• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Chimera Collection could be announced at the upcoming PlayStation Event

fart town usa

Gold Member
Pretty cool, I probably wouldn't buy them because I own the originals.

Resistance on the PSP, Retribution maybe? That game would be awesome to see remade from the ground up. I actually think that game has the best narrative of the whole series, it's the one I revisit the most. Gameplay is kinda simplified but for a PSP title, it's a really solid game. One of the best on the platform.

Banned
Killzone > Resistance any day of the week.

Killzone? :pie_roffles::pie_roffles: the first one was one of the worst shooters I've ever played. the second one was the bastard child of Call of Duty and Gears of War paired with bad controls, the third one was some wannabe Restistance/CoD mix with no soul and Shadowfall tried to stray away from the corridor leveldesign but ultimately was also pretty bland and suffered the typical launch window mediocrity that most launch window games suffer from.

Resistance wipes the floor with Killzone any day, even the worst one (2) is miles better than Killzone... even the PSP spinoff is better than Killzone. in fact the only good Killzone games are the 2 handheld spinoffs lol those were actually pretty good games

clem84

Gold Member
I still remember the trailer at E3 when they also showed the PS3
Wasn't there some controversy about the very first Killzone 2 trailer shown, that some people thought it couldn't be done on PS3? IIRC the first real trailer with in game PS3 footage was a bit of a step down from the previous one.

S0ULZB0URNE

Killzone? :pie_roffles::pie_roffles: the first one was one of the worst shooters I've ever played. the second one was the bastard child of Call of Duty and Gears of War paired with bad controls, the third one was some wannabe Restistance/CoD mix with no soul and Shadowfall tried to stray away from the corridor leveldesign but ultimately was also pretty bland and suffered the typical launch window mediocrity that most launch window games suffer from.

Resistance wipes the floor with Killzone any day, even the worst one (2) is miles better than Killzone... even the PSP spinoff is better than Killzone. in fact the only good Killzone games are the 2 handheld spinoffs lol those were actually pretty good games
No

Kupfer

Do you need any help?

Flutta

Banned

You are so full of shit, your toilet is prob jealous. 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Hayabusa83

Banned
This is why I will never buy a PS5. Sony completely disregards its legacy. Playstation 3 was the first console I bought after my first real job. Resistance and Motorstorm were big reasons why I wanted that system and those games did not disappoint. Fall of Man was an incredibly polished title that I felt got some underserved hate. In terms of enemy variety, AI, gun mechanics and physics it was absolutely top notch. Resistance 2 was a complete disappointment for me, while Resistance 3 was okay - its sub HD graphics really muddied up what could have been a great game.

OZ9000

Banned
Nobody outside you and a few other gibroni's are asking foe killzone 2 but here we are. 😄
Killzone 2 is a legitimately good FPS

I wish the same could be said about the Resistance series.

edit: Ok, I lied. I did enjoy Resistance 2.

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

The real question here is... Where the fock is that Playstation event lol, the year is ending Sony.

PS. To all of you Killzone and Resistance fans fighting each other _ wtf bros? You can ask for one series remake without shiting on the other. I'm a bigger Killzone fan but would like to see both remade and return from the ashes.

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Airbus Jr

Banned
This is why I will never buy a PS5. Sony completely disregards its legacy. Playstation 3 was the first console I bought after my first real job. Resistance and Motorstorm were big reasons why I wanted that system and those games did not disappoint. Fall of Man was an incredibly polished title that I felt got some underserved hate. In terms of enemy variety, AI, gun mechanics and physics it was absolutely top notch. Resistance 2 was a complete disappointment for me, while Resistance 3 was okay - its sub HD graphics really muddied up what could have been a great game.
Calm down man im sure a new resistance game will come one way or another insomniac arent going to let their flagship ip died so easily

Last edited:

Kerotan

Who asked for this?

Now give me Killzone 2 4k60 on PC and I'll be happy.
We need the holy trinity.

Motorstorm trilogy or else hire Codemasters for a one off reboot of Motorstorm taking the best tracks from the trilogy.

Resistance trilogy 4k 60fps. Although if they included the multiplayer from 1 and 2 it would be insane.

Killzone trilogy. 4k 60fps for all 3 and a 60fps patch for shadow fall.

I have fond memories of booting up fall of man and resistance 2. games were a blast to play, while I wouldn't say no to sequel or a reboot of the series. I'm completely good with them continuing rachet and clank, while getting marvel ip's or developing new ones.

Mobilemofo

Killzone 2 is a legitimately good FPS

I wish the same could be said about the Resistance series.

edit: Ok, I lied. I did enjoy Resistance 2.
but seriously, killzone 2 was quite good. i remember the heavyness of the contols. Resistance fall of man had mad multiplayer. Really good fun, with the spiky grenades that would explode in 50 different directions lol.

yurinka

Calm down man im sure a new resistance game will come one way or another insomniac arent going to let their flagship ip died so easily
Their flagship IPs are Ratchet and specially (even if not created by them) Spider-Man. They now also have Wolverine, and pretty likely will want to make a new IP somewhere in the future, or maybe a small VR stuff.

They are done with Resistance and moved to other, more important stuff.

Last edited:

NeroDaGod

Gold Member
And when is this PlayStation showcase? There were rumours there’d be one in December but that’s obviously not happening anymore

ParaSeoul

Both Sony shooter IPs are terrible in their own way

Why the fighting? So stupid. Both series have forgettable games.

ParaSeoul

But seriously both of these games had such cool concepts and settings but probably only have two good games between the two of them. A remaster would definitely need to fix some of the design issues.

Maybe one day, ONE DAY, Sony will realize that having an FPS franchise on their portfolio would be good. Enough with open world games, and get on with making some FPSs Sony.

ParaSeoul

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Which projects have they worked on? I have no idea.

I think Sony should completely reboot Killzone. They could indeed have their own Halo, they just don't want.
Halo picked up strongly on OG Xbox and became a massive multimedia property with tons of books and wide explored lore. KZ2, KZ3, KZ:SF we’re very strong games pushing some of the best graphics of each generation… not sure why they are not more popular (SF was a bit of a bore for me), but it is not as simple as what is inside each game maybe.

Top Bottom