• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village Sales Top 10 Million Units Globally Making It The Fastest Title In The Series To Hit This Milestone

GPxzdCBaYAAxxJ1

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that worldwide sales of Resident Evil Village surpassed 10 million*1 units in the three years since its 2021 release, making it the fastest title in the series to hit this milestone.

Resident Evil Village is the sequel to the lauded Resident Evil 7 biohazard, which was launched in 2017, and features a variety of horror experiences, a greater degree of action, and even more expansive, highly-engaging gameplay.
Following its 2021 release, the title garnered critical acclaim across the world after taking honors at the Golden Joystick Awards 2021 and Japan Game Awards: 2022 for its high degree of polish and emotionally resonant story that won over a broad range of game players worldwide. In addition, both the release of Resident Evil Village Gold Edition, which includes the main game and additional story content, and expanded supported for devices such as iPhone 15 Pro has led to increased unit sales. Even now, three years after its release, the title continues to gain new users, selling approximately 2 million units each year. This has resulted in it achieving more than 10 million units in sales, making it the fastest title in the series to reach this milestone.

Capcom is firmly committed to satisfying the expectations of all users by leveraging its industry-leading game development capabilities in order to create highly entertaining gameplay experiences.

Last edited:

ThisIsMyDog

First person re > third person

Come at me third person bois
HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 37.2 TRILLION CELLS AND 86 BILLION NEURONS IN MY BODY. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH MICROMETER OF THOSE BILLIONS OF NEURONS, IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. HATE. HATE.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I didn’t even try the expansion with her. And I’m an RE fanboy. Did you play it? Looked terrible.

It had a couple of highlights but overall it was mediocre. Several locations from Village was reused as well so it didn't felt particularly fresh either with new environments.

squarealex

Very mid Resident Evil game. After the Castle it's very bad...

I don't understand why it sell so much.

Last edited:

TMLT

Good game. I feel like they kind of rushed through some of the locales though. After all the marketing the castle and vampire chick stuff was over and done with like 3-4 hours in which was a damn shame because it was a really cool setting and aesthetic. Same with Heisenbergs factory.

Apocryphon

I don’t have an issue with first person RE, I thought RE7 was excellent… but Village did absolutely nothing for me.

Pelao

Well deserved. It was my favorite RE game until I played RE4 Remake, which to me is also a first person game because I only play it in VR nowadays. 😅

I bought one copy I did't get to play much before selling the PSVR2. (Damn VR exclusives)
Bought a Second copy for my iPhone and finished it there.
Went from big all around me screen to a tiny held in my hand screen.

Astral Dog

I don't have to, just gotta wait for RE4 Remake to smash that record and speak for itself.
Both styles are awesome tbh, RE7 put the series back on track as the king of survival horror, you can notice its influence even in the REmake of 4

can't wait to see RE9

Last edited:
I didn’t even try the expansion with her. And I’m an RE fanboy. Did you play it? Looked terrible.
I love RE and man, the Winters expansion was some of the worst RE content I've ever played. It's a bunch of recycled areas plus garbage tier YouTube Horror style hide & seek elements. It's baffling how wide modern RE can swing quality wise sometimes.

Still, I'm just happy to see RE sell like hot cakes still as a franchise. I'm not a fan of Village really but doesn't matter.

Edellus

I'm glad. It deserves it.

It is such a great game. I think I played it 4 times (1 in VR and the others for the platinum).

I hope they continue to add VR modes. And to also focus more on horror (although do always add some quirkiness, for it wouldn't be a RE game without it).

Astral Dog

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Where? Where is the influence of the bland Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip-off?
Looking The Loud House GIF by Nickelodeon
Overall art direction, focus on horror and atmosphere, some of the cinematic/camera sections the first section at the cabin for example , im a big fan of RE7

I didn't say it was exactly like REVII though, just that it was influenced by it a little, like REVII itself was influenced by the Revelation games (the game director talked about this)

I don't think I've ever seen a RE game discounted so fast. It was like Ubisoft levels of sales, went down to like $20 by BF and it only released in May. I'm sure that and big vampire mommy step on me memes helped it. RE4R is at like 7 million already, and I know I haven't bought it yet so that's at least one more. Pretty sure that will break the record, especially if they discount it more. I was waiting for a Gold edition with DLC on disc, but if they drop it to $20 like Village I'll bite.

Calverz

Gold Member
I did. It was ok. It did have a really fucking creepy part that made me shit myself. Something the main game didn’t mange to achieve but aside from that, no desire to play the expansion again.

Diddy X

It sold so much because RE is popular af atm and ofcourse every game delivers, we should soon see the anouncement of RE9.

Last edited:
First person re > third person

Come at me third person bois

Nope, the 3rd person camera that was added is proof to the contrary 😉
I don't think I've ever seen a RE game discounted so fast. It was like Ubisoft levels of sales, went down to like $20 by BF and it only released in May. I'm sure that and big vampire mommy step on me memes helped it. RE4R is at like 7 million already, and I know I haven't bought it yet so that's at least one more. Pretty sure that will break the record, especially if they discount it more. I was waiting for a Gold edition with DLC on disc, but if they drop it to $20 like Village I'll bite.

It's been 20 Eurodollars for a few weeks now on PSN (Gold edition).

Bought it the 1st time on release date on XSX, finished it and...i found it to be merely OK-good.

Bought it again for the PS5 a few weeks ago, played it and finished it using the 3rd person camera this time and...I friggin' loved it - I really can't express how much better it felt this time, it felt like a "proper" RE game.
Also, and this is kind of strange but...I even found the atmosphere to be better using the 3rd person cam - something which should be the complete opposite since in 1st person, everything is more up close and personal and yet...

1st time was a solid 7.5/10, second time using the 3rd person camera elevated it to a 8.5 - 9/10 I really, REALLY enjoyed it more this time around, the atmosphere is just chef's kiss.jpg...

Shadow of rose DLC was also pretty OK, nothing spectacular mind you (and IMO, not deserving the 20 Eurodollars price tag) but, it expanded the story towards some pretty new/interesting directions and it had a few spots which were legit spooky (house Beneviento again 😁) AND they were also pretty tough.
A solid 6.5-7/10 as DLCs go IMO.

Anyway, I really can't emphasize enough how much better it feels/plays with the 3rd person cam, it's everything that I initially wanted/expected from this game, man, what a difference a camera perspective makes, fuck RE games in 1st person.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm genuinely shocked to see that from you. RE fanboy too and I love Village. It's easily one of the best RE games IMO. Pacing is fantastic, exploration is top notch, good use of backtracking and puzzles. The PSVR2 option too, amazing experience.

DLC was fine, nothing amazing, nothing terrible. Glad it wrapped up the Winters' trilogy though because RE9 was initially going to be the final part of Ethan's story.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
I'm genuinely shocked to see that from you. RE fanboy too and I love Village. It's easily one of the best RE games IMO. Pacing is fantastic, exploration is top notch, good use of backtracking and puzzles. The PSVR2 option too, amazing experience.

DLC was fine, nothing amazing, nothing terrible. Glad it wrapped up the Winters' trilogy though because RE9 was initially going to be the final part of Ethan's story.
We’ll have to disagree on village, brother. I really didn’t like it.

Still love you, though.

Top Bottom