• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Chimera Collection could be announced at the upcoming PlayStation Event

Kuranghi

If this is true, they HAVE TO push the water physics to another level. What the series achieved on the PS3 was breathtaking, now real next gen water please. I don't mind textures, polycount and resolution, I just want fluid and interactive water.

Yeah I never played these games back in the day despite playing almost all the big PS3 games and I only found out about this awesome water tech a month or two ago, really impressive even for todays games! So I'd also love if they had crazy water physics in these (supposed) remakes!

Portugeezer

Sounds like fanfiction, but something I would want.

I would have thought a Killzone trilogy collection would have been done by now, Resistance seems an odd choice.

yurinka

I'd prefer them to remake/remaster the Killzone games instead, I never liked the Resistance games. Or well, I'd remake the first GoW games or the first Uncharted before Killzone and specially Resistance games.

And well, I think this collection won't happen specially with two games instead of the 3 (or even 4 if we include the portable one).

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Fall of Man was actually pretty great. I beat it in short stints, somehow I couldn't play it for that long. But once I sat for it I thought it was excellent. The game had an awesome post WW2 alien setting, and some weapons like the slow mo sniper, heat seeking AR, Auger and shotgun were pretty fucking good. The game was tough, enemies were relentless and I've certainly played easier games. The game was tactical because it used a hybrid of health packs and regen. You had 3 or 4 blocks, and once a block was fully depleted it was gone until you scavenged a health pack.

R2 was very average and without the MP I think its easily the worst campaign of the lot.

R3 was one of those games, I bought on sale. And I beat it over a weekend. One of the best campaigns of that gen. Just held back by a shitty IQ and low framerate. If 3 isn't there I would be satisfied with the first. Its also a long time I played that. I think the controls need adjustment though.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Resistance is garbo.

Wow, bender I thought you were better than that? Hope you find solace in your life when your fucking a vacuum cleaner.

a trip to the moon futurama GIF

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Just because your mom cleans the house doesn't make her a vacuum cleaner.

HAHAH!!, i spit out my coffee on that one buddy.

Good form.

Whats that will Farrel movie where he's like " your mom's like an old vacuum cleaner, she sucks, she blows, and when I'm done I put her in the closet".

Last edited:

Banned
if they really completely remade the second game, that would be amazing... Resistance 2 was the stain on the franchise, and I actually hated that game with passion... such a letdown.

I know the third game is also controversial, but come on... it was way better than Resistance of Duty 2. that 2 weapon limit alone killed a lot of the unique qualities of Resistance at the time

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Resistance Fall of Man was amazing

The hell are you talking about

It was amazing if you have terrible taste. A dull as dishwater alien shooter that makes Gears of War look colorful which also lacks basic animation when zooming your weapons, and features terrible AI and level design. It felt dated when it launched in 2006, I can't imagine 15 years have helped it age any better. The arsenal has some of the Insomniac charm but those few interesting weapons are completely wasted by everything else they are packaged with.

Airbus Jr

Banned
It was amazing if you have terrible taste. A dull as dishwater alien shooter that makes Gears of War look colorful which also lacks basic animation when zooming your weapons, and features terrible AI and level design. It felt dated when it launched in 2006, I can't imagine 15 years have helped it age any better. The arsenal has some of the Insomniac charm but those few interesting weapons are completely wasted by everything else they are packaged with.
This is one shitty opinion if i ever seen one

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
If you like Resistance, you'd have the market cornered on shitty opinions. Only excusable if it was your first exposure to the genre..
Im here to tell you that you are wrong my friend

Do you understand what im saying yes? Perhaps its time for you to bail out from this thread since you dont seems to apreciate the game

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Scks about not having any mp i honestly thought that was the best thing about resistance 1 and 2 but the 3rd game was badass as well, id love it if they made the ga eplay for 1 and 2 closer to the third games

Papacheeks

Banned

Do you understand what im saying yes? Perhaps its time for you to bail out from this thread since you dont seems to apreciate the game

Bender is having fun, I think he knows there are people that like it. IT HAS a pretty good following. He just doesnt like it, he's open to his opinion I know a lot of people that dont care for it.

It was simple and suffered from the PS3 architecture being so difficult I think. That said, it was reasonably enjoyable and had nice audio and usable MP. Gears felt like an overly stylized bro-fest compared to Resistance.

That's my take on it - Resistance 3 was so far above Resistance 1+2 in terms of its graphics and visual quality, it could pretty much pass as a PS4 title. So maybe it's not specifically mentioned because it's not getting remade but just resolution/fps increases.
Eh…

Resistance 3 had more advanced lighting, and models at times but also was much blurrier. And less colorful than 2 and didn't have that sweet water, and iirc nothing too impressive in terms of scale like R2.

Either way, good game and it damn sure better be in the collection.

bender

What time is it?

Not wrong. Not your friend. I understand you aren't trying to counter any arguments beyond the knuckle dragging retort of "Resistance good, you bad". I don't need your advice ad like posting in this thread.

It was simple and suffered from the PS3 architecture being so difficult I think. That said, it was reasonably enjoyable and had nice audio and usable MP. Gears felt like an overly stylized bro-fest compared to Resistance.

To be clear, I'm comparing the color pallet with Gears, not the mechanics. The PS3/360 generation would marred by overly dull and muted color pallets. I'm not a Gears fan either.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Not wrong. Not your friend. I understand you aren't trying to counter any arguments beyond the knuckle dragging retort of "Resistance good, you bad". I don't need your advice ad like posting in this thread.

To be clear, I'm comparing the color pallet with Gears, not the mechanics. The PS3/360 generation would marred by overly dull and muted color pallets. I'm not a Gears fan either.
So whats exactly your point by coming here

Trying to make a statement or something

You seems smarter than the rest of us tho so teach us something we dont know

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Cmon Sony, why not remake the killzone series instead. With its superior gunplay and MP its the obvious choice. Sad!

Last edited:

Duchess

The only thing that bummed me about Resistance was that the baddies were aliens. I had thought it was a Russian super soldier project that had gone wrong.

This seems dumb.

Resistance 1 was good enough as a PS3 launch title, but Resistance 2 sucked...and Resistance 1 wasnt really good enough on its own to be nostalgic about.

Interesting series for the time period, but nothing really more than that. This seems like it would be a waste of effort

How do you release a "collection" and omit the 3rd game in the trilogy?
Agreed. Then again Silent Hill Collection did that as well for some reason by only including SH2 and SH3. Maybe I can understand leaving off Silent Hill since it’s a PSOne game, but I thought leaving off Silent Hill 4 was strange.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The source of the rumor seems to have pulled this out of his ass. Until it happens, I am a non-believer. I want this BADLY.

Top Bottom