• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village first PC footage with RTX on an RX 6700 XT

Astral Dog

NAh,
RT off is super ugly compared to on, I really don't understand how people can not see this.
We might as well just stay with ps3 graphics.
Im not sure what RT even is, but every time its on the games get so much prettier and lively, also look much warmer im impressed by the difference but it seems hella expensive (DMC5 at 30fps 😧)

Last edited:

Ascend

unknown.png

PS5 Gameplay.

Gameplay of one of the games with the best RT implementation, without nitpicking screenshots to show the difference;

OrionNebula

NAh,
RT off is super ugly compared to on, I really don't understand how people can not see this.
We might as well just stay with ps3 graphics.
It was a bit of a joke, obviously

Although ‘’super ugly’’ and ‘’ps3 graphics only because rt is off’’ are just as much a wild a statements, if you ask me 🤷🏻
But if you’re honest you’ll at least agree this isn’t the very best rt display ever.
If not, then you must have quite a field day watching the R&C video 😳

Lethal01

It was a bit of a joke, obviously

Although ‘’super ugly’’ and ‘’ps3 graphics only because rt is off’’ are just as much a wild a statements, if you ask me 🤷🏻

Nah, this is yet another display of RT the same limitations of real-time RT that we've been dealing with since the ps2 era.

I have been done with all the random glowing from lights that don't exist in games for ages.

If we're being honest we just value things differently.

I have a field day with ratchet and clank but I think this use RT for more than reflections is a gigantic step up.

Last edited:

llien

I was talking about resident evil 8(you know the thing this thread is about) and why in my opinion rt shadows in this game would have been more desirable than reflections, how do reflections in another game have have any relevance to my comment?
My point was that we had reflections way way WAY WAY WAY WAY before RT buzzword.

Armorian

Banned
My point was that we had reflections way way WAY WAY WAY WAY before RT buzzword.

Yes, even on Dreamcast and PS2 but SSR and RT reflections are global/universal and easy to implement so almost no one uses those (plus they're taxing to the hardware).

99Luffy

Banned
I would be absolutely fine because AMD is actually trying to compete and it would make me consider their GPUs. What AMD is doing now with these partnerships is a desperate attempt to limit DLSS adoption without offering an alternative.
Sounds like something they should do. FidelityFX works on both cards, DLSS is only nvidia.
Fight fire with fire.

Ascend

I didn't cherry pick shit. I posted a video of gameplay showing it looking exactly like that picture.
Adrienne Banfield Norris Agree GIF by Red Table Talk

I guess you posted the picture just because you had the time and nothing better to do... Because you basically called your own picture redundant, pretty much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom