• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village for PlayStation VR2 playable at TGS 2022

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Village-PSVR2_08-24-22.jpg

The PlayStation VR2 version of Resident Evil Village will be playable at Tokyo Game Show 2022, which will run from September 15 to 18 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan, Capcom announced.

Users will be able to play a segment of Castle Dimitrescu, and experience “ultimate immersion” as they jump into the world of Resident Evil Village in virtual reality. Users who play the demo will also walk away with a Resident Evil Village and Resident Evil 4 clear file set, while supplies last.

It is also worth noting that Resident Evil Village is the first PlayStation VR2 game to be announced as playable at a public event.

mxbison

Have they said if it will be proper VR with control over the weapon or like RE7 where you aim with your face?

That really took me out of it and I'll never understand how people name that as a shining example of VR...

Mr.ODST

Have they said if it will be proper VR with control over the weapon or like RE7 where you aim with your face?

That really took me out of it and I'll never understand how people name that as a shining example of VR...
PSVR was never a shining example, when people said they played proper VR and named PSVR I laughed and let them try my Meta Quest 2, I hope sony includes the standards of room scale etc, I think Firewall would of been the best VR Shooter on the market if it had it.

ZehDon

Gold Member
I'll be keen to read the hands on with PSVR2 and see where it ultimately stacks up against my Quest 2. Also, hopefully this means VR support for RE8 is on the way for the PC, because I've been holding out for it. RE7 in VR is still one the greatest horror experiences I've ever had.

Hunnybun

God I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. I absolutely loved the PSVR but the limitations were immediately obvious. For me the low resolution pretty much killed any game chasing photorealism.

The idea of having that kind of incredible immersion but with proper controllers and good graphics at a decent level of clarity, oh man. So so exciting. And glad now that I skipped Village, experiencing it all for the first time in VR will be great.

chixdiggit

I would assume it would have proper VR controls similar to RE 4 on the Quest.
It would be a massive disappointment if it controlled like RE7 on PSVR.

consoul

The race to get those demo slots is gonna be fierce. Getting demo tickets at TGS is a struggle at the best of times, but for the first public PSVR2 demo, with Biohazard. Hoo boy.

I can see why they would want to promote RE4, but showing the RE8 content felt a bit pointless giving how it's going to be released in the same month as the showcase. It can ruin the element of surprise.

After the last bit of belated content drops for RE8, I don't know if I'll be truly sad to see the story end. It was fun, and I did enjoy it. The games both have some ridiculousness about them, for definite. But to me, these games felt like diversions from the actual "true" RE storytelling. So it would be nice to get back to where we were before 7 was a thing. Because these games are going to keep feeling like constant soft reboots if this doesn't halt.

Ethan was only introduced in 7 and there's so much history from in prior decades. I am concerned we never see Jill Valentine again outside of remakes. It has been so many years. So I really want this current Umbrella storyline to finally go somewhere and be very impactful. Especially if this Apocalypse game really is the last main game.

In typical Capcom fashion, we may have to wait several more years and games, to get this current plot twist really going anywhere. They drip feed it so slowly to not exhaust themselves too soon, I know. It's seemingly a good way to pad it out and get fans excited. But it's also a tactic they seem to overuse.

Top Bottom