• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village voice actor hints that he may return in a new game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking to Gerard Eady on the Awfully Irish Podcast, Neil Newbon, who played Nicholai Ginovaef in the Resident Evil 3 remake and Karl Heisenberg in Village, stated that he and fellow actor Nicole Tompkins could be returning for another game.

Tomplins recently played Jill Valentine in RE3’s remake and Daniela Dimitrescu in Village.

“I do make some very good close friends that I love working with again and again sometimes,” Newbon said.

“You know, Nicole and I – I can’t talk about some things, but this is not our first rodeo and it may not be our last. We may have some other shit.”

Because each actor has played more than one character in the Resident Evil series, it’s not clear what game Newbon is referring to, whether it’s a direct sequel to Village, the reported Resident Evil 4 remake, or something else entirely.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's coming to me... It's coming to me...

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

It's going to be called Resident Evil 9.

I really miss third person in RE games. I know it was in the remakes, but those aren't really new, as such. But I would love a sequel that ditches this fantasy and first person crap. Because since the RE Engine came about, there hasn't been any new games in third person apart from the upcoming DLC and the remakes, and the online modes.

It's unbelievable. I don't think RE7 and 8 are terrible, but I find they don't hold a candle to the other games. Of course, I don't count bland trash like RE6 when I say older games.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I can't really see the fuzz about that. I mean, [good] voice actors do different characters in the same series all the time, but ok

anthony2690

Banned
I really miss third person in RE games. I know it was in the remakes, but those aren't really new, as such. But I would love a sequel that ditches this fantasy and first person crap. Because since the RE Engine came about, there hasn't been any new games in third person apart from the upcoming DLC and the remakes, and the online modes.

It's unbelievable. I don't think RE7 and 8 are terrible, but I find they don't hold a candle to the other games. Of course, I don't count bland trash like RE6 when I say older games.
RE8 is getting a third person mode :)

Did you know the RE3 remake was patched? This meant the second helicopter on the roof was removed. So Nicholai definitely gets killed with all the other unlucky souls in the city at the time of the impact.

In the original canon, he could fly off. But I always wanted to know if he actually truly survived. Some endings aren't the correct one. There was a note by him in Survivor, but only in the English version.

Apparently, it is going to be in another village, or it may be set in a quiet town. Which means the fantasy additions will probably be worse. :p

This fantasy stuff though? It is kind of too strange for me. I miss the cities and the labs.

Top Bottom