RE can co exist(not to mention that first person RE sells better, even if just slightly) so it makes no sense to ditch it.

Nautilus

Banned
I am really curious how they handle 3rd person in the main game seeing as it was made for first person. There is a few events where I can’t even imagine trying to get through them in 3rd person.
We will see, but its almost garanteed it won't be nearly as impactful. That's why I don't like these forced modes, which clearly is just to boost sales, nothing more.

I'm guessing that Capcom will be creating new cutscenes to accomodate those scenes?But like I said, we will see.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wait I just realized unless we'll actually be able to see Ethan's face?

MacReady13

IMO Resi needs to remove 1st person mode. Works well in VR (obviously) for Resi 7 and will also work well for Resi 8 but they really need to be 3rd person. Great news!

K' Dash

IMO Resi needs to remove 1st person mode. Works well in VR (obviously) for Resi 7 and will also work well for Resi 8 but they really need to be 3rd person. Great news!
I was against first person since they showed it with RE7, but when I tried it, it felt just right. Same for RE8.

I'm sure replaying with the third person mode, I hope I can use a new game + with it.

Last edited:
Wait. Am I understanding this right. There isn't just a third person DLC, but there is also a 3rd person mode for the base game as well?

Sub_Level

Wait. Am I understanding this right. There isn't just a third person DLC, but there is also a 3rd person mode for the base game as well?

Correct. The entire base game can be played in 3rd person. However keep in mind two things:

1. You need to buy either the gold edition or the winters expansion set to use that mode. Its not a free update.

2. Its unclear if Mercenaries mode will offer third person.

killatopak

Man, I wish RE2 and RE3 had a fixed camera dlc. They already did the work on it too and scrapped it at the last second.

I can't be the only who thinks this right?

Sub_Level

Man, I wish RE2 and RE3 had a fixed camera dlc. They already did the work on it too and scrapped it at the last second.

I can't be the only who thinks this right?

IMO it just wouldn’t work with the way the shooting specific enemy locations works. The original games’ camera works cuz you could just aim straight, slightly higher, or slightly lower; very simplistic. In the remakes the difficulty is balanced around aiming for enemies in the head, hittin fast movers like lickers or dogs, or hittin tiny weak spots on bosses. Movin around the levels would work fine, theres plenty of mod vids on youtube showin that, but the whole enemy balance/game design would need to be modified. :messenger_confused:

killatopak

IMO it just wouldn’t work with the way the shooting specific enemy locations works. The original games’ camera works cuz you could just aim straight, slightly higher, or slightly lower; very simplistic. In the remakes the difficulty is balanced around aiming for enemies in the head, hittin fast movers like lickers or dogs, or hittin tiny weak spots on bosses. Movin around the levels would work fine, theres plenty of mod vids on youtube showin that, but the whole enemy balance/game design would need to be modified. :messenger_confused:
I understand. A man can dream though :messenger_loudly_crying:

RE3 even got the short end of the stick. No costume dlc(Dino Crisis), no classic soundtrack and the mp game included in it didn't even work. Shieeett...

Rickyiez

Might finally finish the game in TPS mode . Got nausea everytime I played RE8 , weird it didnt happened with RE7 .

njean777

So do we have to pay for this update/expansion or is it free? I got the deluxe edition so IDK if I am going to have to pay or what?

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I took my time clicking on this thread and now regret it. The whole game in 3rd person plus a DLC that extends the story?! And then RE 4 by next March. I'm in heaven. Definitely replaying the whole game plus DLC when this is available! I hope that this means RE9 will have third person from the get go!

Last edited:

mxbison

I doubt Village works as well in third person but people never stop asking for it in every game so nice from Capcom to listen to the fans I guess.

Kabelly

i was just about to pull the trigger on this game and i see there is a third person mode coming? i guess I will wait.

Great news and really excited for the 3rd person mode.

However I gotta confess I am in love with the first person mode for VII and Village, they were made for first person mode not third, so let’s see how it pales against the original mode

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
because not only first person brought back RE back to its roots
That's funny considering first person has nothing to do with REs "roots", so it's not needed.
We will see, but its almost garanteed it won't be nearly as impactful. That's why I don't like these forced modes
What does "impactful" even mean? Whatever your experience is going to be is going to be subjective.
The 3rd person mode is also not "forced", you can keep playing the main story in 1st person if you want; the DLC is a new experience so it's also not "forced".
I'm guessing that Capcom will be creating new cutscenes to accomodate those scenes?
Did you just not watch the presentation and decided to post here based on presumptions?
Yes they said the 3rd person mode has updated cutscene animations (because of course they would require them).

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
We truly living in 3rd person survival horror heaven!
220px-The_Callisto_Protocol_cover_art.jpg
resident-evil-4-remake-button-001-1654224044946.jpg
ffmGs82.png
DEAD-SPACE-REMAKE.jpg

the-bernie-mac-show-praise-god.gif
Hell yeah !!!
I really enjoy 1st person re games but it's a bit clunky.
RE2 plays a bit better I think, so it will be interesting to replay re8 in 3rd person.
I realized that the games for sure lost something with going to first person. We no longer think of these super star heroes. Ethan is just a player.
In re2 we control Leon or Claire who have much more personality and are interesting. We get to know them better from 3rd person.

Also, I am a bit leaning towards 3rd person recently unless it's vr. .... I actually think it's more realistic. In reality, you know where your body is, you have very large peripheral vision and you feel your surroundings. And 3rd person can be seen as cheat way to give that sensation back to the player. The body placement awareness.
Idk what I am talking about :p But for sure I feel this way about racing games. Cockpit view without vr is much more limited compared to reality.

btw - I didn't catch it - when is 3rd person coming?

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Great news and really excited for the 3rd person mode.

However I gotta confess I am in love with the first person mode for VII and Village, they were made for first person mode not third, so let’s see how it pales against the original mode
Yeah, exactly my thouths.I don't think it will suck or anything, but compared to the awesome original experience, it feels like it will be a bit underwhelming.

Top Bottom