• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Chimera Collection could be announced at the upcoming PlayStation Event

UnNamed

Banned
Because it was terrible and should be forgotten
giphy.webp

Blond

Banned
You’d be playing these game already if they were xbox platform. Sony must want to sell remasters more than implement proper bc.
Yeah that’s why Halo MCC was totally free right? Gears ultimate? Rare collection? Age of Empires? Dead Rising? Dead or Alive ultimate? I’m just throwing shit out there.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Fake because the omitted resistance 3.
I wonder if something funky is going on with Resistance franchise, even though Sony own the IP I don't think 1&2 are on PS Now but 3 is, which is strange.

I haven't checked in a while but I'm sure that was the case.

Papacheeks

Banned
man, came in excited, but no multiplayer and no 3,
fall of man's splitscreen was great, and 2 co-op stuff was great, then 3 had the single player,
hopefully it is wrong and it will be all 3 with multiplayer, (plus retribution, wouldn't complain about burning sky either, but it's unspectacular)

As much as I want multiplayer from Resistance, looking at how 343 tried to juggle all those different network components and traffic for MCC it turned out to be a nightmare to fix.

I can see why Sony doesn't do that, especially when you look at Uncharted collection.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
thats like selling a FIFA/call of duty/battlefield game without multiplayer

Papacheeks

Banned
That references like half a dozen previous PlayStation games.

Yup, and that would be when contract negotiations for projects had concluded with option of purchase. I believe Demons souls release was when they came back with counter offer for Bluepoint. MGS REMAKE is a big one, but redoing resistance similar to how they did Uncharted collection is something a smaller team within the studio can do while the rest work on MGS1 remake. I don't know how far along MGS remake is though. Resistance collection could be this fall and that along with Death stranding Directors cut, Ghost, Kena, deathloop would easily carry them this fall on top of all third party.

yay old games. Never played these so will 100% pick these up.

If they dont have Resistance 3 on this collection Ill fucking riot.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yup, and that would be when contract negotiations for projects had concluded with option of purchase. I believe Demons souls release was when they came back with counter offer for Bluepoint. MGS REMAKE is a big one, but redoing resistance similar to how they did Uncharted collection is something a smaller team within the studio can do while the rest work on MGS1 remake. I don't know how far along MGS remake is though. Resistance collection could be this fall and that along with Death stranding Directors cut, Ghost, Kena, deathloop would easily carry them this fall on top of all third party.

If they dont have Resistance 3 on this collection Ill fucking riot.
true. I was 360 player at the time but remember resistance 3 making rounds

cormack12

Gold Member
I really dont understand the love this franchise got. Resistance 3 made it decent but 1 & 2 were grim (speaking purely from campaign pov)

SilentUser

I honestly doubt it and it doesn't make any sense to leave R3 out of it, unless they just upscaled and increased the FPS. Atill bizarre. Plus, no R2 coop is a major letdown!

Kupfer

If this is true, they HAVE TO push the water physics to another level. What the series achieved on the PS3 was breathtaking, now real next gen water please. I don't mind textures, polycount and resolution, I just want fluid and interactive water.

Last edited:
The third one is the best in terms of campaign, with the second being the worst. Good series overall...I doubt it, to be honest, but perhaps BP is behind the project?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Never played this series so have no real like/dislike. Interested to see what a remaster type of reboot would look like though. Sony are missing a first party AAA shooter experience with Halo coming out on Xbox soon maybe they are thinking of attempting to counter that.

MrA

Banned
As much as I want multiplayer from Resistance, looking at how 343 tried to juggle all those different network components and traffic for MCC it turned out to be a nightmare to fix.

I can see why Sony doesn't do that, especially when you look at Uncharted collection.
That's a fair point, but just the split screen would be good nice

Certinty

Missing the third game doesn’t make any sense.

1 was good but mainly because of the great multiplayer.

2 was not good but the coop made it somewhat decent from what I remember.

3 had one of the best FPS campaigns for the time though, if anything that is the one you want to be remaking.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Those were such awesome games. It was a shame the media had such a hate boner for the ps3 at the time.

stranno

Resistance was it's own thing, Resistance 2 was basically Killzone and Resistance 3 was basically Half Life 2, with his own Ravenholm and Nova Prospekt. Great trilogy.

My favorite, tho, was Nihilistic's Burning Skies. A pretty cool and compact game. It's a shame that they stripped out most features from Homefront days.

Last edited:

Kagero

This would be the surprise I would want the most. MEGATON!!!!!! But no MP sort of kills the hype a bit. WOULD LITERALLY KILL A BABY SEAL to have R2 co-op!

Markio128

I think the rumour stating that R3 isn’t included actually makes it more believable because remaking all 3 games would be a massive undertaking. Personally, I would be more than happy with just a remake of the first game because I really enjoyed the atmosphere and setting, but 1+2 would be awesome, especially if the visuals were up there with Demon’s Souls.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had each game when they launched and they were a lot of fun. The bullseye is still a lot of fun. I went back to Resistance 2 the other day and the graphics didn’t hold up very well. Stuff likes cars, floor textures, and character models are so dated now. R3 is the best entry if you ask me. R3 was the best looking entry in the series. I even put in KillZone 3 again. KillZone 3 looked pretty good. The 3rd entry in both series looked the best.

Bryank75

Banned
They are definitely doing something with Resistance but I don't know if it would be a remake. It makes sense though.

fatmarco

I bought a Ps4 in the hopes they'd have ports or collections of the likes of Killzone, Resistance etc. and even ports of Syphon Filter 1-3 so that tweet speaks to me hahah. Just please come to Ps4.

It appears to be referencing at least Twisted Metal Black, Syphon Filter, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid, maybe Killzone Shadowfall?

SaucyJack

I think the rumour stating that R3 isn’t included actually makes it more believable because remaking all 3 games would be a massive undertaking. Personally, I would be more than happy with just a remake of the first game because I really enjoyed the atmosphere and setting, but 1+2 would be awesome, especially if the visuals were up there with Demon’s Souls.

Does 3 need “rebuilt from the ground up”? I don’t think so. Remake of 1 and 2 (Bluepoint) and remastered port of 3 (Nixxes) for a complete collection.

Last edited:

Markio128

Does 3 need “rebuilt from the ground up”? I don’t think so. Remake of 1 and 2 (Bluepoint) and remastered port of 3 (Nixxes) for a complete collection.
Hey, at the end of the day, it is just a rumour, so there is just as much likelihood that R3 is included in some form. In fact, all 3 could just be remasters, similar to the Master Chief Collection. There is very little point in ranting about any omissions based on a rumour at this point, when it could all be a load of bollocks.

LordCBH

I wonder if something funky is going on with Resistance franchise, even though Sony own the IP I don't think 1&2 are on PS Now but 3 is, which is strange.

I haven't checked in a while but I'm sure that was the case.

I don’t think 2 and 1 ever had a digital release, so that would explain why it isn’t on now.

SaucyJack

Hey, at the end of the day, it is just a rumour, so there is just as much likelihood that R3 is included in some form. In fact, all 3 could just be remasters, similar to the Master Chief Collection. There is very little point in ranting about any omissions based on a rumour at this point, when it could all be a load of bollocks.

who’s ranting?

Top Bottom