• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village - Showcase Teaser | April 15th 3pm PDT

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

"Tune in on April 15th 3pm PDT for the Resident Evil Showcase! Watch a new trailer and gameplay for Resident Evil Village, and much more Resident Evil news live as it happens.

Resident Evil Village, eighth major installment in the survival horror franchise from Capcom is coming on May 7, 2021.

Thanks mods for the thread merge.

Thank U GIF by chuber channel

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Demo 3 weeks before launch, then. Yeah sounds about right

In any case, I can’t wait to hear more and see more of it. There’s still so much ground to cover (the remaining Houses, other environments as well, characters, etc). I know what some of you might say, but they also feel very confident about that new numbered entry, and I think it’s a good sign. I did not see that confidence with REMake 3 at all

supernova8

Banned
How did Brittney Brombacher get a gig doing that though? I've honestly never heard of her (or at least not before the first RE thing she did earlier in the year).

MiguelItUp

Here comes the demo! Let's go!

Really excited about checking it out. Hard to believe that RE8 is basically a month away. Stoked!

To each their own of course, but man, RE7 really captured the classic survival horror RE vibe more so than the series' iterations before it. Really hoping that RE8 is a larger improvement through and through.

I can't help but look RE8 footage the same way I looked at RE4's back in there day where it "didn't look like an RE game", but then ended up being monumental for not only the series, but gaming in general. I mean, it went on to influence SO many games.

Not saying RE8 will do that, per se. But I'm really hoping it's a step up across the board.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Is it too much to hope they announce it will come to PSVR 2?
I don't think so, but I'd reserve your expectations so you don't get disappointed. I feel like we've would've found out about such a thing already. But you never know, crazier things have happened!

If anything it could sometime be mentioned as something coming down the road. IF it ever does, of course. Honestly, a part of me feels like it'd be ridiculous for them NOT to do that considering the reception RE7 VR received, but who knows?

Last edited:
I don't think so, but I'd reserve your expectations so you don't get disappointed. I feel like we've would've found out about such a thing already. But you never know, crazier things have happened!

If anything it could sometime be mentioned as something coming down the road. IF it ever does, of course. Honestly, a part of me feels like it'd be ridiculous for them NOT to do that considering the reception RE7 VR received, but who knows?
Well PSVR 2 is going to need launch titles so my hope is that even if they do not say it now that it will be one of the PSVR 2 launch titles and we will find out more closer to the release of PSVR 2.

jaysius

Banned
Well PSVR 2 is going to need launch titles so my hope is that even if they do not say it now that it will be one of the PSVR 2 launch titles and we will find out more closer to the release of PSVR 2.
It is way too early days to talk about PSVR 2. They need to put actual work into this one, unlike tossing bottom of the barrel shit together. Hopefully this one is at LEAST as good as Quest 2.

The best you could hope for it backwards compatibly PSVR.

kunonabi

I'll probably give the demo a shot but unless it's a massive improvement over the abysmal RE7 I cant see myself giving Capcom another chance with 1st person RE. Hell, even if it was 3rd person the fact that were stuck with Ethan again is a major turn off.

Valt7786

Announce the RE4 remake you cowards
Can't see this happening until a few months after Village is released, will take the hype away from this one. Although it's such an easy and obvious thing for them to do, the assets they have here are clearly going to be used in RE 4 remake. The inventory, the village environments, the upgrade system etc.

Hugare

Not feeling the hunting mechanic.

Since stats upgrades will be attached to it, it will be basically mandatory.

Shooting chickens is not what I'm looking for in a RE game. Sure, you could do that with Leon, but it was quick and non intrusive. Sometimes you got items, other times not, so it felt like a reward.

Romulus

They are not announcing RE4R. Development completely restarted on it just a couple months afo. It'll be at least another couple years before we see it, and Outrage is gonna be announced first.

I'm hearing it's coming to Oculus as a specific VR version.

SuperGooey

I'm hearing it's coming to Oculus as a specific VR version.
The ransomwear leak didn't go into too much detail, but the RE4 Remake and RE4 VR are two separate projects, and RE4 Remake has restarted development from scratch since that leak.

I'd expect Village, ReVerse and Infinite Darkness (the CGI netflix series), and if there are any new games announced, it'll likely be Outrage, but chances are that is being saved for E3 after Village releases.

Flyinmunky

Hmnmm Don't know if I should watch this. Feels like I already seen enough. I'm getting the game day 1. But I do like to watch Easy Allies with it...

Think I will risk it though as interested in "Few Surprises"

MiguelItUp

Wait people didn’t like RE7? Why? Was RE6 better?
The people that didn't like RE7 just didn't like the move to first person as far as I know.

I don't think a lot of people liked RE6 period. I've seen people say it's dumb fun, but that's about it.

I haven't played RE6 as a result, I stayed as far away as possible.

That being said, I personally adored 7 as I felt like it really learned harder into survival horror gameplay than 6 (I'm sure) and 5. Hell, even 4, even though it was awesome. It just felt more like the first game, and I loved that.

Last edited:
That people that didn't like RE7 just didn't like the move to first person as far as I know.

I don't think a lot of people liked RE6 period. I've seen people say it's dumb fun, but that's about it.

That being said, I personally adored 7 as I felt like it really learned harder into survival horror gameplay than 6 (I'm sure) and 5. Hell, even 4, even though it was awesome. It just felt more like the first game, and I loved that.
Ah I see. I really enjoyed it as well but I like the first person perspective - I hadn’t played resident evil in a while tho. I just replayed the remakes of resident evil 1 and 2 and those were awesome as well.

assurdum

Banned
Not feeling the hunting mechanic.

Since stats upgrades will be attached to it, it will be basically mandatory.

Shooting chickens is not what I'm looking for in a RE game. Sure, you could do that with Leon, but it was quick and non intrusive. Sometimes you got items, other times not, so it felt like a reward.
Not feeling the whole game. I mean both RE7 and probably RE8 are not bad, but really why this obession for the first person views? Why such annoying anonymous main characters and bland storytelling? I literally hate the protagonists in RE7 and their stories are too much out of the touch. Sure, story was never a godsend in RE but at least it worked and characters were memorable.
I find more RE the RE2R than the sequels because honestly, even the gameplay was nothing more than a FPS as many others in the market, with just Resident Evil name branded in the game cover.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Ah I see. I really enjoyed it as well but I like the first person perspective - I hadn’t played resident evil in a while tho. I just replayed the remakes of resident evil 1 and 2 and those were awesome as well.
Yeah, same, FPS titles have been my favorite since I was a kid. I didn't think it'd work as well as it did, but it did, and even more so. I hear ya.

I know this may blow your mind but....
there are people who hated both RE6 and RE7.
tenor.gif
It's true! I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course. But it really does look like more people hated 6 than hated 7 for the most part.

I completely lost interest in this game after the really disappointed demo.

Looks just like any other PS4 title, graphics are nothing to praise about.

I believe they fucked it up by releasing a technical demo, were we supposed to be impressed by it? Dude, it looked exactly like Resident Evil VII and that didn't look good.

They should've released a proper gameplay demo, not that shit.

Last edited:
I know this may blow your mind but....
there are people who hated both RE6 and RE7.
tenor.gif
Ok I didn’t play re6 or 5, but I know the series changed direction with 7 - are the reasons people disliked 6 the same reasons they disliked 7? Was there something that people disliked in particular about it? I felt it was one of the scariest games I’ve played

I completely lost interest in this game after the really disappointed demo.

Looks just like any other PS4 title, graphics are nothing to praise about.

I believe they fucked it up by realizing a technical demo, were we supposed to be impressed by it? Dude, it looked exactly like Resident Evil VII and that didn't look good.

They should've released a proper gameplay demo, not that shit.
They’re releasing one tomorrow

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Yeah, same, FPS titles have been my favorite since I was a kid. I didn't think it'd work as well as it did, but it did, and even more so. I hear ya.

It's true! I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course. But it really does look like more people hated 6 than hated 7 for the most part.
When RE6 first came out it felt like everyone wanted to bomb Capcom.But as years passed i was surprised to see more and more fans (especially people who also loved RE4 and RE5) that really liked the more action games like RE6.We had a few here as well,like Jawmuncher for example.

Personally i hated both (for different reasons obviously) but if i had to choose one over the other i'd easily choose RE since it was fun with co-op.

The people that didn't like RE7 just didn't like the move to first person as far as I know.

The only way I would understand anyone liking RE 6 is if they played it with a friend. Otherwise I don't know what they're talking about.

Top Bottom